Report: UConn Going To Big East For 2020-2021 Season | Page 33 | The Boneyard

Report: UConn Going To Big East For 2020-2021 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Agreed I think UC fits the B12 better anyways and out of the schools you listed I think UC has been the most consistent with regard to football and basketball. If UC could keep a football coach lol.... I’m hoping Fickell sticks around
Fickell is really good. I think he sticks around unless Ryan Day falls on his face.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
I know but only once and it’s not in conference play... and Hurley is already hated.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Lol, a team is what its record says it is. A network is what its ratings says it is. Hey we'll soon all be in the same sheetacular boat.

UconnU

Reaction Score
It will be double round robin we will both play everyone in conference home and away once a year.

Reaction Score
It will be double round robin we will both play everyone in conference home and away once a year.
I think he means he thinks it's going to blossom into a rivalry

Reaction Score
I selfishly like the move back to the big east..... I hate to see the Cincy rivalry end because it became such a great game to go to with my fellow UC alum. However it also allows me to not feel awkward rooting against my alma mater every time UConn came here. It allowed me to finally see UConn basketball live and I’ll always be glad that happened after dreaming of seeing the Huskies as a kid.

It also allows me to go to more road games. I will be at every Xavier, DePaul and Butler game from here on out whereas I was only able to see the UC game each year
Fellow UC alum, going to miss seeing UConn playing @ UC, but couldn’t be happier for the move. Both as a Cincy resident & UConn fan, there is nothing attractive about the AAC (long term). Everyone keeps talking about the “next move”, and we found ours before the mass exodus.

Let Hurley do Hurley and enjoy the success!

Reaction Score
I'm so excited. I've grown up in the American and I've never gotten to see UConn play in the Big East. Closest I've gotten to seeing that is watching Kemba's game winner against Pitt on youtube 10 times every month. Chills. Let's go!

UconnU

Reaction Score
Big day for that one Uconn twitter account that operated as an anti-AAC agitator for the past 7 years. No escalators I think the account name is.

Reaction Score
Uconn working with Indy schools and other big east schools to create new G5 type FCS football conference? Uconn, Umass, BYU, Army, Nova....
Rumor is Army is going to AAC as a football only.
Plus another BB only school.
The queue will be a mile long including BE schools.
I think you mean FSB , FCS is the old Div 1A ,
This is a dumb move , but not unexpected.
Re- Higher Randy was a big clue.

Reaction Score
I'm so excited. I've grown up in the American and I've never gotten to see UConn play in the Big East. Closest I've gotten to seeing that is watching Kemba's game winner against Pitt on youtube 10 times every month. Chills. Let's go!
It's not the same Big East. No powerful schools such as Syracuse, Boston College, Miami, Virginia Tech, Pitt, WVU, and Notre Dame. At least.

If Army takes our spot in the AAC, that would not be a good look for us, except the chance to show that a successful, ahem, northeast program can be possible.

Reaction Score
The next round of expansion will be the leftovers of the Big 12 adding members.

If they are forced to take Houston or Memphis or such schools, they are going to get creamed with their new contract. They are not adding markets with those schools.

Obviously, the current B12 schools don't see any value with what's out there or they would have added a few years ago. BUT, if they are forced to add, they will add complete wipeouts in terms of interest or markets. These are schools that are not worth more than $5-6m a year to the conference.
Uh. Houston is the 4th largest city in the US.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom