Some Guy: UConn close to signing Hurley | Page 85 | The Boneyard

Some Guy: UConn close to signing Hurley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If I'm reading too much into this (as we all are, at this point) please tell me so, but the way Pitt is leaking out info right now screams that they don't think he is taking that job.

They are taking a beating locally, so it makes a lot of sense from a PR prospective to first leak out that you did in fact go hard for Hurley and then, with a decision seemingly coming out at any minute, you leak that you're now talking to Miller, who is the savior in the fan base's minds, to mitigate any blow back from Hurley not going there.

Again, I could be reading into this too much but the logic of the leaks from Pitt's side seem way too calculated.

It's entirely possible Hurley has already turned Pitt down. Pitt doesn't get anything out of making that news public, they could just let Hurley make an announcement as to who he chooses.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
The absolute best thing that could
ever happen is if Hoops Weiss broke the news on Twitter and tagged Blue Star Media.

That would give him the permanent twitter crown.

He is so awesome he said the other day he likes twitter because everyone is so nice.
Read all about it on tmgcollegesportscom

Last edited:
Reaction Score
totally agree

If I'm reading too much into this (as we all are, at this point) please tell me so, but the way Pitt is leaking out info right now screams that they don't think he is taking that job.

They are taking a beating locally, so it makes a lot of sense from a PR prospective to first leak out that you did in fact go hard for Hurley and then, with a decision seemingly coming out at any minute, you leak that you're now talking to Miller, who is the savior in the fan base's minds, to mitigate any blow back from Hurley not going there.

Again, I could be reading into this too much but the logic of the leaks from Pitt's side seem way too calculated.
ly

Reaction Score
I know it's Blauds, but whatever: UConn basketball at a crossroads as bidding war for Hurley escalates

The other problem is money. UConn grew fat and happy with Big East money and success. But the Big East is gone and so is much of the money. According to some media reports, Pittsburgh,, which is also looking for a coach, has dangled a $3 million a year package in front of Hurley. Insiders at UConn say $2.4 million is near the top of where the Huskies can go. That will not be enough to offset a legitimate offer from Pitt. which supposedly has increased the stakes to $3.5 a year

Reaction Score
Sounds like your heart and head are ready to explode.

Meh, i live off of the stuff. Its bad, but its like taking alcohol away from someone who drinks a gallon of vodka a day. If you take my caffeine away I'll die. I've built up a tolerance, so it has little affect on me.. Just keeps the blood flowing through my veins.

Just say no to drugs kids.

Reaction Score
I want to say that I called Hurley to UCONN back when he was leading the Gray Bees of St. Benedict's but I just didn't want to be left out of this historic thread for my children's sake.
God Bless You All

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Since this has turned into one of the most Epic threads in Boneyard History, I believe the mods should edit the title.

There is no way that anything that goes down in BY annals should have the name "Jacobs" in the title. Its wrong. It just is. And that asshat will think the thread length here is a referendum on how smart and great he is.

@temery
@Fishy

no reason to not remove the name "jacobs" out of this title. It provides no thread value. Hell, even the intitial tweet the thread was based on was removed. That's how lousy the guy is.

I dont want to see this guys name every time I click here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom