rumblings on Morgan NOT coming to UCONN | The Boneyard

rumblings on Morgan NOT coming to UCONN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
nothing set in stone yet ( on NSD ), but I can't say I'm surprised... If you look at Syracuse's commit list there's maybe one or 2 DB commits total... We loaded up...

Reaction Score
It appears it was a swing and a miss at all the "big" recruits.

I know that some say PP needed more time to build relationships with these kids. That's bull .

Take a look at other recruits who get snapped up after a few months of recruiting, or less, by other schools.

Apparently PP can't close either.

Reaction Score

I know that some say PP needed more time to build relationships with these kids. That's bull .

Take a look at other recruits who get snapped up after a few months of recruiting, or less, by other schools.

I used to think highly of you.

Pasqualoni has closed on a number of kids with multiple offers dating back to Ashiru and Hemingway, last season.

You aren't going to win them all. And winning a battle for a recruit in June, is no more important than winning a battle for a recruit in January.

Reaction Score
btw...as far as the "rankings" go, we already have 2 safeties rated higher than morgan. fwiw

Reaction Score

First off you shouldn't lie in a public forum. Can you tell me what part of my statement is wrong? It was based on the PPA's (PP Apologistas) comments.

Reaction Score
First off you shouldn't lie in a public forum. Can you tell me what part of my statement is wrong? It was based on the PPA's (PP Apologistas) comments.

I have edited the above post to reflect why I said what I said.

Reaction Score

Pasqualoni has closed on a number of kids with multiple offers dating back to Ashiru and Hemingway, last season.

You aren't going to win them all. And winning a battle for a recruit in June, is no more important than winning a battle for a recruit in January.

My point was everyone always harped on RE's inability to close on the big fish near signing day. Earlier verbals, on paper, are not through the roof compared to Edsall's.

As for ibleed.....at least I had one. (grin)

Reaction Score

(Sportsart, this isn't just directed at you, but people on here in general)

Seriously getting sick of this type of pessimistic drivel. Is this or isn't this one of the best, if not the best, class we have ever had? Whether you despise the **star** system or are obsessed with *******'s you have to admit this is a damn good class for a middle of the road BCS team following a 5-7 season!! Obviously I want Wayne Morgan in Husky Blue and White, but if he or any other recruit decides to play somewhere else, GOOD LUCK TO THEM!! I am thankful for the class we have and they WILL win plenty here.

If we have learned anything from our snooki friends, all the stars in the world doesn't mean jack**it if you can't win on the field. Would you really want a greasy used car salesman like Shiano??

This is UConn. A relatively young program on the upswing. In farm country in a small, cold state. We may NEVER be a program that can reel in the 4* or 5* star guys, but we will continue to WIN and that is all that matters. Isn't it?

So, please, can we just stop it with the whining and b*tching and be true loyal fans for a change.

Reaction Score
He always defended Edsall to a fault, but at least he was defending the UConn head coach when he did so.

Now he's spouting jibberish.

Apparently you have not read the many posts over the years that confirmed my statements. It's understandable you would think it's jibberish, with you being reasonably new.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score

On the Dez chat today, as he was signing off at the end, he said that there may be a big surprise in the class tomorrow. Damn tease! I wonder who it could be? Last minute change of heart for Golden maybe?:)

Reaction Score
My point was everyone always harped on RE's inability to close on the big fish near signing day. Earlier verbals, on paper, are not through the roof compared to Edsall's.

As for ibleed.....at least I had one. (grin)

Actually, as JNyce pointed out earlier this season, UConn started the regular season this year with the most verbals in the history of the program.

10 Rivals three stars is also the most 3 stars, in the history of the program.

We beat BC for Sylva. Penn State for Myers. KState and Maryland for Norris. We beat Cal for McNeal. Kansas for Gutierrez. Beat Iowa for Cochran. USF for Battles. Maryland for Floyd. Kentucky for Jhavon Williams. Apparently RU, Pitt and more for Hicks. We also beat FIU for a couple of Florida kids. Maybe you've heard about Mario Cristobal?

I think there is still room for improvement, but I think saying Pasqualoni can't close is ridiculous. On paper, it's amongst the best classes in UConn football history.

Reaction Score
Why is it some of you have reading and comprehension problems?

Please read this carefully.

When Randy did not close on the big fish near signing day he was labeled as a non closer. This is a fact.

Now it appears that PP struck out on the big fish near signing day.

I did not talk about the entire class so please stay focused.

Maybe, just maybe, it will always be hard to get the big fish to come to UConn. Time will tell and
I hope PP proves me wrong.

Reaction Score

Seriously getting sick of this pessimistic drivel. Is this or isn't this one of the best, if not the best, class we have ever had? Whether you despise the **star** system or are obsessed with *******'s you have to admit this is a damn good class for a middle of the road BCS team following a 5-7 season!! Obviously I want Wayne Morgan in Husky Blue and White, but if he or any other recruit decides to play somewhere else, GOOD LUCK TO THEM!! I am thankful for the class we have and they WILL win plenty here.

If we have learned anything from our snooki friends, all the stars in the world doesn't mean jack**it if you can't win on the field. Would you really want a greasy used car salesman like Shiano?? This is UConn. A relatively young program on the upswing. In farm country in a small, cold state. We may NEVER be a program that can reel in the 4* or 5* star guys, but we will continue to WIN and that is all that matters. Isn't it?

So, please, can we just stop it with the whining and b*tching and be a real fan for a change.

You are right, stars schmars...but the UConn 2007 class went to a BCS game. The standard has been set. And the coach did it 'with bad recruiting classes'. So what you said was we had a great coach. Rutgers recruiting much better but they cant win, our recruiting has sucked but won BE and went to BCS.

So, in four years time will tell. We might have the best recruiting class in UConn history, but it they dont win conference and go to BCS its on the Coach.
Players/stars means nothing.

Reaction Score

Seriously getting sick of this pessimistic drivel. Is this or isn't this one of the best, if not the best, class we have ever had?

I'll pull the actual substance out of your post and respond. Based on things like ratings and other offers, this class appears to be marginally better. The difference, if any, is not large.

Time will tell if P and his staff can spot and develop talent and potential, particularly where others may not see it, which is an area where Edsall and his staff excelled (which I include only because the comparison seems to be a big deal to everyone).

Reaction Score
On the Dez chat today, as he was signing off at the end, he said that there may be a big surprise in the class tomorrow. Damn tease! I wonder who it could be? Last minute change of heart for Golden maybe?:)

I sure hope you are right. To be clear to people
I want PP to succeed big time. I just wanted to point out to the people who knock Edsall it ain't easy to compete with the big boys near signing day.

Gotta try and get 'em early.

Reaction Score
Shakim Phillips was a four star recruit. 247 has Whitmer as a four star. So there you go....

Whitmer was a big get, you watch his video's and its obvious he can really throw the football, 3000 yards last year at the JUCO school. That's a recruit we do not get if Edsall were here. He's a pro style QB and Edsall does not run a pro style system. The kid had an offer from Stamford. Do you think Jim Harbaugh knows a little bit about the QB position?

Reaction Score
You are right, stars schmars...but the UConn 2007 class went to a BCS game.

And went 8-5 with losses to Temple and an awful Rutgers team. Gotta take the good with the bad . . . .

Reaction Score
You are right, stars schmars...but the UConn 2007 class went to a BCS game. The standard has been set. And the coach did it 'with bad recruiting classes'. So what you said was we had a great coach. Rutgers recruiting much better but they cant win, our recruiting has sucked but won BE and went to BCS.

So, in four years time will tell. We might have the best recruiting class in UConn history, but it they dont win conference and go to BCS its on the Coach.

Mostly agree with that, but we should mention that starting in 2013, if all goes according to planned, it's going to be a lot harder to make a BCS bowl in the Big East. We will be implementing a conference championship game.

Reaction Score

I am not sure what he meant by that, considering he really didnt answer one question asked of him on the board, now he suddenly knows something?

Reaction Score
Why is it some of you have reading and comprehension problems?

Please read this carefully.

When Randy did not close on the big fish near signing day he was labeled as a non closer. This is a fact.

Know it appears that PP struck out on the big fish near signing day.

I did not talk about the entire class so please stay focused.

Maybe, just maybe, it will always be hard to get the big fish to come to UConn. Time will tell and
I hope PP proves me wrong.

Sorry, man, but this point is relatively moot, since the average PP recruit is a bigger fish than Edsalls.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
Based on things like ratings and other offers, this class appears to be marginally better. The difference, if any, is not large.

The difference between this class and the past 8 recruiting classes is that we now have a QB who can run a D1 offense and will actually create a passing threat for our offense. That alone is a significant improvement over past classes.

If we just had a true QB in the past 6 years, I think we would be talking about multiple BCS games in our history. Our OL, RBs, and entire defense was stacked with real talent. Unfortunately, our lack of QB and quality WR play completely destroyed our teams in the past. With a true QB, we would have been so much better.

So time will tell...but if Cochran or Whitmer are legit D1 QBs, then that alone makes our recruiting significantly better than previous classes.

Reaction Score
And went 8-5 with losses to Temple and an awful Rutgers team. Gotta take the good with the bad . . . .

Agreed, but I think I would lose to Rutgers and Temple every year if it got us a BE Championship and BCS bid...its about Championships.

5-7 got us 15 less practices - which are vital since the cupboard was left bare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom