Some Guy: UConn close to signing Hurley | Page 62 | The Boneyard

Some Guy: UConn close to signing Hurley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
If you like that shiny glass kind of look.

Personally I prefer the concrete and aluminum boob style of architecture.
9762437963_e9d0fceb3c_b.jpg
There's something about playing under Patoni tiles that has an allure. Hurley knows this. He HAS(!!!) to know this. Geno and JC must have told him.

#ripenzo

Reaction Score
Hurley is not the best thing since slice bread. He does not deserve anything near 3 million. His team collapsed at the end of the yr. He barely beat Oklahoma and got blown out by Duke. Several knowledgeable posters here have already raise questions about his coaching acumen. He gets it done as an energy guy but there is only so much you can do with that. I don't recall any of Danny Hurley's teams overachieved in the past

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I heard he also might not

Well, my sources tell me he might sign here or with Pitt, or he might stay at URI. They tell me it depends on how money he's offered, and whether he wants to continue to build the URI program.

As you can tell, I'm pretty plugged in.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Here's what I'm rolling with...keeper league where we lock the guys up we wanna keep, the long term deals run through the years listed:

Interesting. We only keep one player, anyone drafted 5th rd or later. I kept JD Martinez from last year.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
FWIW Jeff Jacobs' original tweet that UConn is closing in on hiring Hurley has been deleted.
well he hasn't deleted his RT of his NHR piece from yesterday (the 19th) that said UConn was pushing to get it done...

Reaction Score

I fairly certain you have not donated more than state taxpayers have paid - and the UConn Senate University Budget Committee (SUBC) says as much.
https://senate.uconn.edu/wp-content...Senate-UBC-Report-on-AD-Subsidy-to-Senate.pdf

On the whole the UConn athletic department is now heavily subsidized. If your aren't familiar with public budgeting terminology, in this case "subsidy" means State appropriations to UConn. ANd for the record, this doesn't even account for capital expenditure (like the Gample roof). ;)

- Between 2005 and 2017, expenditures for the AD grew 70% from $47 million to $80 million.
- During this same period, despite numerous high-profile achievements in women’s and men’s basketball, earned revenues increased by less than 10%.
- Fairly stagnant revenues meant that most (83%) of the $33 million increase in the Athletics budget has been subsidized by UConn; an additional $8.3 million comes from mandatory student fees.
- The subsidy has increased by a factor of almost nine from $3.5 million in 2005 to an estimated $31 million in 2017.
- The extent to which the AD budget is subsidized grew from 7.3% in 2005 to 38.6% in 2017.

- Only one of UConn’s sports teams—men’s basketball—receives sufficient direct revenues to cover its costs.
- Despite the outstanding achievements made by the women’s basketball team during the period of analysis, the low revenues for women’s sports compared to men’s, resulted in the team being subsidized.
- UConn’s football team was the team with the largest deficit in absolute dollar terms, requiring a subsidy of $7.5 million for 2014.​
Yeah, maybe you missed it. I don't donate to football and don't really care about UConn football until such time as they can be nationally relevant for more than 5 minutes. I donate to Uconn basketball and, again, MY donations have funded UConn basketball infinitely more than YOUR taxes. Not all of the state of CT's taxes - YOUR taxes. Go do the math. I'll wait.

Reaction Score
The article he wrote is still there: UConn men pushing hard to hire Hurley

He probably took it down because of his later clarification tweet, which contains the original info from the first tweet as well as a second source of info:
Jeff Jacobs‏ @jeffjacobs123 Mar 19
Update: While one source says UConn is close to signing Dan Hurley, a second said the school is pushing hard to complete a deal and Pittsburgh is still in the picture. Hurley is definitely UConn's No. 1 target and there is strong mutual interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom