Scott Drew passes on UK | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Scott Drew passes on UK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I will laugh like hell after this is over and I officially know Danny isn't going anywhere. Until then, it seems like bad mojo when a legitimate option comes off the board. "Danny, write down a number." Danny writes down $17mm for 10 years. "We can make that happen."

Looking at the psycho blue board, they were mentioning how religious Drew is. I wonder if that had something to do with it. Staying at Baylor, a legitimate Christian school, may be too big of a pull for him. Or maybe he read the board blowing up about how terrible an option Drew is and realized he'd be an idiot to leave a place where he's loved and jump into that cauldron of nastiness.

Reaction Score
The more people that turn it down, the closer they get to coming up with $20M for Hurley.
It is unfathomable that a basketball coach would make nearly 2x as much as a the top football coaches. I don't think we need to worry about this.

Reaction Score
but i thought people were gonna be lining up to take the UK job :)?

Hurley laughed at them when he said no and Drew just told them , Baylor is better !

Reaction Score

Dude hits the nail on the head. Money is the only reason to go there at this point. After seeing how their fanbase treated Cal, no chance I'd want to go there as a successful coach.

I'm getting my popcorn ready for their inevitable ire for whoever they end up hiring.

Bill Hader Popcorn GIF by Saturday Night Live

Reaction Score
I'm going to wait to laugh until I know Danny is not going there. As others have said, as the candidates decrease the UK desperation increases along with a blank check. It would be silly to LOL at Kentucky now when Hurley is still a non-zero chance of happening there.

Reaction Score
They still believe it’s Hurley.

They are following charter flights around the country that land anywhere from New Jersey, north

Never actually seen anything like this, completely deluded and deranged
It seems deranged, but just wish DH would flatly, firmly say "I'm a NO for KY" and not beat around the bush with wife would divorce me

Reaction Score
It seems deranged, but just wish DH would flatly, firmly say "I'm a NO for KY" and not beat around the bush with wife would divorce me
I mean he did say "NO WAY" when asked if he would entertain any other coaching job. He could release a press statement saying "I will never be the coach for any other university other than UConn (and never for Kentucky)" and you'd still have delusional UK fans believing Hurley is their savior.

Reaction Score
There should be requirements for maintaining Blueblood status -- perhaps one natty within the last 10 years? And maybe there should be a designation that's higher than Blueblood. Of course, UConn would be the only school to meet such a lofty standard.
I've always used 20 years as the marker for blueblood status. As in, first championship is more than 20 years ago and most recent championship is within 20 years.

Reaction Score
He won't come out and say that until negotiations are done. I don't blame Dan for using the leverage and it will ultimately be good for UConn MBB

Reaction Score
They still believe it’s Hurley.

They are following charter flights around the country that land anywhere from New Jersey, north

Never actually seen anything like this, completely deluded and deranged
Yeah, they were getting excited when they saw Craft's plane turn north thinking it was going to CT. Then it landed in NYC with a collecting groan of "Pitino?"

Reaction Score
I mean he did say "NO WAY" when asked if he would entertain any other coaching job. He could release a press statement saying "I will never be the coach for any other university other than UConn (and never for Kentucky)" and you'd still have delusional UK fans believing Hurley is their savior.
not to parse words but i think what he said was....no way that should be a concern. He leaves the door slightly cracked purposeful or not...which is fine for UConn contract negotiation purposes but you can see how people think he's open to leaving.

Reaction Score
Knew that was coming, why would Drew want the hastle? He doesn't seem like the type of person that wants bigger/better or the issues that come with it.

Reaction Score
Yeah, they were getting excited when they saw Craft's plane turn north thinking it was going to CT. Then it landed in NYC with a collecting groan of "Pitino?"
Truly, have never seen a more deranged group. We hate Dukies but I think that’s still all in fun, there is mutual respect.

This group is seriously out of their minds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32