Score predictions for ND game | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Score predictions for ND game

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
We stop Arike Ogunbowale, we will win. The officiating will play a big role, because she likes driving to the basket and get to the line as well shoot the 3.

I say we win. Guessing by about 5 points.
Yes, Arike is aggressive. Let's get her 2 offensive fouls in the first quarter, so she can sit and watch the game.

Reaction Score
Yes, Arike is aggressive. Let's get her 2 offensive fouls in the first quarter, so she can sit and watch the game.
Maybe a stupid question but... Will Miss Muffet sit Arike in such a big game with two fouls or will she risk it picking up a 3rd?

Reaction Score
75-72 UConn, or really UConn by 3. :eek: It'll be a nail biter for sure!

Some fun and light hearted predictions:
- Kia sports the "good luck bun" yet again.
- Pheesa continues to be a powerhouse.
- KLS gets more points than the TX game, but not as many as her season high.
- Chong has her breakout defensive game (Fingers crossed, right?!)
I think the possibility of Chong having her breakout defensive game is zilch. If she's adequate, I'll be highly pleased and impressed. I'm not talking about her making a singular positive play just like I wouldn't condemn her for a one time breakdown defensively. I'd LOVE to be wrong.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
UConn in foul trouble. ND 81 / UConn 69

I'm thinking that too. Especially if ND continues it's legacy of flopping. Just to be different I'll go with ND 84 UCONN 70

Reaction Score
This season Notre Dame hasn't seen anything like our defensive ferocity and we have a confusing offense. If Geno doesn't really know who, when, or how...how can the ND kids ?

Early scrap highlighted by spirited clunkiness. But midway through the second quarter we start firing on all cylinders and are never in danger the rest of the way. UConn 80-61. Gabby, Lou, and Pheesa get all the attention (rightfully) but that only creates opportunities for the others.

Sneak prediction: Molly Bent gets significant minutes and earns kudos for reliable contributions to our offensive flow. But at the presser Geno sounds like he's talking about Kelly when he says "really" a whole lot in reference to her D.

Reaction Score
Uconn's streak is on the line, but its nothing they cant handle. If we lose we will go down fighting. However I think we have the better team though. Uconn is more athletic faster and seems to be ready with big wins against elite ranked teams already, plus the size/length of Uconn should be a factor on defense. I like Uconn......77-67 but if uconn is sharp on offense and excute mistake free it could can UGLY in South Bend.

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
For those unhappy that we're not going in as #2, consult the coaches poll.
I see ND with a small lead at the end of 3, but our ferocious stamina and toughness wins the 4th Q and the game.
Incidentally, while streaks must end, If we win tonight, we will be showing that the streak has every chance to extend. Imagine a streak of 100 plus. It could happen.

Reaction Score
I don't relish saying this, but I have a bad feeling about this one. ND 71, UConn 62

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
UConn 78 - 69. I hope that is unclaimed (didn't peak). The OOC schedule has better prepared UConn and UConn's defense will be the difference. This prediction assumes the referees leave it a level playing field. Silly me.

Reaction Score
If Lou decides she wants to play, UConn wins 74-62, and if she doesn't like the first half Sunday then ND wins 70-64.
Wow!! She needs to decide quickly so that coach can establish the starting 5. This game could be on fire from the gun shot.

Big Mick

The all knowing Mick
Reaction Score
So, who do you think torches us tomorrow night? Mabrey2? Allen? One of the newbies? You just know one of them is gonna go off and knock down a bunch of early threes.

@HoopsFan21 - I don't think so.

Consider these stats
Turner doesn't shoot the 3
Westbeld made 2 out of 5 in the last 5 games...she wont be shooting 3's tonight
Mabrey made 6 out of 20 in the last 5 games.....and 3 of those was vs TCU (won by 33)
Ogunbowale made 10 out of 19 in the last 5 games.....and 5 of those was vs TCU (won by 33)
Allen doesn't shoot the 3
Nelson doesn't shoot the 3
Young made 5 of 10 in the last 5 games....and 3 of those was vs Valparaiso (won by 60)
Boley made 7 of 13 in last 5 games....and 6 of those were vs TCU and Valparaiso

Recap: TCU and VALP aside - ND shot 37% versus the remaining weak competition.

Naaaah - they won't be raining down 3's tonight

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
OK just my $.02 on each teams' seasons so far...

ND has had some big blowouts, but also had some surprisingly close games against unranked teams. They beat a solid Green Bay team by only 4 points, losing the entire 2nd half by 7. They beat a decent Iowa team (who is 6-3 now) by 15.

UCONN, on the other hand, after squeaking past FSU by 2 in the opener, beat Baylor by 11, and then their next closest victory was over #14 Texas by 18. Based on who they played and how well they played, it seems like UCONN should win. I suspect Butler won't get as much PT tonight - ND is not a big team and is VERY similar to UCONN. Their top 2 leading scorers are guards - Ogunbowale and Maybrey. They have 5 players who essentially average 10 PPG Turner, Young, and the lowest of the 5 is Westbeld at 9.5. (They also have Allen at 8.8 and Boley at 6.5 and Nelson - their 6'5" center at 5.1).

ND has more spread out scoring than UCONN. Our top 4 have Samuelson and Collier at both over 19 PPG and then Nurse at 13 and Williams at 10. Other than that, Danger at 7.5, and Butler and Chong both under 5 PPG. I think it will be a very close game with runs by each team. I don't see either team getting out to a lead much more than 7 points or so, unless one team gets crazy hot from beyond the arc. Ultimately I think it will be a lower scoring game... While I said earlier UCONN SHOULD win the game, it's AT ND, and I think this is the time we lose a game (I sure hope not tho - prove me wrong ladies!!)...

ND 69
UCONN 66

Reaction Score
[QUOTE="wire chief, post: 1925896, member: 1411"Imagine a streak of 100 plus." [/QUOTE]

Just had to say it ! Didn't ya ?!? You certainly are a fearless mojo manager/manipulator. ;).

That number with three syllables (two too many over at Volnation) scares hell out of me.

I prefer to think of 2017 Valentine's Day Eve as just another day at the office.

Reaction Score
Of course nd has higher scoring since they played cupcakes so far this season. Do you think nd would beat DePaul by 45 like uconn did? If your answer is yes then they have a chance to beat uconn, but i doubt they are that good.

Reaction Score
[QUOTE="MilfordHusky, post: 1926200, member: 366 "Only the media, including ESPN, are focusing on the streak."

Correct.

Except for the many hundreds of thousands whose media is merely social and who don't earn their daily bread doing the Bristol Stomp over at the Worldwide Leader. Don't be surprised to see the Tweeter In Chief and the President Emeritus sitting together at Gampel on February 13.

Reaction Score
I don't relish saying this, but I have a bad feeling about this one. ND 71, UConn 62
Stay off the relish and the bad feeling will pass...maybe a nice walk to the Dairy Bar for some ice cream instead.

Reaction Score
Stay off the relish and the bad feeling will pass...maybe a nice walk to the Dairy Bar for some ice cream instead.

BLUE: Gotta hand out a HUMOR BALL for the staying off the relish notion....still grinning....sort of a "rye" grin?

Reaction Score
My first chance to take a look at all this since midnight or so last night when company left. Some interesting stats:
At that point in time, there were about 12 picks ND to win....about 40 for UCONN. The modal margin on EACH side, interestingly, was for a five point victory. ( Outliers were 12 point win for the Irish, and 28 for the HUSKIES by our intrepid NEWCORN. )
The lean toward UCONN probably would not be unexpected on this board which is heavily populated by UCONN enthusiasts; I've noticed in the past that in football games that are expected to be close, the hometown writers for each team tend to declare that their guys will be the winners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom