Rumors of Maryland talking to B-10 | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Rumors of Maryland talking to B-10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Agreed. I am as much of a B1G optimist as anyone but I do not think that a car wash attendant or an interesting conversation at a spring game qualify as UConn having conversations with the B1G and, therefore, an invite will be weeks/months away. I do think we're destined for the B1G...just not for another couple of years.

Reaction Score
Sorry guys. I didn't realize this would pop up in the fb board when I resurrected it. Maybe the mods can move it to the CR board.

Reaction Score
If you read the articles in the NJ papers after their announcement, Rutgers and the B10 were in talks as long ago as 2008. Before Pernetti. It is easy to surmise, the B1G gave (new logo) gave them a checklist of concerns. Part of that became the the HUGE commitment of Capital items for Football. Also, on the academic side, Rutgers tightened up a lot of the loose programs ... McCormick did wonders as President.

I always have thought that Herbst had an agenda that was influenced by a concept beyond just rising UConn to Flagship status; there's more going on.

Reaction Score
If you read the articles in the NJ papers after their announcement, Rutgers and the B10 were in talks as long ago as 2008. Before Pernetti. It is easy to surmise, the B1G gave (new logo) gave them a checklist of concerns. Part of that became the the HUGE commitment of Capital items for Football. Also, on the academic side, Rutgers tightened up a lot of the loose programs ... McCormick did wonders as President.

I always have thought that Herbst had an agenda that was influenced by a concept beyond just rising UConn to Flagship status; there's more going on.

The B1G is sharp. Surely what they did with Rutgers was adopted as a best practice, and if we are engaged in the same process then we're working off of some sort of checklist as well.

Reaction Score

I know it's only Lacrosse, but I find the announcement and timing to be more than coincidence. This should be a time to tighten sports spending.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score

Too bad basketball and the rest of their sports are a joke!

Reaction Score
The B1G is sharp. Surely what they did with Rutgers was adopted as a best practice, and if we are engaged in the same process then we're working off of some sort of checklist as well.
I've been thinking the same thing for some time. I think theirs work going on behind the scenes re;AAU and FB build up.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Too bad basketball and the rest of their sports are a joke!
Yep, but the entry to NYC DMA made it irrelevant.

Reaction Score
Wow, I broke the news on this board almost 3 years ago, crazy, seems like yesterday.

Reaction Score
Maryland was pissed about having Notre Dame shoved down their throats. And they were not the only ones. If the B1G took Maryland, they will probably take another.

So let's entertain the following, even if it is far fetched and unlikely.

1. Maryland and another ACC School get sucked in the the B1G

2. The ACC subsequently has to replenish and they take UConn and Rutgers.

3. The Big 12 pulls the trigger on Louisville and Cincy.

4. The "New" Big East collapses as a football conference.

Even more far fetched and unlikely.

1. Maryland and UConn move to the B1G together.

2. Rutgers goes to the ACC.

3. The Big 12 expands again and takes Louisville and Cincy.
Is it too late to pick 4?

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Going back and reading all the posts is about as painful as it gets. Things could not have gone down worse for UConn. Every imaginable scenario and we get the doomsday device dropped on us.
We call it, "The Gadget."

Incidentally, I looked back on my one and only post (other than this one) in this thread, and Oh. My. God... I caught the end of Animal House last night. I was as much of a Kevin Bacon ("Remain Calm. All is well.") as anyone here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom