Scott Drew passes on UK | The Boneyard

Scott Drew passes on UK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I feel like Rick Pitino should take the job. Bring his son as lead assistant and heir apparent for when he steps down in a few years.

Reaction Score
There should be requirements for maintaining Blueblood status -- perhaps one natty within the last 10 years? And maybe there should be a designation that's higher than Blueblood. Of course, UConn would be the only school to meet such a lofty standard.

Reaction Score
I'd love to hear the Kentucky fans spin this that it's a good thing all their top targets are saying no thanks.

Reaction Score
It's will be interesting where they turn next. Pitino would be hilarious. Wonder if Sean Miller gets a call. He knows the area, had success at Arizona, and certainly has experience paying players (it's legal now).

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
It's will be interesting where they turn next. Pitino would be hilarious. Wonder if Sean Miller gets a call. He knows the area, had success at Arizona, and certainly has experience paying players (it's legal now).
I wouldn't be at all surprised if Bobby Hurley gets a call at this point.

Reaction Score
I'd love to hear the Kentucky fans spin this that it's a good thing all their top targets are saying no thanks.

They still believe it's Hurley or Donovan. That's their spin. Seriously.

Reaction Score
would love to see some instant reaction from the UK board

Reaction Score
They still believe it's Hurley or Donovan. That's their spin. Seriously.
I definitely do not think Hurley is going there, but I just don't like a job like that floating around with that much money and desperation. Because sometimes someone who is actively being passed are over says they are the ones who rejected.

One thing I learned in this whole situation though is that the UK athletic director is a super-evangelical. I can't imagine him wanting someone like Hurley if that's true, or, more precisely, I can't imagine Jersey City wanting to work with him. Still hopefully UK hires Mark Pope and we move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom