Some Guy: UConn close to signing Hurley | Page 59 | The Boneyard

Some Guy: UConn close to signing Hurley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
URI pulling out all the stops...

RHODE ISLAND LEGENDS‏Verified account @BarstoolRhody
Massive get together in support of bringing Dan Hurley back to URI tomorrow, noon at the Ryan Center? RT if you’d come support.
Desperation. FWIW apparently Fatts Russell made some comments on his Instagram Live feed that would lend you to believe Hurley is gone. He made a comment about having a work out tomorrow morning but no coach to work them out

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I disagree with the premise that the state of Connecticut and it's unniversity have nothing to offer beyond basketball. I'm moderately offended by it. But that wasn't really the point. Which is finances. Connecticut's budgetary issues are very real. Which was nicely expressed by our friend from CCSU.

CT is a basket case. No doubt. Glad I no longer live there. But he was wrong. He referenced the athletics subsidy as if that comes from the CT general fund. It comes from a surcharge/fee paid by each student as I understand it.

Reaction Score
The financial mess in which the state of CT finds itself in keeps popping it's ugly head up here, probably rightfully so.... But.....only about 12% of the coaches salary comes from the University budget, the remainder comes from The Foundation....that doesn't make paying the salary & a potential KO buyout any easier...in reality it's more of a challenge for the folks in The Foundation to be bringing in funds....just a point to throw out there that this likely won't be a major hit on state money that is allocated to UConn...but money is money Iguess....

Reaction Score
Oh we tell our employees to lie when giving out "intel". Oz, Sid Wilson I, Montez Mathis, this.

We're all fools.
that's why I've been nervous since we didn't close the deal yesterday when we got all the media traction

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
It is what it is. Like others have said if he wanted to be here he’d be here unless he wanted to get Pitts offer to see if UConn would come close. If he doesn’t come here then Mack would start the dominoes if he leaves for Ville

Reaction Score
CT is a basket case. No doubt. Glad I no longer live there. But he was wrong. He referenced the athletics subsidy as if that comes from the CT general fund. It comes from a surcharge/fee paid by each student as I understand it.
... a far more diplomatic way of saying NDakotaHusky's Central Connecticut pal was talking out of his zadek

Reaction Score
Its more negative for Pitt right now. Hurley has had a higher comp offer from them for at least a day and has not said yes. If he had it would have leaked out by now.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Anyone have a link to the Pitt board where this insider posts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom