Score predictions for ND game | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Score predictions for ND game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Geno's early season wringer of a schedule is paying dividends already (ironically, Muffet's ploy -- taking the Irish on a program-record six games away from home -- starts after this game.). Huskies playing right and tight and -- save for the Valpo scrimmage -- Irish playing well enough. The ND stew hasn't coagulated quite yet. UConn by 5 or 6, unless Arike or Marina just go off (In March/April, I hope to be typing
Boley or Young, too). Look forward to the game.

Reaction Score
It's tough to score over 70 points against uconn and i don't think ND has since Diggins left. Turner gets in foul trouble and uconn wins easily 82-67.

Reaction Score
I'm going 78- 74 UConn in a nail biter. Which I won't be watching live because I am a chicken and seeing them lose or even almost lose gives me heart palpitations.

....but you'll be following the ESPN gamecenter score, no doubt ;) refresh...refresh...refesh........

Reaction Score
Geno's early season wringer of a schedule is paying dividends already (ironically, Muffet's ploy -- taking the Irish on a program-record six games away from home -- starts after this game.). Huskies playing right and tight and -- save for the Valpo scrimmage -- Irish playing well enough. The ND stew hasn't coagulated quite yet. UConn by 5 or 6, unless Arike or Marina just go off (In March/April, I hope to be typing
Boley or Young, too). Look forward to the game.

How has Ali Patberg been doing? Is she getting consistent minutes?

Reaction Score
I haven't seen but a few highlight minutes of ND, but I don't think they've been tested enough early on and know that haven't seen the stifling D that UConn will bring. Factoring in home court advantage, I see an 81-69 Husky win. Hoping we stay out of foul trouble, that's for sure. Should be a great game, win or lose.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
It's tough to score over 70 points against uconn and i don't think ND has since Diggins left. Turner gets in foul trouble and uconn wins easily 82-67.

Actually, ND scored more than 80 during the most recent matchup -- last year's 91-81 loss to the Huskies in Storrs. There was a lot of up and down the court in that one.

The most recent win over UConn with 70 points was a 73-72 victory against UConn on Jan. 5, 2013 at Gampel Pavilion in Storrs. And you're right, Ms. Diggins was present.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
....but you'll be following the ESPN gamecenter score, no doubt ;) refresh...refresh...refesh...
Yeah I usually can't wait til the game is over. I JUST HAVE TO KNOW. I make my wife check and tell me LOL. Like I said I'm a chicken. I try and go to the gym or watch a movie or something. I usually find myself checking in then watch the full game later.

This game is kind of hard to scout for I would imagine for ND & UConn coaching staff. Both teams have played teams of varying levels of skill and both have had hiccups but still won. I tried to compare UConn stats vs FSU, Baylor, DePaul & Texas to Notre Dame games vs Green Bay, Washington, Iowa & TCU. Seems like the contest should be fairly even. I do know that no matter who wins anyone tuned into ESPN2 that night will most likely see very beautiful basketball and that's all I can ask for.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
How has Ali Patberg been doing? Is she getting consistent minutes?

Unfortunately, Ali's year thus far has been a cha-cha...one step forward and two back. Just as she was on the court after recovering all freshman year from her ACL (the brace is huge), she contracted walking pneumonia and hasn't even suited up for a few games. You will not see the poor kid on the court this game. Hopefully, she'll return between the semesters..we'll see. It's been a tough haul for her.

In the meantime, when Lindsay Allen has needed/taken a break at PG, Mychal Johnson and/or Marina Mabrey (picking up for for sister Michaela from last year) have spelled her. Fouls notwithstanding, expect Allen to be on the court the whole 40 on Wednesday...she only had to play 18 or 19 minutes against Valpo on Sunday.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
While I don't expect UConn to go undefeated, I don't think this is the game they loose. We have been battle tested so far, ND has really not. That's the difference for tomorrow night.

UConn 74 ND 69.

Reaction Score
UConn 77-70. This team just keeps surprising me with their focus and determination. Just hope I don't jinx them. ND is a very good team, experienced and talented but should I say, not been tested and stretched this year because of their schedule.

Reaction Score
I've had this game as a loss when I saw how early it was in the schedule. I hope I'm dead wrong but I have a hard time denying home court (cooking) advantage.. ND 76 UC 74 in a knock-down drag-out nail-biter. Let's hope the refs stay out of the game.

Big Mick

The all knowing Mick
Reaction Score
Geno has done it again.

This year’s refrain is “We are such an undersized team”

Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha

The proof of this is of course that we have to start 5’ 11” Gabby Williams at Center. Yep, she jumps center, plays down low, posts up and rebounds like a deamon.

But, BUT, look what happened to Texas.

He brings in Butler, Moves Gabby to a guard position.

AND…..this is what have we:
1) 6’ 5” Butler at Center
2) 6’ 3” Samuelson at wing
3) 6’ 1” Collier at power forward
4) 6’ 0” Nurse at point
5) 5’ 11” Gabby (playing like Lebron) at shooting guard

Try matching up against that.

Butler is a threat down low even though she has her faults, still gotta put a big on her and even some help defense.
Samuelson at wing – better have an agile big to put on her.
Collier is a real handful as she is always around the ball and a stone cold scorer.
Nurse is a big strong guard, can shoot the three and get to the rim.
And finally there is Gabby…and Gabby is, well, just GABBY.

I don't know about everyone else; but; it all makes me smile :)

Prediction: UCONN 78 Notre Dame 67

Reaction Score
O ye of little faith. What's with these close scores? I say, UConn 85 - 57. Gabby is the Badass with 20+ and a double double.

I like your thinking on both parts (blowout win and Gabby with a 20point double-double) but my mind is going 77-73 UCONN.

Reaction Score
79-79 goes into o.t. and the ididerod's finest outscore the shamrocks 8-7 to win 87-86.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
UConn has played everbody. ND hasn't played anybody except Washington, who hasn't played anybody except ND.

The battle-tested Huskies pull away in the 4th qtr, 76 - 61.

Reaction Score
I honestly don't know who's going to win, because, for me, so much emotion clouds any possible rational consideration (see Daniel Kahneman and Behavioral Economics). But I think I DO know that UConn fans have easily won the contest of who's more confident--or at least speaks more confidently--of victory heading into it.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
1. After a mind-blowing collective performance last game by our "fearless forecasters," can you top it?
Who wins...margin..score as a tie-breaker? Reasoning, if you wish....humor....and such.

2 You might recall that at the outset of these prediction posts, I picked this "duty" up only when someone did not initiate the thread this season (my recollection, perhaps incorrect, being that there was usually a thread of this sort every season). Because of the press of life in general, and late life in particular, I'm not able to continue with it. The last two games I wasn't even able to get to some of the basics of the way I had hoped to handle it, such as even getting the results up in timely fashion. Am convinced that we need a younger, or at least, a more agile mind, to carry this forward.....though I've enjoyed this and gotten a big kick out of it.
SOMEONE PLEASE VOLUNTEER TO TAKE UP THE TORCH. Thanks.

3. One of our forecasters, (Carnac I think) has charged out of the ND gate by tacking on his prediction at the end of the previous prediction post. Please re-do it on here! Thanks.racing as usual.

Thanks winlots, here it is. I had a hard time finding it. :cool: As always, Geno will have them ready to play. Carnac sez: UConn 72 ND 64.

Reaction Score
I'm going 78- 74 UConn in a nail biter. Which I won't be watching live because I am a chicken and seeing them lose or even almost lose gives me heart palpitations.
Yes, don't watch this one live. I know UCONN is to die for, but we don't want to lose any Boneyarders over this. Too much stress for those up in age. DVR it, catch the score when it's over, watch and enjoy the win without trepidation.
Signed, Dr. Bestiarius

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
ND's Home Court Crowd is going to have an impact on this game. IMO Notre Dame will get out to a lead and while the team will make runs they'll come up short. Also think team will have a hard time containing Arike Ogunbowale.

ND 77
UConn 73

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
ND guards like to penetrate and shoot. We have a tendency to pile on fouls particularly early. We also haven't gotten out of the gates very fast except for DePaul. Notre Dame is at home.

Breaks my heart but gotta say.......

ND 79
UCONN 70

Reaction Score
Sagarin gives you Connecticut by about 4-5 points (4.3, to be precise). Massey offers 76-67 and has UConn at 77% to win the game. I'll split the difference and say UConn by 7

Shame on you!!!!:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I have underestimated this UConn team from day one and they have pleasantly made me look foolish so please feel free to continue...................

ND 82
UConn 77

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member