Score predictions for ND game | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Score predictions for ND game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
UCONN's Defense will be a major factor IMO. Nobody plays defense like them but they don't have depth. If UCONN can stay out of foul trouble I'll take the huskies 81 ND 78 but if they get into early foul trouble ND 83 UCONN 75.

The key to this game will be which team can limit or contain the other's superstar. Can ND keep Collier off the boards and far away from a 20 point game? Also can they keep KLS from drilling threes and pull ups and force her to drive in the lane? Can UCONN keep Ogunbowale and Young (who I think will have a break out game) contained. They also need to keep the ball out of Allen's hands and make another player make plays, and force Brianna Turner to take free throw line jump shots. It's going to be interesting to see which team pulls it off.

The key players to this game are:
ND: Jackie Young- I think if she gets going early she will have a break out game. UCONN needs to limit her with the play of Williams.
Arike Ogunbowale- she can score in bunches UCONN must limit her and I think they will with the play of Williams.
Erin Boley- she'll probably be in the game to hoist up threes and if KLS is hot she'll need to be as well to keep ND close.

UCONN: Crystal Dangerfield- another Baylor game break out performance from her.
Saniya Chong- needs another Florida State performance to help balance the scoring.
Natalie Butler- Needs to score a lot more this game and continue to play good defense and rebound well.

Reaction Score
Uconn 71 ND 69
Lots of fouls on both sides, KLS fouls out w plenty of frustration , but uconn will prevail.
Natlie will be in the court 15+ min, as NC needs to come out and help guard the perimeter. Allen will score tons, Saniya and CD will be used to guard her with limited effect, but will be exhausted in the second half as Saniya and Cd take turns on her with fresher legs.

Reaction Score
My Prediction for tonight's game will be that ESPN's Doris Burke will continue her 4 year run of bashing Saniya Chong. Instead of following the "If you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything" principle, she just continues to find fault in people just for the sake of ESPN ratings.

Reaction Score
68-68 in regulation. To be continued. ;)

This is the real "toughest game of the year," though Maryland and S.C could be tough.

Yo Milford, I have the same thought. Had a vision last night of the game tied and 68 with 2 seconds left and UConn scores for the win.
It was blurry, but I know it's a small guard--Danger or Chong?

Reaction Score
1. After a mind-blowing collective performance last game by our "fearless forecasters," can you top it?
Who wins...margin..score as a tie-breaker? Reasoning, if you wish....humor....and such.

2 You might recall that at the outset of these prediction posts, I picked this "duty" up only when someone did not initiate the thread this season (my recollection, perhaps incorrect, being that there was usually a thread of this sort every season). Because of the press of life in general, and late life in particular, I'm not able to continue with it. The last two games I wasn't even able to get to some of the basics of the way I had hoped to handle it, such as even getting the results up in timely fashion. Am convinced that we need a younger, or at least, a more agile mind, to carry this forward.....though I've enjoyed this and gotten a big kick out of it.
SOMEONE PLEASE VOLUNTEER TO TAKE UP THE TORCH. Thanks.

3. One of our forecasters, (Carnac I think) has charged out of the ND gate by tacking on his prediction at the end of the previous prediction post. Please re-do it on here! Thanks.racing as usual.

ND 74-UConn 72

Reaction Score
Did you see them scoring 80 against UConn last year when we had arguably the best trio of players ever?
Marina Mabrey had a great 1st half. Then Moriah told Geno I got this and that was game. She played like Crystal played against Baylor. She is alot better then her sister.

Reaction Score
Can't be a good fan without embarrassing yourself with a prediction!?

Winning team will just have to be hungry, play within themselves, avoid the ups and downs and focus on the outcome. Team's got to come together, believe in themselves, shut out the distractions, block out the crowd, take that initial hit, play up to their capabilities, find that reservoir, dig down deep, limit the mistakes, and find a way by sticking to what they do best, moving the ball, moving without the ball, hitting the open man, getting out on the break, getting the high percentage shot, efficient on offense and stingy on defense by staying in front of their man, rotating, switching, defending the three point line, doubling down on the post, boxing out, keeping the opposition from getting to their spots or into their offense, making them use clock bringing the ball up, running the shot clock down, forcing bad shots, off balance shots and shots that are out of their comfort zone.

Whatever the outcome, we know the season is a marathon and not a sprint and the teams will get better as the season marches inexorably toward the tournament, the games that really count for these two programs.

UConn 88 ND 72

It's a nail-biter if Allen is great. Coach Auriemma will try to limit her impact. The matchup I'm most hoping to see is Turner v. Collier. Game is bigger for UConn, they want the streak.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Darn that last, meaningless basket by Notre Dame! Without that, I would have hit the exacta at 72-59.

Was I the closest? Did I win?
I don't know if you won, but you did really, really well. Good job!!

I thought we could win but didn't want to mess with the mojo.

Reaction Score
Darn that last, meaningless basket by Notre Dame! Without that, I would have hit the exacta at 72-59.

Was I the closest? Did I win?
I had the Huskies by 12, but an 81-69 score.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I actually predicted UConn 76-61, but hurt my shoulder attempting to pat myself on the back.....

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Thanks winlots, here it is. I had a hard time finding it. :cool: As always, Geno will have them ready to play. Carnac sez: UConn 72 ND 64.
We have another WINNER!
wehaveawinner_img__620x300.jpg

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
We have another WINNER!
wehaveawinner_img__620x300.jpg

Thanks guys, I appreciate the nod. It looks like my investment in all of the paraphernalia (tea leaves, rabbit's feet, crystal balls, envelopes, etc.) that I employ is finally beginning to pay off. ;)
Last night's performance answered all the questions. We now know who the warriors are, we know how resilient this team is, we know that they can keep their poise under extreme pressure (Notre Dame on the road, it doesn't get any better (stressful) than that), and we know that some of our girls are like a "Timex watch". They can take a lickin', and keep on tickin". :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom