Some Guy: UConn close to signing Hurley | Page 81 | The Boneyard

Some Guy: UConn close to signing Hurley

Status
Not open for further replies.

PWS

Reaction Score
Because he stinks at coaching

He has a better overall winning % than anyone (including PJ Carlesimo) who has coached a SH since some guy named John "Honey" Russell in the 50s. SH is not an easy place to win and they have been in the Tournament the last 2 years. For the last 40 years, SH has been downright awful most of the time. So, No, he does not stink at coaching, he recruits NYC well and is young enough to be around for awhile.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
He has a better overall winning % than anyone (including PJ Carlesimo) who has coached a SH since some guy named John "Honey" Russell in the 50s. SH is not an easy place to win and they have been in the Tournament the last 2 years. For the last 40 years, SH has been downright awful most of the time. So, No, he does not stink at coaching, he recruits NYC well and is young enough to be around for awhile.
Yeah, the FBI's noticed.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
upload_2018-3-21_12-42-49.png

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Can someone check in after visiting any local donut shops that they haven't seen Athletic Director...Dave monitoring anything?

Reaction Score

That could actually work in our favor. It'd seem that short of staying at URI, a lot of the positives are in our corner.

Oy. Would you guys please, PLEASE stop thinking these fools know ANYTHING. They don't. They are just spouting nonsense from their own imaginations.

You could easily preface every single one of these tweets with "Hmmm.... well, here's what I imagine is happening..."

I mean, seriously, he's "hearing" this from whom, exactly ? Hurley's family ? Don't think so.

Reaction Score
That's gotta give him something to think about. They went higher than I thought they could.
True, though outside of his contract there's a lot of promises there. UConn already has charters, already has the top notch practice facility, already offering more $ per year, is in driving distance of his family's current home in RI, in driving distance of his parents in NJ...

Reaction Score
Oy. Would you guys please, PLEASE stop thinking these fools know ANYTHING. They don't. They are just spouting nonsense from their own imaginations.

You could easily preface every single one of these tweets with "Hmmm.... well, here's what I imagine is happening..."

I mean, seriously, he's "hearing" this from whom, exactly ? Hurley's family ? Don't think so.

For most of the Twitterverse, yes. But Borges is a real journalist with real connections. Jacobs and Borges have sources, but it sounds like nobody really knows.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
How does Hurley feel about Newport? Better yet you west coast guys need to have an opinion on Newport. Newport, Newport, Newport.

Curiouser
Reaction Score

You sound angry bro. Breathe.

Reaction Score
I just can't see why he would ask URI for practice facilities. How does he know he will be there by the time they are done?
I think for URI, there should have been movement after last year's NCAA tournament to work towards practice facility/charter/money for assistants. I'm hopeful that it's a little too late for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom