Season Ticket count | The Boneyard

Season Ticket count

Status
Not open for further replies.

pj

Reaction Score
How does that compare to prior years?

Reaction Score
UMASS and NC State have the potential for huge walk up crowds if the weather is nice. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if UMASS fans help sellout that game if there is good weather. Win those games and people will be excited about the season and tickets will sell.

I think people have gotten wise to the fact that you can buy tickets the week of the game which allows someone to stay home if the weather is bad and allows you to avoid buying tickets for the dreaded Buffalo game. Even though Buffalo has a better product then in the past, that game still has zero appeal.

Reaction Score
FB season can't happen fast enough. This offseason has been one demoralizing story after another.

Reaction Score
Ouch

I better get better seats this year!
I like section 103, But truth be told, I wish that they return me to the last row of that section as I was the first 3 years at the Rent.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Not awful in mid July. Not great, but not awful. Unless you're a die hard (like most of us, why commit to a 3 year plan of tickets when you can easily commit later on, and buy game day or per season tickets.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
gald we got a number. i know some students are still buying tix so i wonder if this includes the student section or not. i remember hearing last year mid august i think that we sold like 24k to date including students being sold out so i think were not far off here.

Reaction Score
Not great. I know a bunch of my friends are slacking on buying tickets (though they fully intend to). Can't really blame 'em. Not like they're gonna sell out. :(

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Not great. I know a bunch of my friends are slacking on buying tickets (though they fully intend to). Can't really blame 'em. Not like they're gonna sell out. :(

Unfortunately this is the case for a lot of people. I know that this strategy only hurts the program as selling a lot of season tickets show a strong program, but with jobs being hard to come by and tickets being readily available for 1/4 the cost, this will continue to be the trend. On top of this, people can buy an extra ticket or two and not care what section it is because you can move to a different section to sit together. In the end, if the game looks full and is sold out, that's all that matters right now. We can't expect to sell out season tickets. However, we can and should expect to sell out most games. UMass might be a tough sell because it's a Thursday night game and Buffalo is not a big draw for the casual fan but the rest of the games should be sell-outs and hopefully look like sell outs on TV.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Unless you're a die hard (like most of us, why commit to a 3 year plan of tickets when you can easily commit later on, and buy game day or per season tickets.

If you agree to the 3-year plan, they give you 3 years of priority points upfront. Which supposedly means better seats.

Reaction Score
gald we got a number. i know some students are still buying tix so i wonder if this includes the student section or not. i remember hearing last year mid august i think that we sold like 24k to date including students being sold out so i think were not far off here.

Dez did the season ticket update only once last year, it was 25k on Aug 29

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Dez did the season ticket update only once last year, it was 25k on Aug 29

sounds more right then i was. so were not there yet but not far off. the student section will selll out soon and more fans will buy close to game time so mid 20s will be the end # i guess. i was hoping we could go 26k+.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
sounds more right then i was. so were not there yet but not far off. the student section will selll out soon and more fans will buy close to game time so mid 20s will be the end # i guess. i was hoping we could go 26k+.

Gotta remember we're coming off a 4-8 season and our fan base is far from solid yet. So it's going to remain fluid and getting 25K last year was a result of our BCS appearance the year before. Until our fan base buys in completely on a larger level our numbers will fluctuate based on the previous seasons performance. Plus, the schedule will have an impact as well. Look for more tix to be sold next season due to Michigan, UMD, and possibly Boise being on the home slate.

Reaction Score
Gotta remember we're coming off a 4-8 season and our fan base is far from solid yet. So it's going to remain fluid and getting 25K last year was a result of our BCS appearance the year before. Until our fan base buys in completely on a larger level our numbers will fluctuate based on the previous seasons performance. Plus, the schedule will have an impact as well. Look for more tix to be sold next season due to Michigan, UMD, and possibly Boise being on the home slate.

uhhem...we were 5-7!! ;)

Reaction Score
Just a thought for all u on the fence about getting season tickets. When ND came into Wake a while back, the only way ND fans could get tix was through season ticket packages. They sold out in less than a week that year! Great for Wake right? Problem was, the ND fans just dumped the tix for the rest of the season and when the ACC rivals started showing up, there were no tix available and there were thousands of empty seats the rest of the year even though they were sellouts. Not sure how Uconn is going to prevent from happening with the Mich fans, but you have to assume they travel just as strong as ND.

Reaction Score
Just a thought for all u on the fence about getting season tickets. When ND came into Wake a while back, the only way ND fans could get tix was through season ticket packages. They sold out in less than a week that year! Great for Wake right? Problem was, the ND fans just dumped the tix for the rest of the season and when the ACC rivals started showing up, there were no tix available and there were thousands of empty seats the rest of the year even though they were sellouts. Not sure how Uconn is going to prevent from happening with the Mich fans, but you have to assume they travel just as strong as ND.
There's really no way to prevent it. They do this at BC as well, though it's not as much of a widespread problem. They probably will find out that single game tickets will be easy enough to come by that season tickets aren't necessary, but I'm sure some will do it.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I still haven't ordered mine so add 8-10 seats on top of 19k haha!

Reaction Score
There's really no way to prevent it. They do this at BC as well, though it's not as much of a widespread problem. They probably will find out that single game tickets will be easy enough to come by that season tickets aren't necessary, but I'm sure some will do it.
==============
Yup. The only way u prevent it is by getting your season tix now. I already have my six seats for the next 3 years so I'm just passing that along for those on the fence.

Reaction Score
==============
Yup. The only way u prevent it is by getting your season tix now. I already have my six seats for the next 3 years so I'm just passing that along for those on the fence.
Ditto, with 10 seats guaranteed for 3 seasons.

Reaction Score
Annnnnnnnnd on a side note..... Penn State has sold over 85,000 season tickets so far for 2012! What the.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom