Some Guy: UConn close to signing Hurley | Page 82 | The Boneyard

Some Guy: UConn close to signing Hurley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Urcea

Rent Enjoyer
Reaction Score
hearing from sources (hurley's babysitter) that danny hurley to new york yankees 10 yrs 275m with a new practice facility in east haven ct is practically done. anyone want to confirm

Reaction Score
Reason#340234938240938 to doubt this flood of sources: earlier source said they match our deal in terms of total value, but over 10 years instead of 5.

The means we offered $17M over 5, or $3.4M a year...
I wouldn't be surprised if he got us up to 3.4 but those would be bonuses for sweet sixteen, final fours and championships. Fits with what I heard that boosters will write checks for the incentives

Reaction Score
I’m going to claim Hurley to Uconn. Definitely think he’s battling between us and Rhode Island. I think he didn’t expect Rhode Island to provide the increase in funding to the program that he demanded, and would have provided a convenient justification to the school given his inherent loyalty. But, once the school did capitulate on those demands that convenient excuse went away, and now it’s struggle between us and them.

I think the more he talks it out, he’ll realize just how limited the Atlantic 10 conference will be in terms of reaching the highest levels. Conversely, we have a “brand” which he respects and we have 4 national championships in 20 years. We are a School that can win national championships. University of Rhode Island is not.

At the end of the day, they want comfort of home which I think Rhode Island and Connecticut provide, but only one school has a higher ceiling in terms of investment and being a premier program and with greater budgets and greater national visibility .

There was a reason he wanted us to begin with and he’ll be reminded in the end you gotta go with you first got instinct which was always Connecticut. There you have it, Hurley to Uconn.

Reaction Score
You sound angry bro. Breathe.
Yeah, that's the ticket. I'm sitting here laughing at the idiocy of this board and I'm "angry". Yeah, ok. LOL

I'm not sure how much anger you think it takes to use the SHIFT key or the BOLD button, but I'll give you a hint (not much)

Reaction Score
I'll eat my damn shoe if the state of RI can get out of its own way and actually build a practice facility. donors or not, it ain't happening

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Yeah, that's the ticket. I'm sitting here laughing at the idiocy of this board and I'm "angry". Yeah, ok. LOL

I'm not sure how much anger you think it takes to use the SHIFT key or the BOLD button, but I'll give you a hint (not much)
Nah, I was trying to be kind. You just sound like a tool, but that's nothing new.

Reaction Score
I'll eat my damn shoe if the state of RI can get out of its own way and actually build a practice facility. donors or not, it ain't happening
Maybe if they get Curt Schilling involved.

Reaction Score
I just can't see why he would ask URI for practice facilities. How does he know he will be there by the time they are done?

It will be a quick build...
8X4M-Colorfuly-Inflatable-Blow-Up-Tent-for-the-Outside-Event.jpg_640x640.jpg

sponsored by Dunkin Donuts

Reaction Score
Reason#340234938240938 to doubt this flood of sources: earlier source said they match our deal in terms of total value, but over 10 years instead of 5.
That’s an interesting definition of matching - work twice as many years for the same amount of money. By this logic my comp matches Bill Gates! Whose does yours match?

Reaction Score
I just love the irony of the guy repeatedly calling everyone else nuts when he is doing the exact same thing.
I'm certifiable right now. Hearing too much conflicting news lol

Reaction Score
I just love the irony of the guy repeatedly calling everyone else nuts when he is doing the exact same thing.

Right. How many posts are there here ? Of those, maybe a half dozen are mine. And based on that, I'm similarly posting 3 or 4 times per page, breathlessly repeating what every fool on Twitter in posting. AKA, definition of "exactly the same"

Reaction Score
I think your interpretation of the word "news" is too broad.

I've heard a grand total of 0 news on this subject.
I'm using tthe word liberally

Reaction Score
Right. How many posts are there here ? Of those, maybe a half dozen are mine. And based on that, I'm similarly posting 3 or 4 times per page, breathlessly repeating what every fool on Twitter in posting. AKA, definition of "exactly the same"
Why do you care how other people spend their time? Particularly on the internet?

I just don't get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak