Score predictions for ND game | The Boneyard

Score predictions for ND game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
1. After a mind-blowing collective performance last game by our "fearless forecasters," can you top it?
Who wins........margin.......score as a tie-breaker? Reasoning, if you wish....humor....and such.

2 You might recall that at the outset of these prediction posts, I picked this "duty" up only when someone did not initiate the thread this season (my recollection, perhaps incorrect, being that there was usually a thread of this sort every season). Because of the press of life in general, and late life in particular, I'm not able to continue with it. The last two games I wasn't even able to get to some of the basics of the way I had hoped to handle it, such as even getting the results up in timely fashion. Am convinced that we need a younger, or at least, a more agile mind, to carry this forward.....though I've enjoyed this and gotten a big kick out of it.
SOMEONE PLEASE VOLUNTEER TO TAKE UP THE TORCH. Thanks.

3. One of our forecasters, (Carnac I think) has charged out of the ND gate by tacking on his prediction at the end of the previous prediction post. Please re-do it on here! Thanks......racing as usual......

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score
I will start with a negative. Sorry. Home court and depth are too much to overcome. ND 68 UConn 57. By the way, the non-partial bad refereeing will continue. These are the best two programs in WCBB. Hopefully they can find three humans that will let them play.

Reaction Score
I will start with a negative. Sorry. Home court and depth are too much to overcome. ND 68 UConn 57. By the way, the non-partial bad refereeing will continue. These are the best two programs in WCBB. Hopefully they can find three humans that will let them play.

UConn may or may not lose, but no way UConn only scoring 57 points.

Reaction Score
This one seems as close to a push as I could imagine. The home court advantage favors ND. The experience from games played to this point against better competition favors UConn. Both teams will be ready for the big stage and able to handle the pressure that goes with it. I think toughness and coaching will be the difference-makers, so my prediction is:

UConn 76
ND 71

Last edited:

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Sagarin gives you Connecticut by about 4-5 points (4.3, to be precise). Massey offers 76-67 and has UConn at 77% to win the game. I'll split the difference and say UConn by 7

Reaction Score
75-72 UConn, or really UConn by 3. :eek: It'll be a nail biter for sure!

Some fun and light hearted predictions:
- Kia sports the "good luck bun" yet again.
- Pheesa continues to be a powerhouse.
- KLS gets more points than the TX game, but not as many as her season high.
- Chong has her breakout defensive game (Fingers crossed, right?!)

Reaction Score
Doesn't matter in my opinion UCONN loses they drop back to number 2 in the polls. UCONN has past all expectations so far in this young season. This game is for all women's basketball fans.. Biggest game of the year!!! What matters most is come March. It's still a very long season left and UCONN still has a few more tough games to come. The streak will have to come to a end at some point they always do. I just hope it's a great game for all to enjoy. Like I said rankings mean absolutely nothing... UCONN is still coming into this game as the under dog .. No one outside husky land have thus team any chance this year and so far they are proving everyone wrong. Notre Dame has everything on there shoulders... They are by most picked to win it all, this is there best chance to win it all this year and MM and company have all the pressure .. UCONN just needs to come out and play like they can and have nothing to lose... Yes if they lose all the talk will be the streak is over mighty UCONN has been taken down... UCONN wins then every coach , every media outlit will be saying This was uconn's down year?? Get them this year?? Wake up call that UCONN is in to win it. This game will go either way but the edge goes to Notre Dame cause it's so hard to win on the road in big games like this. But people talk about depth... Notre Dame isn't that deep... I believe Ally there guard will be out still with illness and there 6'5 senior center Diamond has been out with a hand thumb injury so they may go 8 deep so I think we match up pretty well with the Irish. We have already faced much more height and athletism in Baylor and Texas... So we stay out of foul trouble and stay healthy I think we can take it on the road... Will be a nail bitter for sure!!! Go Huskies!!

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
UConn wins, 72-59. Be aware that I privately expected, but did not publicly predict, that UConn would lose to Baylor by a significant margin and might lose narrowly to Texas. In both cases, it was because I didn't see how they could neutralize the size deficit. I'm still not sure how they did that, but they did it -- with maybe some help in each case from big but inexperienced post players on the opposing team.

Against ND, that problem should not exist. UConn should not face any serious size deficit. It will be two teams who are good at running, passing, and shooting playing against each other. Between the hard-earned preparation of the schedule to date and Geno's generally more effective defensive schemes in comparison with Muffitt's, I think there will be an edge to UConn in this game.

But since I was wrong about earlier losses, I may be wrong about this win.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Sagarin gives you Connecticut by about 4-5 points (4.3, to be precise). Massey offers 76-67 and has UConn at 77% to win the game. I'll split the difference and say UConn by 7

f8ce0ff33ec32c9e6d207078e52bea14a1795afc4ee7d4c065c8bc34bf7fcc51.jpg

I'll go with ND 83 UCONN 76

Reaction Score
This game will be fascinating because the teams are so similar to each other. I think the team that plays the better defense will win this one. Historically that has been the Huskies. I will say 79-75 UConn.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I'll keep the predictions consistent for mojo's sake.

In honor of what we hope and pray would be Win #83 in a row for UConn WBB, I'll go with 83-79 UConn, possibly even in OT. My crystal ball tells me Crystal can ball. I really think NaPheesa, Kia and Gabby, can make a big difference. KLS will definitely play well, but just how big a contribution will she make? I think Katie Lou's name ends up on the HoH Wall in 2019, and this may be the moment that sparks the push for WBCA recognition this year.

This is going to be an extremely difficult win for the Huskies to pull off, but we have a real chance to escape with a win and make history.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
I've thought we would probably lose this game ever since Tuck announced she was leaving. So I'll flip BostonCanuck and say ND 76, UConn 71.

Reaction Score
Notre Dame's lack of high quality opponents to date will negate their home court advantage. I don't see them handling our 40 minutes of D. If we can hit at least 40% of our 3's and stay out of serious foul trouble, I'm looking at UConn 72-ND 67 Go Huskies!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom