Sid Wilson Commits to UConn | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Sid Wilson Commits to UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
"He never really attended really (sic, real?) classes [at St, John's], just a couple of workouts," Wilson Sr. said, "so I think there's a great chance for a waiver. But we're ready to go either way, we're committed to UConn."

Sidney Wilson, A 6-7 Wing, Coming To UConn

Confusing.

My attention was drawn to this in the article:

"The legacy, the tradition at UConn, and just the way they treat players after they leave. Coach [Kevin] Ollie is different, even the way he approached my family."

Reaction Score

"The legacy, the tradition at UConn, and just the way they treat players after they leave. Coach [Kevin] Ollie is different, even the way he approached my family."
Which begs the question.... HOW DID HE END UP AT ST JOHNS??

Really happy he came back in the end, regardless of whether he plays this year or not.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score

C

Chief00

I seriously love to see everybody excited and celebrating together again. This is the boneyard many of us love. Let hope those dark days of UConn basketball are over. Let's Go Shock The World!!!
Agree - KO and staff went a different direction a week ago - fight fire with fire. Show the parents and kids love and all of that stuff - but we had to finally confront the negative recruiting and fight back.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Kids going to an environment that makes him happy and now dad understands, and he is happy too as you can read. It's too bad the summer classes were taken I believe they will be the main reason the waiver may not be approved.

No matter I bet Sid is happy to have that weight off his shoulders and knows dad is happy. Should help a ton no matter what happens and his career at Storrs has begun as he had hoped months ago. Welcome aboard Sid.

Last edited:
C

Chief00

In other words, they either have no proof or recognize the consequences of throwing a rock at a glass house.
You mean then SJU would have to explain the classes Sid was going to? I will leave the description of those classes to Sid's father.

The stuff people have thrown at us the last couple of years. There were people around Sid unaffiliated with UConn, who were involved in his recruiting process the first go around - that may have given him guidance since he was unhappy.
Mullins is a big boy - he's not complaining publicly. Recruiting is a tough business. We are merely fighting back now.

Reaction Score
You mean then SJU would have to explain the classes Sid was going to? I will leave the description of those classes to Sid's father.

The stuff people have thrown at us the last couple of years. There were people around Sid unaffiliated with UConn, who were involved in his recruiting process the first go around - that may have given him guidance since he was unhappy.
Mullins is a big boy - he's not complaining publicly. Recruiting is a tough business. We are merely fighting back now.

And while it would seem some is on KO there is ample proof it's time to fight back those who recruit negatively, guessing with a guy with the character of KO this is not easy. Yet he knows when it's time to take the gloves off.

Reaction Score
Again, UConn did not get their player immediately. This is the Rodney, Terry and now Sid Wilson story. Let's use these three to try to prevent losses like this in the future. Record them talking about how the wanted UConn, the feelings that lead them elsewhere and why they decided to transfer to UConn. Record them talking about how hard it is to sit for a year.

Meanwhile, I this as evidence that the staff is doing the work, the relationships are being built and the trust being earned. That is why they eventually came to Storrs.

Don't brag that you banged the supermodel on Wednesday night. If you were really attractive you would have had her on a Friday or Saturday.

Seriously, leave us alone.

Reaction Score

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Just to be clear, quite frankly, thats not a recap of what I said.

Yes it is. But I don't mind it. I embraced JC's willingness to muck it up. I will embrace KO's.

It's the only way to stay on a level playing field in a sport full of shady.

You can maintain your plausible deniability but I don't have to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom