Some Guy: UConn close to signing Hurley | Page 56 | The Boneyard

Some Guy: UConn close to signing Hurley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Anyone else feeling a bit numb? If we get Hurley, great. If he takes $3.x million per for 7 years at Pitt, good luck to him but it could be an albatross for Pitt. Of course, we still have to find someone solid which could be a worry, but I’m kind of done with the Hurley stuff. I hope we get him, but he’s not a sure bet.

A bit numb? With that pic above?

Reaction Score
Despite what people think, UConn is still a destination job.

There are not too many programs with our rich tradition and history.

At Pitt, he's just another coach, at UConn he's part of a legacy.

There's not a coach in the world that would not want to be associated with the excellence that Calhoun started.

Pitt can pay him all the money they want and it's still just Pitt and he'll eventually leave for a better job.

UConn is a destination not just another coaching job.

I think he picks UConn. It's a no brainier.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
So this is what we are doing now? Smh.

Elizabeth Hurley still fine, but don't think I didn't notice the AOD hovering. Only a matter of time until....

b6h2G1ga.jpeg

Reaction Score
I feel like if he ends up picking Pitt we were pursuing the wrong guy all along...
I wouldn’t say that. I wouldnt criticize anyone for taking 3.5 million dollars if the next best offer wasn’t within 1 million dollars of that

BaZZnBOAT

ONIONS!
Reaction Score
I’m just terrified of another week of this coaching search stuff. It needs to end tomorrow lol. The boneyard may not make it haha

I’ve heard that a few times, yet here we are.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
We’re like the guy at the poker table taking off his watch, rings and pink slips to try and match the pot. Screw it give him the cows.. name an ice cream flavor after him. Give him the pavilion. This is madness where does it end.lol

"The Hurley Dairy Bar at The University of Connecticut".

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Despite what people think, UConn is still a destination job.

There are not too many programs with our rich tradition and history.

At Pitt, he's just another coach, at UConn he's part of a legacy.

There's not a coach in the world that would not want to be associated with the excellence that Calhoun started.

Pitt can pay him all the money they want and it's still just Pitt and he'll eventually leave for a better job.

UConn is a destination not just another coaching job.

I think he picks UConn. It's a no brainier.

And Hurley brings his own remarkable family coaching legacy to the table to further enrich the story which combined with our story will be quite powerful. The choice is obvious unless you'd rather just have the money.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Our posters penchant for high anxiety and fear of failure/ desperation is sad.
People comparing a year + of courting Diallo, constant visits and recruiting his best friend to 2 or 3 days trying to sign a coach?
We need something more than PTSD to explain the trauma here.

Reaction Score
People comparing a year + of courting Diallo, constant visits and recruiting his best friend to 2 or 3 days trying to sign a coach?
I disagree. A coach has a far greater impact.

Reaction Score
For me it's a combination of Post Diaco Stress Disorder and Post Pasqualoni Stress Disorder. It's just a coincidence that PTSD, PDSD and PPSD sound phonetically similar, right?

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
While I think he was the best “fit” as a candidate, because he is from the region, can recruit here and is likely to stay at UConn if he comes, he’s not head and shoulders above the other candidates like Oats as a straight basketball coach. So if it’s $1m more a year for Hurley...pass.

I don’t get the sense that he’s all about the money. I think he wants to go to the right place and I doubt that’s Pitt. If he goes to Pitt it’s a pure money issue.

If the quality of life stuff with his family really means anything, being landlocked in western PA vs. staying close to everything they like about RI makes UCONN the no brainer choice.

Reaction Score
I was in my last year of grad school and skipped three whole days of classes and had ESPN news burned into my eyes.

Twitter would have ceased to exist.

Someone on this board had info on that trade that would make your head explode.

Let’s say this. If 10 people in the world knew of that deal, this guys friend was one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom