SG D'Marcus Simonds (Georgia State Commit) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

SG D'Marcus Simonds (Georgia State Commit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He has? I thought he was supposed to plan a trip to UConn, Florida, and Texas in August?
That was my understanding
The Florida trip was supposed to be a second one. His team attended a camp or something on campus and he visited then. The UConn and Texas trips were firsts.

Reaction Score
I don't wish him any ill will but I have to confess - I don't care. Summer or not.

Reaction Score
I'm wary of kids who commit this early. Just seems like he'll end up decommitting somewhere down the line like Ali did

Reaction Score
@AllMetroDrew: 2016 4* Atlanta Celtics G D'Marcus Simonds (@TwoSpicee) will announce his college decision Monday. Finalists are UConn, Miss. St, & Florida

Reaction Score
D'Marcus Simonds @TwoSpicee · 5h
I've decided to delay my commitment

Shortly after being offered by Florida, Simonds said he would announce his college decision, at first on Saturday then moved it to Monday (tomorrow). Was looking like a shoe-in for Florida, now he delays indefinitely. This can only be good news for UConn's chances at landing the fast-rising 2016 SG and former teammate of Rock Lubin, right?

Reaction Score
D'Marcus Simonds @TwoSpicee · 5h
I've decided to delay my commitment

Shortly after being offered by Florida, Simonds said he would announce his college decision, at first on Saturday then moved it to Monday (tomorrow). Was looking like a shoe-in for Florida, now he delays indefinitely. This can only be good news for UConn's chances at landing the fast-rising 2016 SG and former teammate of Rock Lubin, right?
hes going to florida

Reaction Score
The talk I am hearing is that he is fishing for a better/bigger offer

Reaction Score
What does that even mean? 5 of the last 11 national championships have been won by Connecticut and Florida.....
3>2. just sayin. that may not seem like a lot but its the difference between hall of fame and legendary.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
This is not my opinion. . This is what I heard...

He still wants to know exactly what that signifies.

I guess that means UK? UNC/Duke/Kansas? Are we in that second group yet recruiting-wise? Are we higher on the list than FL?

Reaction Score
He still wants to know exactly what that signifies.

I guess that means UK? UNC/Duke/Kansas? Are we in that second group yet recruiting-wise? Are we higher on the list than FL?

No but he's a kid who believes Cal is King…..they don't get out at that age and ca't see through the obvious and what's even funnier they're coaches and camps aren't any brighter!

Reaction Score
I thought he might have watched the Peach Jam yesterday and realized that he may not be getting playing time with Kevaughn Allen being ahead of him - I think that's his name..kid looked pretty good. From what I've heard, we aren't all in on Simonds, but the longer he waits the better, especially if Rock gives glowing reviews of his experience in Storrs.

Reaction Score
If he is looking for something better then having two of his final three teams in last years FF then the kid is smoking too much dope.
FLA is a great program- UCONN is a great program. If he wants to go to One and Done U I have to believe we do not want him anyway. We have MN and DS as our pie in the sky one and done targets for this class- that's plenty.

However if he has decided that we can develop talent better then FLA and he has a better chance at being a great NBA prospect coming to UCONN then I applaud the kids intelligence and foresight.

Reaction Score
Don't expect the decision to be delayed much. A few days to a week from what I've been told.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
No but he's a kid who believes Cal is King…..they don't get out at that age and ca't see through the obvious and what's even funnier they're coaches and camps aren't any brighter!

Not for nothing, but going to UK = massive national exposure. That's what a lot of kids (and their handlers) want.

Reaction Score
Not for nothing, but going to UK = massive national exposure. That's what a lot of kids (and their handlers) want.

Exactly I agree…….but isn't getting a lot better and winning NC's pretty important too? I mean they win but ultimately they don't as much as they should. Poythress would go in a different direction I bet if given the chance and I'm guessing he's not the only one. Recruiting over you becomes every day……..what have you done for me lately or where is the better player and at what HS or prep?

Reaction Score
I want him to pick UCONN, but when a kid says his dream school offers that means its pretty much done, he probably wants to see Florida's athletic facility's and campus before making it official

Reaction Score
I want him to pick UCONN, but when a kid says his dream school offers that means its pretty much done, he probably wants to see Florida's athletic facility's and campus before making it official

"Dream school" is a tricky term. We currently have one commit called us his "dream school" (Jalen Adams), one recommit who called us his "dream school" (Prince Ali, not sure about Turtle), and are after Enoch who also views UConn as his "dream school". Enoch may be a little different considering he's actually at CT kid whereas Prince is NY/FL and Jalen is MA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom