Scott Drew passes on UK | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Scott Drew passes on UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
They still believe it’s Hurley.

They are following charter flights around the country that land anywhere from New Jersey, north

Never actually seen anything like this, completely deluded and deranged

Sadly, the flight tracking happens all the time. Check out the realignment board. Happens with free agents, too.

Reaction Score
I definitely do not think Hurley is going there, but I just don't like a job like that floating around with that much money and desperation. Because sometimes someone who is actively being passed are over says they are the ones who rejected.

One thing I learned in this whole situation though is that the UK athletic director is a super-evangelical. I can't imagine him wanting someone like Hurley if that's true, or, more precisely, I can't imagine Jersey City wanting to work with him. Still hopefully UK hires Mark Pope and we move on.

This. They are going to take another run at Hurley with an absolutely insanely stupid amount of money.... would not surprise me if they top out at $15 million..... again, not suggesting DH will take it, but me no likey

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
It seems deranged, but just wish DH would flatly, firmly say "I'm a NO for KY" and not beat around the bush with wife would divorce me
He has to leave the door open, that's the way the game is played. UK has that $32M+ for Cal's byout they didn't use. It would be tough to say no to $15M per. Nobody would blame him and Kimani would get our HC gig.

Reaction Score
I'm going to wait to laugh until I know Danny is not going there. As others have said, as the candidates decrease the UK desperation increases along with a blank check. It would be silly to LOL at Kentucky now when Hurley is still a non-zero chance of happening there.
This is exactly correct. In fact, dare I say, I would have rather Scott Drew accepted the Kentucky head coaching job so this story would end.

Reaction Score
This. They are going to take another run at Hurley with an absolutely insanely stupid amount of money.... would not surprise me if they top out at $15 million..... again, not suggesting DH will take it, but me no likey
That would make him by far the highest paid college coach. Not college bball. College.

Reaction Score
unnamed.jpg

Reaction Score
I will say though that Hurley's contract talks needs to hurry up. Can he even recruit if there is not a certainty that he will be here.

Reaction Score
The insiders say they are already there…..

Can never tell what could happen……maybe they are that desperate, and they do come up with some insane amount of money he couldn’t pass up…..

What I do know is…..:these lunatics have absolutely no more information about the details than we do

And it’s funny watching them self immolate

Reaction Score
That would make him by far the highest paid college coach. Not college bball. College.

Yes it would. For context, when Alabama hired Nick Saban in 2007, they made him the highest paid coach in college football and his base salary was essentially the same as he made coaching the dolphins.

Reaction Score
I'm going to wait to laugh until I know Danny is not going there. As others have said, as the candidates decrease the UK desperation increases along with a blank check. It would be silly to LOL at Kentucky now when Hurley is still a non-zero chance of happening there.
He already said he's not going.

Reaction Score
Pretty sure that would double the next highest annual salary for NCAA hoop coaches.

That doesn’t sound like something a blue blood has to do.
It’s not going to happen. The next UK coach is not going to blow past Kirby Smart’s salary. I think what we’ve all learned from this is that UK fans find it very easy to spend their boosters’ hypothetical money.

Reaction Score

“I don’t think that’s on my mind,” Hurley told The Athletic. When asked more directly if there was any way he’d entertain the Kentucky job, Hurley responded: “No way.”

Hurley added that one reason he’d never go is because he’s not going to drag his wife even farther from New Jersey.

“I can’t afford a divorce right now. I just started making money.”

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
They can bring Glen Miller, Jeff Calhoun and Tyler Olander from St Joes to UKy
At least it's got UConn roots and pedigree.

Reaction Score
I like to believe this. But just in honesty he didn't. He kinda coach speaked it. If he did give a definitive no he'd be in the nate oats and scott drew camp. He's not
This is (unfortunately) the only correct take on his comments. I understand why he did it, but man it would have been awesome for him to just flat out say "I'm not going anywhere. UConn is the blue blood and the only coaching job for me"

Reaction Score
He said, no way.

Look I don't think he's going. But if Kentucky gets really desperate who knows. I don't think he leaves if we bump his pay to 8m and they offer 11 or 12. But if they offer something like 15 guaranteed for 8 years? Is it worth the hassle at that point?

Reaction Score
I like to believe this. But just in honesty he didn't. He kinda coach speaked it. If he did give a definitive no he'd be in the nate oats and scott drew camp. He's not

I think we've seen enough coaches over the years seemingly say no and then take the giant bag and skip town. I would love to think Hurley is different, and money certainly isn't everything, but giant money might be different than regular money.

Reaction Score
Why does he need to release an official statement based on internet rumors? He said he's not leaving this year and he said it multiple times.

Reaction Score
IMO it's quite hilarious that Ktky can't buy a coach! Who would really want to coach where the pressure would be incessant from day one to win a Natty?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom