Report: UConn Going To Big East For 2020-2021 Season | Page 35 | The Boneyard

Report: UConn Going To Big East For 2020-2021 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banta55

Hoops since 86"
Reaction Score
Not so sure I agree w that. When I passed on what I heard from the Prov guy, who is very real and very connected, he damn near called me a fool.

Who’s the fool now?
Fishy was his usual condescending, arrogant self...Must have been picked on as a kid..Boneyard tough guy

Reaction Score
Proactive. UCF, Cincinnati and Houston are heading to P5s soon.

None of them are going to the P5. They might go to a reconstituted rump B12 absent Texas and OU but they aren't going to a P5 conference. They don't add enough value to justify the add.

Reaction Score
If Army signs on, Navy may follow. Add UMass. Nova upgrades. Perhaps Temple bails and joins the Big East in all sports. That's six for a small football conference.
Nova won't want Temple in the BE.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Nova won't want Temple in the BE.
Nova would want their own FCS team in the conference if we tried to create some big east/land of misfits football conference.

Reaction Score
Recruiting will be worse. The so-called Big East is a small-time conference. Uconn waved the white flag on big-time athletics today.
You can be pissed about the football program but it’s stupid to say this will hurt recruiting in basketball. Kids would rather play in the big east, it’s just a fact. Recruiting wasn’t what dug UConn in this hole anyway, but it will be easier to get top 50 types now.

We haven’t even found out the football team’s fate, but it’s good to know we have so many geniuses here that know for a fact that UConn is killing itself. If only you were in charge of the athletic department.

We’ll see how the next few years go.

Reaction Score
Even if you are not happy about this move, how can you not be excited about the fact that for ONCE, we actually were in control of where we landed. Our leadership finally got off their butts and did something proactive instead of wasting away in the abyss of not knowing where our next destination is.
Yes, and we finally kicked ESPN to the curb!! We showed that we're willing to walk away, shows self-respect and earns respect from others. Let's see what FOX and SNY can do for us!

Reaction Score
For the people who think they are going to shut down the football program, what do you think they're going to do? Bulldoze The Rent? Be serious. Football is going nowhere. And they wouldn't have done this if they didn't know they can stay D1. I assume they have a plan for football even beyond that. And only when they secured a plan for football did they decide they could go ahead and do this for basketball. I mean they may be dumb but they're not THAT dumb.

I guess this is the big unanswered question. And for the Hoops only contingent, it DOES matter how this plays out.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It's not the same Big East. No powerful schools such as Syracuse, Boston College, Miami, Virginia Tech, Pitt, WVU, and Notre Dame. At least.

If Army takes our spot in the AAC, that would not be a good look for us, except the chance to show that a successful, ahem, northeast program can be possible.
We're talking basketball you included BCU as a power school? Really? ND and 'cuse might be the only two who fit that bill.

Reaction Score
I'm more concerned with baseball ending up in a worse spot and Stunning Steve's sanity if he can't talk up the AAC anymore. UConn Football could not exist and I don't think 99% of UConn fans would care

Guess I’m in the 1%. I really care. When UConn football was InTheir 3rd or 4th year at the Rent we could fill the stadium or close to it. When UConn mbb plays a good team they can get 16+ thousand at the XL Center. Even if 16 thousand of those fans were mbb fand that still leaves 23 or more fb fans than B.B. fans. We have had season tickets for many years for fb! Never for B.B. I get better seats at the fb a lot cheaper than I can get decent seats in the lower level at the XL. Don’t get me wrong I love UConn B.B. and try to get to a game but that’s it.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Sooo happy husky logo? Maybe only on occasion?

GoDAWGS

"I Love Whaley"
Reaction Score
Thread is being brigaded by salty football fans. I bet this move polls 80%+ positive with Uconn sports fans at-large.
[/QUOTE]
All of my friends who are so alumni are pumped

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member