Scott Drew passes on UK | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Scott Drew passes on UK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'd drop football before I'd lose Hurley and Geno.
We have a football team? And here I thought I was watching a AI-enabled test demo for the new EA college football game.

Reaction Score
PLEASE hire Will Wade. Come on, Kentucky trustees….lean into it!
Maybe the coach from Dayton will be willing to try it? It’s not that long of a move and he won a tourney game

Reaction Score
I think we've seen enough coaches over the years seemingly say no and then take the giant bag and skip town. I would love to think Hurley is different, and money certainly isn't everything, but giant money might be different than regular money.
And not one of us could blame him

Reaction Score
I don't want to want to go into semantics but since I respect you @Kemba15

just my opinion, He doesn't need to release a statement but for some reason, his "no" was not the level of no that nate oats gave. They completely stopped talking about nate oats, even though he would be almost as much a grand slam hire as danny. So there is a difference in the level of 'no'.

Man, I don't like the way I sound right now.
Maybe cuz Nate already got his new deal and Danny hasn’t. Not one person on this board would squander the leverage that DH has right now. Not one.

Reaction Score
Maybe the coach from Dayton will be willing to try it? It’s not that long of a move and he won a tourney game
Can you imagine the intro?

’He coached at Dayton….and won a first round NCAA tournament game!’

Kentucky setting the lowest bar in college basketball would be DELICIOUS.

Reaction Score
So why was Elon Musk up in arms about some college kid tracking his flights and willing to pay to make it stop? Same work Swift if I recall. Shouldn't be legal to be able to do that.
No idea. But it's easy to do. But I don't think you can do it on a flight by flight basis. Have to do it for the plane overall. Don't know why Musk wouldn't do this.

Reaction Score
This is (unfortunately) the only correct take on his comments. I understand why he did it, but man it would have been awesome for him to just flat out say "I'm not going anywhere. UConn is the blue blood and the only coaching job for me"
What do you think "no way" means?

Reaction Score
I don't inderstand why Abdur-Rahim from USF isn't a candidate for this or other jobs. He's a rising star and young. They deserve to get Pitino or Bruce Pearl.
That's a good question. Addur-Rahim has done a great job at least for the last 2 years.

Reaction Score
I have been thinking that for quite a while. Looking directly at you, UCLA. Your last title was 30 years ago? And most of your titles were actually 50+ years ago, when the size of the tournament was 8 or 16 teams, and only one team permitted per conference? Sorry, the phrase "The King is Dead" is on the tip of my tongue
Long live the King! A monarchy needs to reproduce to maintain it's staus. The same should be true with Blue Bloods. I loved John Wooden, and admire his coaching philosophies, but Wooden was the Blue Blood; not UCLA.

Reaction Score
I will say though that Hurley's contract talks needs to hurry up. Can he even recruit if there is not a certainty that he will be here.
If I am not mistaken, he is still under contract as an extension was signed last year after #5. Is this not correct? If it is, he is free to do what he has to do, pending the upcoming decisions of who is staying and who is leaving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom