Sid Wilson Commits to UConn | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Sid Wilson Commits to UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I was thinking DHam with better hops and not quite a developed outside game, but that works too.

I've seen him in person several times and the Hamilton comparison you make is pretty spot on. Hamilton rebounded defensively better than Wilson even though Wilson is more athletic. Hamilton took the ball end to end more frequently than Wilson will. Hamilton got a lot of assists with his tosses to Brimah, I haven't noticed assists from Sid. Both have the same body types, and both could make an outside shot, but not at a high percent. Wilson pulls up for 12' to 15' shots and is very effective. Wilson is also fast and intense on defense. He deflects balls, would be very disruptive in pressure defenses, and is quicker than Hamilton in man to man matchups. At 6'7 he plays more like a 2 guard or quick-3 like Jeremy Lamb, but he just doesn't have that deft stroke. In my mind Sid Wilson will be very effective contributor to a 'team' where he can play off of and compliment an 'alpha dog' player. In terms of overall game and how he plays, I really don't see Daniels as comparable player to Wilson at all. Wilson is a swing player with more backcourt game rather than frontcourt. What a breath of fresh air.

Reaction Score
St. John’s believes there was tampering of some sort with Wilson when he was on scholarship, but doesn’t plan to investigate it.

http://nypost.com/2017/09/02/st-johns-star-recruit-in-change-of-heart-transfers-to-uconn/
Haven't heard anything like this at all, and in fact Ollie spoke out about this subject when Vance Jackson transferred.

If there was someone I'd expect to hear this about, it would be Montez Mathis.

This board is usually too harsh on writers, but Braziller is a hack.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If Braziller had anything at all, why would he guess Sid is going to Texas? He's a little twerp. He knows nothing.

Braziller is a bitter little SJU fanboy. I reminded him yesterday about when he trashed us when Sid picked SJU. His responses were basically still about how UConn is in trouble, we lost Mathis to RU, etc...and said SJU and UConn will basically be the same this year record wise, lol

Reaction Score
I've seen him in person several times and the Hamilton comparison you make is pretty spot on. Hamilton rebounded defensively better than Wilson even though Wilson is more athletic. Hamilton took the ball end to end more frequently than Wilson will. Hamilton got a lot of assists with his tosses to Brimah, I haven't noticed assists from Sid. Both have the same body types, and both could make an outside shot, but not at a high percent. Wilson pulls up for 12' to 15' shots and is very effective. Wilson is also fast and intense on defense. He deflects balls, would be very disruptive in pressure defenses, and is quicker than Hamilton in man to man matchups. At 6'7 he plays more like a 2 guard or quick-3 like Jeremy Lamb, but he just doesn't have that deft stroke. In my mind Sid Wilson will be very effective contributor to a 'team' where he can play off of and compliment an 'alpha dog' player. In terms of overall game and how he plays, I really don't see Daniels as comparable player to Wilson at all. Wilson is a swing player with more backcourt game rather than frontcourt. What a breath of fresh air.

I see some Rudy Johnson in his game. An athletic, intangibles guy who will do whatever the team needs to win. Great get for KO and staff.

Reaction Score

What you describe and compare sounds as though sid is nothing like Dham. Probably because sid ISNT anything like dham.

Just because they have similar bodies doesnt mean theyre similar players.

Dham was a fairly unathletic point forward who racked up assists. He couldnt shoot but was a great facilitator. Awful defender.

Sid is a quick, athletic slashing three. Solid defense. Will not be a point-anything. Not a great shooter, but that is easier to improve than anything with a year off. Much more like larrier

Repeat: will not have a role anything like hamilton

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Braziller is a bitter little SJU fanboy. I reminded him yesterday about when he trashed us when Sid picked SJU. His responses were basically still about how UConn is in trouble, we lost Mathis to RU, etc...and said SJU and UConn will basically be the same this year record wise, lol
I blocked him and Ehalt both a while ago, got tired of the SJU and UConn arguments from someone who is clearly not a UConn fan

C

Chief00

Yes it is. But I don't mind it. I embraced JC's willingness to muck it up. I will embrace KO's.

It's the only way to stay on a level playing field in a sport full of shady.

You can maintain your plausible deniability but I don't have to.

I get it. For me, cheating is the wrong word, hence I had to respond. Recruiting is a tough business or something like that or we need to fight fire with fire.

Reaction Score
I saw him play live at hoophall and just watch his game against Tilton on youtube. He is a top notch defender who can guard the 1 to 4. He is a great athlete and a very quick leaper. His hands are excellent and the forms on his jumper is good. The issue is that his offensive game is limited right now. Most of his basketballs were pass from guards for dunk or layups and put back on rebounds. His handle is a little too loose and he did not beat anyone off the dribble. His outside shot and free throw is very questionable. He is also thin as a rail so some of his game will not translate when he moves into college. I am almost hoping for a red-shirt so can put on some muscle, work on his dribble and jumper. Overall, a very good pick-up. Higher ceiling then Hamilton or Daniels due to length, athleticism and energy. His deficiency is correctable with hardwork. Remember, his stock skyrocketed after one yr at Brewster. He could make a similar jump this red-shirt year

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I get it. For me, cheating is the wrong word, hence I had to respond. Recruiting is a tough business or something like that or we need to fight fire with fire.
we have no idea what happened... what we do know is when he chose St. Johns he wasn't happy at all and it probably grew on him so he had to end it

Reaction Score
I saw him play live at hoophall and just watch his game against Tilton on youtube. He is a top notch defender who can guard the 1 to 4. He is a great athlete and a very quick leaper. His hands are excellent and the forms on his jumper is good. The issue is that his offensive game is limited right now. Most of his basketballs were pass from guards for dunk or layups and put back on rebounds. His handle is a little too loose and he did not beat anyone off the dribble. His outside shot and free throw is very questionable. He is also thin as a rail so some of his game will not translate when he moves into college. I am almost hoping for a red-shirt so can put on some muscle, work on his dribble and jumper. Overall, a very good pick-up. Higher ceiling then Hamilton or Daniels due to length, athleticism and energy. His deficiency is correctable with hardwork. Remember, his stock skyrocketed after one yr at Brewster. He could make a similar jump this red-shirt year

I saw him at Hoophall this past year before I had ever heard of him. I had just gone to watch MAL as he was still signed at the time, but came away thinking we should try to recruit Sid. What stuck out to me was how wiry and athletic he was - just watching his warmup dunks, his athleticism was on another level from every other kid on the court. At the time he didn't blow me away with his play or anything, but this kid has the athletic ability and potential to be a star.

Reaction Score
If Braziller had anything at all, why would he guess Sid is going to Texas? He's a little twerp. He knows nothing.

He did not say he is going to Texas. He said guess. Some times you guys are foolish and jump all over the smallest tidbit

Reaction Score
He did not say he is going to Texas. He said guess. Some times you guys are foolish and jump all over the smallest tidbit

Yeah but Braziller deserves it.

Reaction Score
What you describe and compare sounds as though sid is nothing like Dham. Probably because sid ISNT anything like dham.

Just because they have similar bodies doesnt mean theyre similar players.

Dham was a fairly unathletic point forward who racked up assists. He couldnt shoot but was a great facilitator. Awful defender.

Sid is a quick, athletic slashing three. Solid defense. Will not be a point-anything. Not a great shooter, but that is easier to improve than anything with a year off. Much more like larrier

Repeat: will not have a role anything like hamilton

I agree. I don't see Hamilton at all. I get more of a roscoe smith vibe with more handle.

Reaction Score
I agree. I don't see Hamilton at all. I get more of a roscoe smith vibe with more handle.

Roscoe is probably the best uconn player comp. Reality is sid likely wont be able to handle much at all in d1 ball. If he can bulk up he could be a force as a small 4.

If he gets a handle and more consistent shot in his off year, hes nba bound

Reaction Score
Welcome Sid Viscous!

He's gonna fill in perfectly for Larrier in 2018. But I really hope he's eligible for 2017, we could really use a pure backup three.
Agreed, we could actually turn out to be pretty damn good this year if Jalen makes any sort of jump like Kemba and Bazz did in their final years but we need all hands on deck. We don't really have anything to back up Larrier right now.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
When should we know if he gets the waiver?

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Topnotch defender against 1-4! Wow. If he can be that D1 or even against 1-3 that would be great in itself. A golden handcuffs guy with the potential to develop his offense, highly athletic and a good motor. That's a real Uconn fit. Nice job by the staff.
Welcome Sid!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunny