Sid Wilson Commits to UConn | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Sid Wilson Commits to UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What you describe and compare sounds as though sid is nothing like Dham. Probably because sid ISNT anything like dham.
Have to 100% agree, just from the clips. Far more athletic, explosive, great hops.
What Dham had was mostly based on great court awareness. That led to assists (knowing where teammates are) and rebounds (knowing where the ball is going). Beyond that, he wasn't particularly athletic, not particularly great hops, not a particularly great shooter, and did not appear to be a great leader. I remember always thinking with him that he kept getting a good look from seven feet and throwing up 6 footers, if could just get that one shot to fall, he would have been nasty.
That written, I loved the kid and was very happy to have him and will always support him and wish him the best.

Reaction Score
Have to 100% agree, just from the clips. Far more athletic, explosive, great hops.
What Dham had was mostly based on great court awareness. That led to assists (knowing where teammates are) and rebounds (knowing where the ball is going). Beyond that, he wasn't particularly athletic, not particularly great hops, not a particularly great shooter, and did not appear to be a great leader. I remember always thinking with him that he kept getting a good look from seven feet and throwing up 6 footers, if could just get that one shot to fall, he would have been nasty.
That written, I loved the kid and was very happy to have him and will always support him and wish him the best.

Here is a glimpse of the explosiveness mentioned. Don't recall seeing much of this from DHam:

Have to love the "uh oh, hammer time..." lol

Reaction Score
Roscoe is probably the best uconn player comp. Reality is sid likely wont be able to handle much at all in d1 ball. If he can bulk up he could be a force as a small 4.

If he gets a handle and more consistent shot in his off year, hes nba bound

Reminds me more of a slightly taller version of Jeremy Lamb...similar build and athleticism.

Reaction Score
I blocked him and Ehalt both a while ago, got tired of the SJU and UConn arguments from someone who is clearly not a UConn fan
At least Ehalt defends us, whether he's a fan or not.

zepfan

I'll make it.
Reaction Score
Love the nickname "Sid Vicious." Hope it sticks. The best UConn players are gritty gamers who don't back down. This nickname alone could set the tone. He just needs to put a large safety pin through his cheek! Of course he can only "wear" this at practice because the refs will make him take it out during games. :) :) But the legend will spread nonetheless.

Reaction Score
Reminds me more of a slightly taller version of Jeremy Lamb...similar build and athleticism.

Jeremy waa a much better shooter and played 2. Same body but way different skills. Sid is basically a 4 right. I hope he ends up as good as jeremy!

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I seriously love to see everybody excited and celebrating together again. This is the boneyard many of us love. Let hope those dark days of UConn basketball are over. Let's Go Shock The World!!!

Not to poo poo, but it's one recruit. Let's slow our roll, enjoy it, and hope for more. These swings from one end of the joy spectrum to the other are bipolar.

I'm cautiously enthusiastic about the product we're putting on the court this year. That's a good place to start.

Reaction Score
He did not say he is going to Texas. He said guess. Some times you guys are foolish and jump all over the smallest tidbit
Braziller said in his article it was a formality that he was going to UConn once he announced his transfer, if that was the case Braziller would have never guessed Texas just 3 days ago.

Reaction Score
Not to poo poo, but it's one recruit. Let's slow our roll, enjoy it, and hope for more. These swings from one end of the joy spectrum to the other are bipolar.

I'm cautiously enthusiastic about the product we're putting on the court this year. That's a good place to start.
Next years team could be more athletic and much better in the open court. The 2 big question marks are still rebounding and scoring.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Next years team could be more athletic and much better in the open court. The 2 big question marks are still rebounding and scoring.

Next year as in 2018? Or 2017? 2017 I'm not all that worried about scoring. Outside shooting yes. But we got guys who'll be able to fill it up. Rebounding and pretty much all other post duties are the biggie though.

C

Chief00

we have no idea what happened... what we do know is when he chose St. Johns he wasn't happy at all and it probably grew on him so he had to end it
My friend be careful using "we" because you might not know what everyone in the "we" group knows.

C

Chief00

If you don't rebound you don't get into the open court.

I think we have some live bodies now that can and want to attack the boards. I am not so sold on our scoring/shooting, especially after this year, if Larrier and Adams leave.

Reaction Score
My friend be careful using "we" because you might not know what everyone in the "we" group knows.
Ah, because of course Chief knew everything all along, didn't you?? You are hilarious.

Reaction Score
Husky429, Posters want to look at mix tapes and hear about a recruit's play to gain some expectations about that player. All the dunks in Sid's mixtape and the fact that he is 6'7 gave one poster, (Coach J), the view he was a thicker Deandre Daniels type player. In fact he is even skinnier I think. A second poster, (noeynox), responded to the Daniels comparison saying he had viewed Sid more as a Daniel Hamilton type with more athleticism and a less polished outside game. I agreed with the second poster that Sid is more like Daniel Hamilton, but I elaborated numerous differences, so I clearly did not imply that they are the same player. I swore to myself I wasn't going to get drawn into a dialogue about this, but he is absolutely not a 4, and plays nothing like Roscoe Smith. You could attend multiple games where he scored 15-20 pts and not see any dunks in traffic like are in the mixtape. What you will see is a poor man's Hamidou Diallo in that he makes things happen offensively and defensively with quickness, and athleticism, yet has a bit better mid range shooting. As a 'slasher', he gets to the line often like Diallo, and misses a lot of foul shots but probably less misses than Diallo. Whenever I saw Wilson he was playing from the backcourt, and wings, not underneath as a 4. He's like 175lbs. AND, I'm not saying he is Diallo. I'm just trying to give people an image as to how I have seen him play and people can take it for what it is worth. If you have seen him enough to disagree that is fine, I'll concede to your opinion.

Reaction Score
Husky429, Posters want to look at mix tapes and hear about a recruit's play to gain some expectations about that player. All the dunks in Sid's mixtape and the fact that he is 6'7 gave one poster, (Coach J), the view he was a thicker Deandre Daniels type player. In fact he is even skinnier I think. A second poster, (noeynox), responded to the Daniels comparison saying he had viewed Sid more as a Daniel Hamilton type with more athleticism and a less polished outside game. I agreed with the second poster that Sid is more like Daniel Hamilton, but I elaborated numerous differences, so I clearly did not imply that they are the same player. I swore to myself I wasn't going to get drawn into a dialogue about this, but he is absolutely not a 4, and plays nothing like Roscoe Smith. You could attend multiple games where he scored 15-20 pts and not see any dunks in traffic like are in the mixtape. What you will see is a poor man's Hamidou Diallo in that he makes things happen offensively and defensively with quickness, and athleticism, yet has a bit better mid range shooting. As a 'slasher', he gets to the line often like Diallo, and misses a lot of foul shots but probably less misses than Diallo. Whenever I saw Wilson he was playing from the backcourt, and wings, not underneath as a 4. He's like 175lbs. AND, I'm not saying he is Diallo. I'm just trying to give people an image as to how I have seen him play and people can take it for what it is worth. If you have seen him enough to disagree that is fine, I'll concede to your opinion.

The game has changed 4's don't play underneath. He's a 3/4. Could play alongside Larrier giving u two versatile forwards.

pj

Reaction Score
The game has changed 4's don't play underneath. He's a 3/4. Could play alongside Larrier giving u two versatile forwards.

He has to get stronger in the strength room and more skilled on the perimeter. He'll work into a spot on the team. The good thing is he's athletic and can defend so he'll be on the floor somewhere.

Reaction Score
Not to beat a dead point. Stix Robinson is the one whose game Sid is most comparable to. He is not as big or strong but a better ball handler and has similar shooting from the outside. His game improve immensely from his Junior to Senior yr when he had the facilities and less distraction at Brewster. I expect/hope for a similar leap at UCONN. Like an earlier poster said, if he can get a J and handle better. He's a first rounder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom