Some Guy: UConn close to signing Hurley | Page 58 | The Boneyard

Some Guy: UConn close to signing Hurley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Such a bizarre situation. URI fans thinking for the longest time that they’re safe because the quality of life will trump UConn’s money, which we scoff at, and then we’re now turning around and pointing to quality of life as a reason he’ll turn down additional money from Pitt. To be honest I still think he ends up here and this is just his agent earning his commission, but it is kind of interesting to watch.
there's a very good chance all of this is just his agent squeezing out a few more pennies (or in this case, hundreds of thousands of dollars)

Reaction Score
95% of CCSU students are from the Connecticut and over 80% stay in the State after graduation. Actually, CCSU, Southern, Eastern, and Western are just as good for the State as UConn.

But that's not the point. The arrogance on this board is those who think they can buy their way out of previous mistakes. UConn made million dollar mistakes on Coach P, Diaco, and Ollie. That's millions of dollars flushed down the toilet and no accountability!

Yes, the State of Connecticut is overcommitted on State employees - pensions are killing us. And higher taxes are chasing away the goose that laid the golden egg. Just like the coaching buyouts are killing UConn. And the liberal view is to throw more money at the problem, but where is this money coming from?

Most posters here want someone else to pony up the dough - but they aren't paying these bills. UConn's expenses are already heavily subsidized by student fees and institutional support (State funds) - the conference realignment has destroyed UConn's cash flow. The reality is UConn is on a trend to have a budget closer to URI than Pitt in less than 10 years. That is the reality like it or not.

The immaturity of posters attacking a CCSU fans because of the size of our budget is comical, but not surprising.

Well boo-hoo, I'm so sorry your feelings are hurt princess!!

Reaction Score
The calm before the storm.
Vv9JlJw.jpg

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Trying to distract with some good news...in the NIT, MS St. is leading Loserville 39-28 at halftime in the Yum Yum Center, or whatever it's called.

Reaction Score
Do we even know if this guy is credible, though? I’ve never even heard of the guy until all the UConn Twitter heads started RTing him.
No but it won’t stop the optics from being bad

Reaction Score
One poster on the Pitt board is saying that they have already hired a coach (how no one knows is beyond me) and a few others are saying that it's likely that it's not Hurley, and that they jumped to someone else quickly once Hurley chose UConn.
Kevin Willard

Reaction Score
My feelings about the negociation is that if we're in competition with Pitt we try to seal with our best offer. But if he keeps shopping you start shopping as well. Can't be held over a barrel. Been there on 2 contract extensions and it was

Reaction Score
What Dan Hurley should be thinking is whether it will take 2 seasons or 3 to cement himself as the Jay Wright of the damn AAC. That's it. Unlike football, I don't think basketball players care too much about conference, just coaching, facilities and playing time.

Bingo, There's no pecking order in the AAC , he could be coach K's caddy or the Godfather of the AAC.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Do we even know if this guy is credible, though? I’ve never even heard of the guy until all the UConn Twitter heads started RTing him.

Who cares? He's been a constant source of Husky sunshine, lollipops and rainbows!

Reaction Score
that is the worst case scenario if Hurley doesn't sign here before Pitt signs Willard
Pitt insider said that Pitt and Miller were working on contract details over the weekend. Could be bologna, but who knows

Reaction Score
If the rumor that we will have an announcement tomorrow early afternoon is true, then at some point this evening the decision will be clear to both schools. Flying into Pitt for a press conference means he needs to be mobile in the morning. Anyone with recent inside info ( good or bad )? I will not be able to sleep tonight, regardless.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Here's hoping that UConn (Hurley) and Pitt (Miller) both announce their coaching hires tomorrow.

Hopefully Pitt a few hours earlier. Can probably save .5mil per if the competition drops out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom