Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Might this be it?

Md and Ru to B1G.
FSU and UofL to B12.
ACC stays at 12.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

If the ACC loses Maryland, I don't think they are going to want the NBE TV contract to gain any momentum, they would IMO grab Uconn or Rutgers depending on who jumps with Maryland.

The BE minus Rutgers and Uconn would be a severe blow to any contract negotiations and would probably stop Boise St and SD ST from jumping to the NBE.

The ACC would be the premiere bball conference on the entire east coast and would still have a solid football conference, not on par with the Big 10, but enough to keep a seat at the BCS. The real problem for the ACC is the B-12.

Reaction Score
Mediocre football n basketball and they go to big ten. Did they make a deal with the devil?

Reaction Score
Mediocre football n basketball and they go to big ten. Did they make a deal with the devil?

No, they were lucky to be located 20 miles from NYC, like in real estate it's location, location, location.

Reaction Score
I think that is the third time that link has been posted on this message board. At least.

It may be, but my post info is not from that link, I just added that link.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
It may be, but my post info is not from that link, I just added that link.
Its been posted a bunch of times along with a couple of other articles that referenced it would happen as soon as Monday.

Reaction Score
Plausible sure. Not sure why Maryland leaving would bother FSU though. If they were going to go why would Maryland drive their decision?
I agree. The only reason i see is if a team leaving allows ESPN to renegotiate their t.v. deal with the ACC. I would imagine they would use the argument that losing the team in the DC and Baltimore media area makes the ACC a little less valuable.

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
I agree. The only reason i see is if a team leaving allows ESPN to renegotiate their t.v. deal with the ACC. I would imagine they would use the argument that losing the team in the DC and Baltimore media area makes the ACC a little less valuable.

But 5 ND games every 2 years should more than make up for the loss of the terps.

Reaction Score
But 5 ND games every 2 years should more than make up for the loss of the terps.
In that argument, ESPN would have more leverage. Why wouldn't they use it? They have never been shy in the past.

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
In that argument, ESPN would have more leverage. Why wouldn't they use it? They have never been shy in the past.

I don't think espn is driving this particular bus; it's Delaney ( who needs espn a lot less than does ACC ) as he's trying to expand B1G network footprint.

Reaction Score
No, they were lucky to be located 20 miles from NYC, like in real estate it's location, location, location.
Actually I was referring to Maryland. I can somewhat see Rutgers. But Maryland? Wtf. Delaney. Are u drunk , senile, or have a good time with a hooker in Maryland. . I could see swiping Pitt or getting a Florida school or at least with us u get basketball.

Reaction Score
I don't think espn is driving this particular bus; it's Delaney ( who needs espn a lot less than does ACC ) as he's trying to expand B1G network footprint.
I was responding to a post saying the addition of ND makes up for loss of MD. I doubt ESPN is driving this, but in the aftermath they would have leverage to pay ACC less if they can re-open the media deal.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Also AAU status and a large campus. A 9-1 football team can't hurt.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
Actually I was referring to Maryland. I can somewhat see Rutgers. But Maryland? Wtf. Delaney. Are u drunk , senile, or have a good time with a hooker in Maryland. . I could see swiping Pitt oet r getting a Florida school or at least with us u get basketball.

I don't get this post at all. Delaney has more than enough money to have a good time with a hooker wherever he happens to be.

Reaction Score

If mediocrity is a top 25 FB team with a chance at the BE title, I'd take it every year. BBall is another story and I think mediocrity is generous.

Reaction Score
If mediocrity is a top 25 FB team with a chance at the BE title, I'd take it every year. BBall is another story and I think mediocrity is generous.
This thead about md. Not referring to Rutgers. I could actually justify Rutgers

Reaction Score
I don't get this post at all. Delaney has more than enough money to have a good time with a hooker wherever he happens to be.

quote: "For Alexander wept when he saw there were no more worlds left to conquer".

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The BE is the Tinkerbell conference. It is only alive and good at football if you believe in it and clap your hands to save Tinkerbell. #ClapHarder!
You can clap your hands bloody. It's over. (Pretty much.)

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The best I can do is some meth for Swofford....or maybe a roofie for Delany....:eek:
Ah that would explain a lot Dan -

Police officer: So tell me again what happened.
Delaney (sobbing): I don't know. I don't know. I was out having a good time and the next I knew I was in bed with Rutgers ....(shuttering) ...rutgers...

Reaction Score
This is a very old thread but or some reason I was reminded of it yesterday. On the first page a Rutgers fans says Rutgers was in talks with the Big Ten since September. This post was on 11/14. The move became official a week later. Just some food for thought...

Reaction Score
This is a very old thread but or some reason I was reminded of it yesterday. On the first page a Rutgers fans says Rutgers was in talks with the Big Ten since September. This post was on 11/14. The move became official a week later. Just some food for thought...

Why revive this thread for that? Is there something I haven't seen or heard regarding us and the B1G?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanDawg

Top Bottom