Scott Drew passes on UK | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Scott Drew passes on UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
If Miami or UCLA had an opening and was willing to back up the truck, we should be nervous. A lifestyle job like that could pull any coach out of any job. Kentucky is a rebuild with a completely demented fan base, in Appalachia. It is not that hard to say “no” to that job.

Reaction Score
IMO it's quite hilarious that Ktky can't buy a coach! Who would really want to coach where the pressure would be incessant from day one to win a Natty?
I'd take the job if they offered. I can handle pressure for that much cash.

Reaction Score
The Kentucky board is all over Greg Swaim right now.... this from 11pm last night....

Reaction Score
Dan Hurley needs a new contract TODAY. I know it’s unlikely he leaves for somewhere else, but he’s the best coach in America and going to get job offers. Make him the highest paid coach in college basketball and do it immediately. He’s deserved it.

Reaction Score
Why does he need to release an official statement based on internet rumors? He said he's not leaving this year and he said it multiple times.
I don't want to want to go into semantics but since I respect you @Kemba15

just my opinion, He doesn't need to release a statement but for some reason, his "no" was not the level of no that nate oats gave. They completely stopped talking about nate oats, even though he would be almost as much a grand slam hire as danny. So there is a difference in the level of 'no'.

Man, I don't like the way I sound right now.

Reaction Score
If Miami or UCLA had an opening and was willing to back up the truck, we should be nervous. A lifestyle job like that could pull any coach out of any job. Kentucky is a rebuild with a completely demented fan base, in Appalachia. It is not that hard to say “no” to that job.
Demented is right
I never knew how demented

Is it any coincidence Drew says “thanks but no thanks” the next day???

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
I'm going out on a limb here...

Dan Hurley will not be the next head coach at Kentucky.

Crazy, right? That's how I roll folks.

Reaction Score
They really don't get it. They don't realize their "passion" is actually extreme toxicity.
That's correct. The passion they are bloviating about on BBN forums is what is scaring off coaching candidates.

Reaction Score

just my opinion, He doesn't need to release a statement but for some reason, his "no" was not the level of no that nate oats gave. They completely stopped talking about nate oats, even though he would be almost as much a grand slam hire as danny. So there is a difference in the level of 'no'.

Ehh oats would be a great hire, but there is no almost as much of a grand slam hire as Hurley. That’s why they are still talking about him, there’s a portion of their fan base that would be disappointed with anyone but Hurley.

And as far as Kentucky getting more desperate and offering even more, Hurley tweeting a statement doesn’t stop that scenario

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
One thing I learned in this whole situation though is that the UK athletic director is a super-evangelical. I can't imagine him wanting someone like Hurley if that's true, or, more precisely, I can't imagine Jersey City wanting to work with him. Still hopefully UK hires Mark Pope and we move on.
Evangelicals down there will hate having a Pope run things.

Reaction Score
They really don't get it. They don't realize their "passion" is actually extreme toxicity.
It's the same logic a stalker uses to stalk a poor girl, it's because he just loves her so much.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score

It’s his agent he said as much on the Pat McAfee show. He has more leverage to make a shopping list if he does not make any statements. These are smart business people if Danny has a wish list of things he wants that has to be discussed and finalized. I am not just talking his contract. It takes a lot of resources to run college basketball. We should be thanking squid for creating a situation where our coach, potentially the greatest of the current generation now has all the leverage he needs to get whatever foundational blocks he needs to create a dynasty.

This situation is putting the best coach in the country in a position to set this program up for the next decade. The school will have a hard time not giving him everything he is asking for. Now that may not be the best thing for the school financially but selfishly I will just accept that it is the best thing for the basketball program if Danny is driving it.

We need the attention as a sport. Kentucky really only has one viable option left that at least saves them some face. Hire Dawn Staley or offer her the job. Although she might say no and that would be even worse for them. But if they paid her $8M a year that would have to be at least 2X what she is making. So they have a shot at her saying yes.

Reaction Score
Sadly, the flight tracking happens all the time. Check out the realignment board. Happens with free agents, too.
There is a way to stop your private charter flight from being tracked if you want to do that. I happen to have some experience with that. Unfortunately not my plane, but somebody I know very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom