rumblings on Morgan NOT coming to UCONN | Page 2 | The Boneyard

rumblings on Morgan NOT coming to UCONN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Shakim Phillips was a four star recruit. 247 has Whitmer as a four star. So there you go....

So was Frazer, J Miller, Difton and I think Shoemate. That was not my point.

Near signing day, near signing day, near signing day.

Reaction Score
So was Frazer, J Miller, Difton and I think Shoemate. That was not my point.

Actually, there is no mention of that in your OP. You've since added that, after I pointed out that winning a recruiting battle is no less important in June than it is in January.

Reaction Score
I got news for the clowns who like to hang their hat on the Fiesta bowl appearance, the 2010 team wasn't as good as the 2009 team that beat South Carolina and it was only marginally better (if better at all) than the 2004 team. We got a gift during a year that the conference was at its absolute worst. We were not even a top 30 team last year. Stop with the darn BCS appearance crap.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score

So what your saying is that Coach PP is too good of a closer on top recruits? He should string along the recruitment for our maximum suspense and have them commit on Feb 1st?:rolleyes:

This argument is almost as ridiculous as the statement of a few weeks ago when someone said that a players stats were skewed by long runs....if you remove all of their big plays, then they don't have a very high average rushing yard statistic!:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I got news for the clowns who like to hang their hat on the Fiesta bowl appearance, the 2010 team wasn't as good as the 2009 team that beat South Carolina and it was only marginally better (if better at all) than the 2004 team. We got a gift during a year that the conference was at its absolute worst. We were not even a top 30 team last year. Stop with the darn BCS appearance crap.

BCS! BCS! BCS! BCS!

Reaction Score
Embrace our appearance, might be the only one ever...dont run from it. Dont appologize for it...it happened, it is history, accept it.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score

Should we put an asterix on the banner at The Rent so that no one mistakenly looks at the Fiesta Bowl banner and thinks we had a successful season?:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
So what your saying is that Coach PP is too good of a closer on top recruits? He should string along the recruitment for our maximum suspense and have them commit on Feb 1st?:rolleyes:

This argument is almost as ridiculous as the statement of a few weeks ago when someone said that a players stats were skewed by long runs....if you remove all of their big plays, then they don't have a very high average rushing yard statistic!:rolleyes:

Still no one gets what I am saying. People said Randy could not close on the big boys NEAR SIGNING DAY.

I said it appears PP can't either. Stop right there.

While I tend to agree it does not matter when you get them the bigger fish tend to wait longer until they commit.

If we get a surprise tommorow that's great. We've had a few late big fish commits under Randy.

My point through out this thread is neither coach has had great success near signing day....PP may improve over time so who knows.

Reaction Score

Depends on the Poll - UConn 25th in AP 25 week 15

http://espn.go.com/college-football/rankings/_/year/2010/week/15

Reaction Score
This board is really discouraging when a thread is started on a particular topic and heads off into bickering back and forth between posters.

I hope we can hall in Morgan. The more the merrier. Competition doesn't hurt, in fact it is present at all the top programs across the country.

Reaction Score
This board is really discouraging when a thread is started on a particular topic and heads off into bickering back and forth between posters.

I hope we can hall in Morgan. The more the merrier. Competition doesn't hurt, in fact it is present at all the top programs across the country.

You must be new here.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
sam old .....morgan to su seems to be it. we went to his house on wednesday so the staff knew, that why they had some local kids up this weekend who play that position. fater hearing the orginal chat things have died off with those couple guys. makes me wonder if there really is a suprise recruit/or atleast some 1 we havnt heard of thats going to be a husky.

Reaction Score
Still no one gets what I am saying. People said Randy could not close on the big boys NEAR SIGNING DAY.

I agree with another assessment somewhere in this whole discussion. This is the dumbest argument around here since the stats one about the long runs.

Reaction Score
What's more fun than a fan that craps on his own team's accomplishments?

Rutgers fans pound their chests over empty trophy cases. UConn fans find ways to apologize for the trophies. Pathetic.

Reaction Score
10 Rivals three stars is also the most 3 stars, in the history of the program.
quote]
Lets also include the 11 5.4 rated two * kids (Rivals), all of these kids are border 3*

typically our 2*'s would be the obligatory 5.2 or lower in their minds this year however most border on the next tier

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
75% of this class has atleast 1 3*ranking form a site(rival/scout/espn/247). you can't tell me that this was the case in the past. things are getting better and changing, get on baord or wear red.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
This is the best class we've ever had according to ESPNs rankings. ESPN has only had star ratings for two years, but if you look at kids ratings 70 or higher this is the most we've had.

Reaction Score
Morgan is most likely Cuse bound, he probably would fit in better with our aggresive scheme, but we'll be fine without him. Best of luck to him with the Cuse, no hard feelings.

Reaction Score
Morgan is most likely Cuse bound, he probably would fit in better with our aggresive scheme, but we'll be fine without him. Best of luck to him with the Cuse, no hard feelings.

He's got a friend that's on the Syracuse roster, that he's been close with since grade school, and have talked about playing together in college since they were kids playing streetball in Brooklyn. I hope they both finish their degrees up there, and do well against everybody but UConn.

I hope he enjoyed playing in Yankee stadium in his last high school game, because with Cuse leaving the big east, he probably won't ever get the opportunity to play a college game there again.

Reaction Score
75% of this class has atleast 1 3*ranking form a site(rival/scout/espn/247). you can't tell me that this was the case in the past. things are getting better and changing, get on baord or wear red.

You sum it up perfectly. And just like professional league drafts its all a crap shoot. Who knows what these kids turn into. Only time will tell. Don't read into the ratings too much. it's what they do on the field for the next 3-5 years that really matters.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
recruits still to watch? asume morgan to su.
aj liddell- good size wr. 50/50 vandy/uconn
tevin shaw-hes a dobbs size rb
jevon tyree- hes a cb and it seems like went want 1 more.
kinsey- favored lville/cincy/wvu before our visit on 1/20.
armstrong- wild card

Reaction Score
This is UConn. A relatively young program on the upswing. In farm country in a small, cold state. We may NEVER be a program that can reel in the 4* or 5* star guys, but we will continue to WIN and that is all that matters. Isn't it?

Now who's being pessimistic? If we can do it in bball, why not in football? I think we will get there, dammit! The brand name will start to carry!

Reaction Score
Now who's being pessimistic? If we can do it in bball, why not in football? I think we will get there, dammit! The brand name will start to carry!
well, when you cut one small bit out of several paragraphs.............;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom