Rumors of Maryland talking to B-10 | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Rumors of Maryland talking to B-10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
If this was truly the first time that I was wrong, my wife would hit me less... ;)
Go into the lab and whip up a ACC brew for god sake,we need a potion to make the move.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I have this knot in my stomach telling me the acc will decide to wait for Notre dame to decide on a conference and Boise and maybe others will decide the moving to the big east is no longer worth it and stay put.

Really tough to play with 13 though. They can't really wait around, they need to add a full member.

Reaction Score
Really tough to play with 13 though. They can't really wait around, they need to add a full member.

I really hope you are right. The last round of expansion just really brought out the pessimist in me on this subject.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
True but we've tried this.

Also, there is a far worse possible scenario that I would rather not type (as ignoring its possibility is the only way I'll be able to sleep tonight).

Uconnalliance

Reaction Score
Kneel and pray at touchdown husky

Uconnalliance

Reaction Score

Also, there is a far worse possible scenario that I would rather not type (as ignoring its possibility is the only way I'll be able to sleep tonight).
What the Ivy league? Lmfao!!!!!!!!!

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

Really hard to see them landing on Louisville, USF or Cincinnati.

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
I really hope you are right. The last round of expansion just really brought out the pessimist in me on this subject.

He is. Especially cause B12 and sec, not to mention b1g again someday, will be taking a run. Acc needs numbers if nothing else. Boise balking is a legit risk though. This is no where near settled, as b12 will be forced to expand at some point.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
That isn't what I'm thinking.

Might this be it?

Md and Ru to B1G.
FSU and UofL to B12.
ACC stays at 12.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score

You nailed it! (or at least that is MY worst fear)...

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
FSU (the other ACC school that voted against the $50mm exit fee) jumps to the B-12, bringing the ACC back to 12 (non ND) schools. The B-12 also adds Louisville to remain at an even number and we are screwed.

As there is precedent (BC leaving the BE) of a school that did not vote in favor of an increased exit fee not being required to pay the increased fee if they announce they are leaving shortly after the vote to increase the fee, there would be reason for a school that voted against the increase to hasten their departure. Maryland jumping ship may be enough to tip FSU towards also leaving.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Plausible sure. Not sure why Maryland leaving would bother FSU though. If they were going to go why would Maryland drive their decision?

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
I'm not sure that FSU wasn't close to jumping to the B-12 already. Another ACC member leaving could be enough to get them to move to a conference that has more football cachet. Believe me, I don't want to see this happen.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Plausible sure. Not sure why Maryland leaving would bother FSU though. If they were going to go why would Maryland drive their decision?

It possibly makes the B12 itchy.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member