Some Guy: UConn close to signing Hurley | Page 84 | The Boneyard

Some Guy: UConn close to signing Hurley

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Update: We have passed the pizza thread in pageviews, and are 100 away in total replies.

We are utter maniacs.
Really if Hurley is still unsure, this thread ought to push him over the top. Someone print this out and drive down to Saunderstown. I'm sure he'll appreciate a knock on the bunker door.

Reaction Score
Apparently Miller does not have a buyout either. According to the Pitt board, "he has a significant amount of stock tied to a local company that is payable to him if stays through a certain time" so he would have to give that up in lieu of a buyout.

Reaction Score
So. Hurley said he'd take less to stay at home if they pledged improvements. It seems like they have pledged those and they gave him a raise. Will he still spurn them?

But the raise is literally half of Pitt's offer per year. Is that + ACC worth starting over for your family?

And then UConn's offer is in-between salary per year, and compromise of being both closer and with established facilities and better brand in a conference you can win a title in (but that's not P5).

Honestly it's a pretty tough decision. I can see him being very torn to do what's best for him vs. what he's spoken about publicly to RI fans. If they made these commitments to him, can he turn that down? We may be in the Goldilocks zone, though. I'm staying confident.

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
If I'm reading too much into this (as we all are, at this point) please tell me so, but the way Pitt is leaking out info right now screams that they don't think he is taking that job.

They are taking a beating locally, so it makes a lot of sense from a PR perspective to first leak out that you did in fact go hard for Hurley and then, with a decision seemingly coming out at any minute, you leak that you're now talking to Miller, who is the savior in the fan base's minds, to mitigate any blow back from Hurley not going there.

Again, I could be reading into this too much but the logic of the leaks from Pitt's side seem way too calculated.

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Oy. Would you guys please, PLEASE stop thinking these fools know ANYTHING. They don't. They are just spouting nonsense from their own imaginations.

You could easily preface every single one of these tweets with "Hmmm.... well, here's what I imagine is happening..."

I mean, seriously, he's "hearing" this from whom, exactly ? Hurley's family ? Don't think so.
study_on_cell_phones,_kids_and_cancer_a_dropped_call.png

"Yeah, he's still talking to Mommy, but it's looking good."

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The absolute best thing that could
ever happen is if Hoops Weiss broke the news on Twitter and tagged Blue Star Media.

That would give him the permanent twitter crown.

He is so awesome he said the other day he likes twitter because everyone is so nice.

Reaction Score
So. Hurley said he'd take less to stay at home if they pledged improvements. It seems like they have pledged those and they gave him a raise. Will he still spurn them?

But the raise is literally half of Pitt's offer per year. Is that + ACC worth starting over for your family?

And then UConn's offer is in-between salary per year, and compromise of being both closer and with established facilities and better brand in a conference you can win a title in (but that's not P5).

Honestly it's a pretty tough decision. I can see him being very torn to do what's best for him vs. what he's spoken about publicly to RI fans. If they made these commitments to him, can he turn that down? We may be in the Goldilocks zone, though. I'm staying confident.

Yea i feel like they called his bluff and he's gotta follow through now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom