Report: UConn Going To Big East For 2020-2021 Season | Page 34 | The Boneyard

Report: UConn Going To Big East For 2020-2021 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Rumor is Army is going to AAC as a football only.
Plus another BB only school.
The queue will be a mile long including BE schools.
I think you mean FSB , FCS is the old Div 1A ,
This is a dumb move , but not unexpected.
Re- Higher Randy was a big clue.
The rumor, more accurately, is that AAC wants Army as football only. Exactly zero Big East schools will attempt to become basketball only schools for the AAC.

Reaction Score
It's not the same Big East. No powerful schools such as Syracuse, Boston College, Miami, Virginia Tech, Pitt, WVU, and Notre Dame. At least.
Yes exactly. Big East in name only.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
I knew this was coming, posted on this over and over and attacked last Spring by Stunning Steve & crew when I maintained joining the NBE was our future and in our best interest. Here's why.

1. Restores our NE recruiting advantage which year in and out has a bounty of kids who know how to play, have great to elite athleticism and can flat out hoop.

2. Of all AAC schools membership is least beneficial to UConn.

Travel: Notwithstanding Temple, the remaining schools are all hikes. Long flight travel, having to play and turnaround and do it again is a grind. Those travel miles wear hard on players physically and mentally and undoubtedly contribute to losses. Mostly a mental grinding in my opinion.

No geographical rivalries: Recruiting, recruiting, relationships, relatuonships, recruiting, recruiting.

Easy to lose your way: Back on the map for all of New England, NYC, and the Atlantic Coast. Respect SNY but New England and Atlantic Coast media were disincentivized following AAC membership. I lived in Philly until 2016 and I can tell you outside of us busting up Temple and Nova in the 2014 tournament there was no Philadelphia metro media coverage for UConn. I will say local high-school players and those in recruiting circles think well of us though.

3. I got killed when I said a relocation of AAC headquarters southward suggested a conference shift away from the value assigned to UConn by the conference Exhibit A: Aresco and Co. media contract. Take it or leave it deal for us.

Reaction Score
If Army signs on, Navy may follow. Add UMass. Nova upgrades. Perhaps Temple bails and joins the Big East in all sports. That's six for a small football conference.

Reaction Score
Everyone join me in hating Creighton now! They are the absolute worst. Cheaters, players are punks, and rich entitled preppy fans in sweater vests.

Not sure how one can hate a school that has a Dollar Beer Night....

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
If Army signs on, Navy may follow. Add UMass. Nova upgrades. Perhaps Temple bails and joins the Big East in all sports. That's six for a small football conference.
Add BYU too right? A little far away but they’re looking for a home.

Reaction Score
Very doubtful Temple would leave what they have now in the AAC for whatever concoction gets put together in Northeast football. They've had success in the AAC and a fertile recruiting ground within their home state.

Reaction Score
Even if you are not happy about this move, how can you not be excited about the fact that for ONCE, we actually were in control of where we landed. Our leadership finally got off their butts and did something proactive instead of wasting away in the abyss of not knowing where our next destination is.

Reaction Score
What? Temple would leave when they've had great success. Sure.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Everyone join me in hating Creighton now! They are the absolute worst. Cheaters, players are punks, and rich entitled preppy fans in sweater vests.
But Omaha is actually pretty cool.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Even if you are not happy about this move, how can you not be excited about the fact that for ONCE, we actually were in control of where we landed. Our leadership finally got off their butts and did something proactive instead of wasting away in the abyss of not knowing where our next destination is.
Proactive. UCF, Cincinnati and Houston are heading to P5s soon.
We will be taking the American conferences only NC's with us, gotta love that.
wasnt UCF awarded a national championship? lol...

Reaction Score
Proactive. UCF, Cincinnati and Houston are heading to P5s soon.

wasnt UCF awarded a national championship? lol...
UCF maybe, but Cincy and Houston have no shot. OSU will not let Cincy join the Big 10, and they are never going to the ACC. Houston has no shot with the Big 12 because of Texas, and the SEC will pluck Oklahoma or Texas before it takes Houston.

UConn is #4 on that list - Big 10 made it VERY clear that they don't think we have the NYC market which is why they took freaking Rutgers over us. The ACC has made it clear twice now that we are never getting in because BC will always veto, and FSU/Clemson has verbally said that they will bolt if the league adds UConn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom