Some Guy: UConn close to signing Hurley | Page 61 | The Boneyard

Some Guy: UConn close to signing Hurley

Status
Not open for further replies.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Just finished a fantasy baseball draft and there are only six more pages on this thread since I left. More tax talk and CCSU campus proposals?

What'd Alex Cobb go for? I got him for $9 on Sunday hoping he wouldn't get a contract in the AL East...oops

Reaction Score
You guys impress me. I think I left off around page 46 to go for a long run, came back and showered, ate, had two skype calls and sat down again with a beer and...14 more pages. Wow. This is turning into an epic thread...Could it set a record here on BY?

Reaction Score
You have no idea how much you'll be missed. I'm personally shocked that you're actually a St. John's fan. If this doesn't happen, would you still be willing to leave here and never come back? Asking for a friend.

Since u ask so nicely. I will be making cameo appearance here.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
What'd Alex Cobb go for? I got him for $9 on Sunday hoping he wouldn't get a contract in the AL East...oops

Not auction. Snake. But went in the 15th rd. Was still listed as a FA so not sure the guy who took him is even aware he signed haha

Reaction Score
Here. Let me help with the grammar: "Coaches want to win. They don't do that [i.e. win] at Rutgers or BC." Not "They don't want that at Rutgers or BC."

Nobody has ever won anything of substance at any of those schools. Seriously. So either there's something about the school that makes that difficult, or they have pretty much for years on end hired bad coaches.

UConn had regional success for a while, and then in the 1990s won a lot. You should know that. The school showed that it can win big. KO even did that himself for a few years. Then he stopped working hard and he stopped winning. That's on him.

Stop being obtuse.
I was just quoting your post. You did not specify if the coaches didn't want to win or if they didn't win. Many people here seem to like to berate other former rival schools. The problem I have is that they have ultimately succeeded in the current game of college athletics, whether they win or lose on the field or court, it makes no difference to them. UConn's recent poor performance in football and basketball has plummeted UConn's reputation on a national level, and given the situation that UConn finds itself (with conference and money issues), it can easily totally disintegrate unless UConn athletics actually win and keep themselves in the conversation. So, the point I am trying to make is that UConn must win to be relevant, those schools do not have to win to be relevant to themselves or their respective conference.

Reaction Score
Hurley’s agent has another client we know...Randy Edsall.

original.gif

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Not auction. Snake. But went in the 15th rd. Was still listed as a FA so not sure the guy who took him is even aware he signed haha

Here's what I'm rolling with...keeper league where we lock the guys up we wanna keep, the long term deals run through the years listed:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-03-20 at 11.05.38 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-03-20 at 11.05.38 PM.png
    104.2 KB · Views: 93

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Here's what I'm rolling with...keeper league where we lock the guys up we wanna keep, the long term deals run through the years listed:

Arenado and Judge for $25 and $1 are some pretty damn good signings.

Reaction Score
95% of CCSU students are from the Connecticut and over 80% stay in the State after graduation. Actually, CCSU, Southern, Eastern, and Western are just as good for the State as UConn.

But that's not the point. The arrogance on this board is those who think they can buy their way out of previous mistakes. UConn made million dollar mistakes on Coach P, Diaco, and Ollie. That's millions of dollars flushed down the toilet and no accountability!

Yes, the State of Connecticut is overcommitted on State employees - pensions are killing us. And higher taxes are chasing away the goose that laid the golden egg. Just like the coaching buyouts are killing UConn. And the liberal view is to throw more money at the problem, but where is this money coming from?

Most posters here want someone else to pony up the dough - but they aren't paying these bills. UConn's expenses are already heavily subsidized by student fees and institutional support (State funds) - the conference realignment has destroyed UConn's cash flow. The reality is UConn is on a trend to have a budget closer to URI than Pitt in less than 10 years. That is the reality like it or not.

The immaturity of posters attacking a CCSU fans because of the size of our budget is comical, but not surprising.

Agree with u. The retention rate for CCSU graduates r actually over 85% for CT residents. It seems like every one of my daughter's teachers in elementary school are CCSU grads. 1q

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
We got 119 robots online. For a niche message board that's gotta be pretty good right? :D
Hmm, that would explain a lot of the Cesspool posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom