rumblings on Morgan NOT coming to UCONN | Page 3 | The Boneyard

rumblings on Morgan NOT coming to UCONN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
75% of this class has atleast 1 3*ranking form a site(rival/scout/espn/247). you can't tell me that this was the case in the past. things are getting better and changing, get on baord or wear red.

OK, I'll tell you this instead.....our up to date 2012 class has 16 of our 23 commits listed as 3 stars (roughly 70%). Our 2010 class had 17 of our 20 commits were rated 3 stars (85%). I used Rivals, Scout, and ESPN to gather this info (247 did not rate any of our prior classes, so I didn't use them).

Honestly, I know people want to be optimistic about recruiting, but I said this a week or so ago in another thread......if you're looking at our classes on paper only, very little to no difference at all. This year's class is being rounded out by a lot of 2nd and 3rd options. Not saying they won't turn out to be great players, but let's be real here about this.

I'm not dumping on the staff or the kids that committed to us. I'll be there tomorrow night at the Signing Day event with enthusiasm. Just pointing out the facts.

Reaction Score
My point was everyone always harped on RE's inability to close on the big fish near signing day. Earlier verbals, on paper, are not through the roof compared to Edsall's.

As for ibleed.....at least I had one. (grin)

PP isn't helped by the fact that we now play in Conference USA. Cuse and BC are in the ACC, it's going to be tougher to beat them for recruits going forward. Yes we all know that ACC sucks but it is more highly thought of than who we will be playing against in the coming years.

Based on our confence affiliation I am very happy with what P has done. Who knows what this class would look like if RE was still in charge.

Reaction Score
PP isn't helped by the fact that we now play in Conference USA. Cuse and BC are in the ACC, it's going to be tougher to beat them for recruits going forward. Yes we all know that ACC sucks but it is more highly thought of than who we will be playing against in the coming years.

Based on our confence affiliation I am very happy with what P has done. Who knows what this class would look like if RE was still in charge.

Thank God Randy didn't have to recruit against coaches telling recruits the Big East was going away. Oh wait....yes he did....

Next....

Reaction Score
OK, I'll tell you this instead.....our up to date 2012 class has 16 of our 23 commits listed as 3 stars (roughly 70%). Our 2010 class had 17 of our 20 commits were rated 3 stars (85%). I used Rivals, Scout, and ESPN to gather this info (247 did not rate any of our prior classes, so I didn't use them).

Honestly, I know people want to be optimistic about recruiting, but I said this a week or so ago in another thread......if you're looking at our classes on paper only, very little to no difference at all. This year's class is being rounded out by a lot of 2nd and 3rd options. Not saying they won't turn out to be great players, but let's be real here about this.

I'm not dumping on the staff or the kids that committed to us. I'll be there tomorrow night at the Signing Day event with enthusiasm. Just pointing out the facts.

If you compare each site individually year by year....this is the highest rated (on paper) class we have ever had since joining Division 1

Reaction Score
I think Coach P can close...BUT he needs the relationship built up between the member if his staff and the recruit before he can close! Guys like Cersosimo have NOT brought in 1 high profile recruit this yr...if I'm wrong please let me know and I will acknowledge it on here. For us to move forward in recruiting it may be time for P to upgrade the staff. Exactly what he should have done when he came here..bring in his own guys.

Reaction Score
Our 2010 class had 17 of our 20 commits were rated 3 stars (85%).

If Hemingway, Ashiru, and Campenni are included in that 3 star list P gets credit for them. All three were Pasqualoni recruits that he closed on in the final days in an effort to make "sportsart" happy.

Reaction Score
If Hemingway, Ashiru, and Campenni are included in that 3 star list P gets credit for them. All three were Pasqualoni recruits that he closed on in the final days in an effort to make "sportsart" happy.

Those are 2011 kids. I purposely did not compare this year's class to last year's for that very reason.

Reaction Score
recruits still to watch? asume morgan to su.
aj liddell- good size wr. 50/50 vandy/uconn
tevin shaw-hes a dobbs size rb
jevon tyree- hes a cb and it seems like went want 1 more.
kinsey- favored lville/cincy/wvu before our visit on 1/20.
armstrong- wild card

Now the shocker of this group would clearly be Tevin Shaw... Thought we were an afterthought for him...

Reaction Score

First off 3* players are generally not considered big fish unless they are holding PSU type offrs and we win out.

I guess you lack readimg comprehension as well. I never said I was unhappy with PP's recruitng. I was making a point to the people who know what I'm talking about. Obviously you aren't one of them.

I guess PP doesn't need years to build relationships with players if he only needed 5 weeks to pull in those 3 players.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
I think Coach P can close...BUT he needs the relationship built up between the member if his staff and the recruit before he can close! Guys like Cersosimo have NOT brought in 1 high profile recruit this yr...if I'm wrong please let me know and I will acknowledge it on here. For us to move forward in recruiting it may be time for P to upgrade the staff. Exactly what he should have done when he came here..bring in his own guys.

I think you will see that happen. But moves like that are made right after signing day. So if he is going to make a move like you suggest (which I agree with you on), then we will hear about it in a week or two. Hope that is the case.

Reaction Score
I think you will see that happen. But moves like that are made right after signing day. So if he is going to make a move like you suggest (which I agree with you on), then we will hear about it in a week or two. Hope that is the case.

Serious question-
Why do you say moves like that are made right after signing day? Is it so when they let go of the coach that recruited them the athlete cannot rescind LOI??

Reaction Score
I'm just glad this thread has devolved into another Edsall vs. Pasqualoni argument.

You know what is one bona fide, 100% accurate way in which Pasqualoni is far superior to Edsall? He's still our coach.

How many more months until actual football starts again?

Reaction Score
I got news for the clowns who like to hang their hat on the Fiesta bowl appearance, the 2010 team wasn't as good as the 2009 team that beat South Carolina and it was only marginally better (if better at all) than the 2004 team. We got a gift during a year that the conference was at its absolute worst. We were not even a top 30 team last year. Stop with the darn BCS appearance crap.

I don't care if she was drunk, we still tagged the hot girl at the bar... It counts all the same.
BCS!!!!!!

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score

i dont remember 2010 being that 3* heavy, but good looks on that, guess i'm not remembering things right. i seem to remember alot of 2* across the board kids. 247 did rate our prior classes, it was called rivals.
i will continue to include 247 in my stuff and also argue that the size/speed is on a different level. the places were getting kids from is getting better and the other bcs offers are there. new england kids are coming to uconn or leaving new england. we have been in to see alot of kids in dc and our fl connections are quickly paying off. we have what 7 fl kids now? and a couple that are ?'s prob going to juco. we have 4 nj kids, a db kid and our pa guys made the east/west 33 game thingy out there(sorry forget its catual name/details). milford/midwest jucos/fuma and so on down the line. heck xavier ct is friendly all of a sudden. PP walks into gyms RE couldn't even get directions to. give it time, but i'm 1 thats seeing it and the future will be better.

we have 25 commits, not 23(your missing shortell and the tex kid depending on what site your looking at)
and including 247 with the others 19 of our 25 have got 3*(i think thats 75% like i said). whitmer has a 4* on 247 and if jordan armstrong was ever a husky he would be a mized 3/4* as well. dobbs was a 3/4* also fwiw.

of our 2* guys-bryan/lainer/levy/marder are what they are. can't knock the bcs size and speed on them though.
puyol(top 25 national K) lets be real with him/williams(lost his 3* on rivals recently when we got a couple more commits). anyone else notice it? wonder if its a actual stats from the year thing or just keeping our class down.

once again a RE thread and even i joined into it. unreal.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Now the shocker of this group would clearly be Tevin Shaw... Thought we were an afterthought for him...

seems to be iowa bound he visited there last week, we did offer at one point. he has some good offers.

Reaction Score
I don't care if she was drunk, we still tagged the hot girl at the bar... It counts all the same.
BCS!!!!!!

That hot girl in the bar is claiming rape. She is also suing you for 3 million dollars. We did accomplish a very important thing with that game though, we made the powers that be realize the folly of the automatic qualifier.

Reaction Score
That hot girl in the bar is claiming rape. She is also suing you for 3 million dollars. We did accomplish a very important thing with that game though, we made the powers that be realize the folly of the automatic qualifier.

Do yourself a favor......please try to enjoy UConn football. I know it must hard for you, but please try.

Reaction Score
Do yourself a favor......please try to enjoy UConn football. I know it must hard for you, but please try.

Give me a break, go back and read what I have posted in this thread. I always have a positive outlook for our program. I was defending the current regime from idiotic attacks. Other people turned this into an Edsall vs P comparison not me. I will always defend P because he is our current coach. If Edsall were our current coach I would defend him. When I knocked the BCS appearance it was in the context of having higher aspirations for our program.

Reaction Score
seems to be iowa bound he visited there last week, we did offer at one point. he has some good offers.
Shaw committed to Iowa only to be told they no longer had a scholarship for him.

Reaction Score
Shaw committed to Iowa only to be told they no longer had a scholarship for him.

Wow thats rough. The nature of the beast that is College football recruiting. Sit too long on an offer and another prospect just like yourself has already snatched up your spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom