Season Ticket count | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Season Ticket count

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I think they're great seats. I prefer sitting upper deck so you can see the play develop. Football is one of those sports where sitting close to the field isn't that great. You can't see what's happening when you're too close. When I get my season tix again I'll be going Top of the Rent for sure. Used to have tix up there and look forward to returning.

I agree. I have no idea why people are obsessed with sitting closer. Where the students sit is especially terrible.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I think they're great seats. I prefer sitting upper deck so you can see the play develop. Football is one of those sports where sitting close to the field isn't that great. You can't see what's happening when you're too close. When I get my season tix again I'll be going Top of the Rent for sure. Used to have tix up there and look forward to returning.

Just ordered 8 tickets tonight for Top of The Rent. Section 206 to be precise.

I've gone 4 years student, 1 year young alumni, and this is my 3rd year with Top of The Rent.

Top of The Rent is an amazing deal. Seriously. $21 for a UConn football game? Can't beat it.

I would like to get a little closer to the field and if it was solely up to me I would, but can't get the whole group to commit to the extra dough! That being said, there is not a bad seat in the house and being up top you can really see the plays develop.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I agree. I have no idea why people are obsessed with sitting closer. Where the students sit is especially terrible.

I had season tix for two years in the opposite end zone underneath the scoreboard. It was nice being close to the field and all but I could see a darn thing on the opposite side of the field. The only cool thing was being able to easily rush the field when we beat USF and DJ Hernandez threw the football right over our section on it's way outside of the stadium in the OT win over Pitt. However, if given the choice, I'll take upper level seats any day.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Something weird caused the above to xmit before I was finished,so, I'll try again.

It's not the price. It's not game times. It's not cup cakes on the schedule. It's the Product! It's the Product! It's the Product! Here, in the northeast, where there is incredible competition for the entertainment dollar, the entertainment product has to stand out.

And it is "entertainment," unless, of course, you are one of the fanatics that contribute to the "boneyard." For those, it's life and death. To compete with other forms of entertainment, both sports and otherwise, UCONN will have to provide and promote a competitive product. Games have to become events. It starts with winning, but includes more.

Now, before you answer with a "we don't need band wagon jumper fans;" the answer is: you most assuredly do. Some of those bandwagon fans will become fanatical fans if the product is good and the game experience is better.

But, make no mistake. It's the product, and the product can't be evaluated through a boneyarder's prism.
Every year I set up a tailgate for one game with my Boston-area friends. They always have a blast. A few are casual UConn fans, a few don't really follow college football, some are fans of other teams (one year we had a brother of a Pitt player attend). Much of that is the tailgate, but they enjoy the game and the overall experience and it really doesn't matter what team we're playing. Our football team has won 8 or more games 4 of the past 5 seasons. We came off a BE championship in 2010 and still had lackluster ticket sales in 2011. What part of competitive product am I missing? I really think that UConn's/CT's issue is related to spoiled fans who expect to watch a top ten product because they see national championships in mens/womens bball and they see the Yankees/Red Sox/Giants/Pats/Celticts make the playoffs almost every year.

Reaction Score
IMHO, I believe all we are missing is the "Dream Season", the one that sparks the entire State. I truly believed that, after the Papa John's Bowl that the 2010 season would be it. We needed to start with a big win at Michigan. We all know how that turned out. And then we squeeked into the Fiesta where we became the center of attention as to why the BCS needed to end. Then we got Blown Out which only proved out critics right...then we lost our coach. Not exactly a "Dream Season".

If we had beaten Michigan and avoided a troubling loss to Temple, we would have become media darlings and who knows where we would have gone from there?

I just hope "DanO part 2" emerges. If he does, this could be the year.

Reaction Score
I really think that UConn's/CT's issue is related to spoiled fans who expect to watch a top ten product because they see national championships in mens/womens bball and they see the Yankees/Red Sox/Giants/Pats/Celticts make the playoffs almost every year.

This.

Reaction Score
Hopefully a successful marketing strategy. More likely the panic button has been pressed.

A well done, separate piece of promotion. It will probably create interest and generate some number of buyers.

Seemingly, however, it only went to people whose prior connection to UCONN put them on a mailing or Email list. I'd love to see it, in 18"X24" (or bigger) at both ends of every metro-north car that goes from New Haven to New York and back. And, at various places in Grand Central Station. And, in subway cars, and anywhere else where people from CT and, even, Westchester County are captive. It is my hope that the "mailer" is part of an integrated program that promotes UCONN football and that it is tied to a larger promotion generated by the conference.

What are the chances?

Reaction Score
Every year I set up a tailgate for one game with my Boston-area friends. They always have a blast. A few are casual UConn fans, a few don't really follow college football, some are fans of other teams (one year we had a brother of a Pitt player attend). Much of that is the tailgate, but they enjoy the game and the overall experience and it really doesn't matter what team we're playing. Our football team has won 8 or more games 4 of the past 5 seasons. We came off a BE championship in 2010 and still had lackluster ticket sales in 2011. What part of competitive product am I missing? I really think that UConn's/CT's issue is related to spoiled fans who expect to watch a top ten product because they see national championships in mens/womens bball and they see the Yankees/Red Sox/Giants/Pats/Celticts make the playoffs almost every year.

Everything you say is true. However what it means is that UCONN, if it wants to draw the next level fans to its games, has to do something better. I'm a fan too. I think that UCONN's progression as a program has been remarkable. But we are fans. Our thresholds and expectations are lower. It's good enough for us, for now at least, but not good enough to make casual fans into people that buy tickets. The reality is that something has to happen to grab perceptual hearts and minds. UCONN's competition and the comparisons to successful teams put it in a tough environment. UCONN is not trying to take fans away from Tractor Pulls and State Fairs.

Reaction Score
I'm staying in 241 even though I could move down closer. Like the view I have from the front of the section.

Watching the tailgating I still contend that people that complain about the ticket prices spend 2x at a minimum on tailgating and booze inside.

For people that can't afford season tickets I get it. For everyone else, suck it up and support the program.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
For everyone else, suck it up and support the program.

That's not the right attitude. People should go to games because it's fun, not out of a sense of obligation.

Reaction Score
In today's Courant sports page there's an article about the new Webster Bank commitment to UConn athletics. This gem was interesting: "They're very interested in helping to fill the football stadium" said Rex Hough, VP of IMG College, the firm that represents UConn's media rights & athletic sponsorships. 'You will ticket programs & other community activities.' Rentschler Field in East Hartford holds 40,000."
Is Webster going to gobble up the unsold tix to assure sellouts & then distribute them to the community at large? Last week the local branch was selling tickets to "Webster Night at New Britain Stadium" for the Rock Cats game. The article also mentioned that Webster will be sponsoring Homecoming & Alumni Weekends.

Reaction Score
That's not the right attitude. People should go to games because it's fun, not out of a sense of obligation.

For the casual fan that isn't going to go to half the games anyway, 100% right.

For those that spend their time on this board and go to all of the games anyway my point stands. Just my opinion. I do feel a sense of obligation to my school. That's one of the differences between college and pro sports. More of a two way street. I'm not going to condemn people that don't buy season tickets but I think people that are emotionally invested in UCONN football should support the program and I think buying season tickets goes along with that.

Reaction Score

For those that spend their time on this board and go to all of the games anyway my point stands. Just my opinion. I do feel a sense of obligation to my school. That's one of the differences between college and pro sports. More of a two way street. I'm not going to condemn people that don't buy season tickets but I think people that are emotionally invested in UCONN football should support the program and I think buying season tickets goes along with that.

I'm with you on this. I could have easily gone to every game and spent less than a hundred bucks total, but I choose to support the school financially and bought season tix in the upper chairs and the donation that goes along with it.

Reaction Score

Watching the tailgating I still contend that people that complain about the ticket prices spend 2x at a minimum on tailgating and booze inside.

That is so right. I don't buy concessions once in the stadium, but my tailgates often cost more than the face amount of my tickets.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score

Yeah, I see what you were saying and I agree. The self-proclaimed big fans ought to step-up.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Don't see how start times can be a legitimate excuse this year. We have 4 of 6. Temple screams noon, and that just leaves Cincinnati - which if played at any time but noon would mean you probably are going to want to be there.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
the last few days i have seen a ton of posts with kids and others saying they just bought. were in the 20s. safe to say but where is the question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom