Rent improvements | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Rent improvements

Status
Not open for further replies.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Be very grateful we can at least get a beer at the stadium. And that we have a sam adams stand and some other quality beers in addition to swill. Florida sate and many on campus stadiums do not serve alcohol at all. Many sec teams like auburn are dry. Usf at Raymond James has crap. I think it was miller light and I couldn't find anything better. My point being our stadium is good in the beer department so support it when you go. Doesn't hurt to have a few to keep the parki g lot buzz goi g

Get off the beer...This applies to all concessions...

Reaction Score
Get off the beer...This applies to all concessions...
Neva!!

As for all concession s. stress quality over price. Have an outback chick fil a or five guys or pepis pizza stand in there. People will rather pay for quality. If u want cheapie quick eats. Hot dogs and popcorn.

Reaction Score
Be very grateful we can at least get a beer at the stadium. And that we have a sam adams stand and some other quality beers in addition to swill. Florida sate and many on campus stadiums do not serve alcohol at all. Many sec teams like auburn are dry. Usf at Raymond James has crap. I think it was miller light and I couldn't find anything better. My point being our stadium is good in the beer department so support it when you go. Doesn't hurt to have a few to keep the parki g lot buzz goi g
When I was at UT, Neyland Stadium did not have beer or any alcohol. Apparently state law precluded the consumption of alcohol on state property. That said, there were a lot of flasks filled with Tennessee sippin' whiskey in those stands. I used to bring two!

Reaction Score

I spent the entire time at USF trying to sober up during the game...didn't know what they served (other than water).

Reaction Score
When I was at UT, Neyland Stadium did not have beer or any alcohol. Apparently state law precluded the consumption of alcohol on state property. That said, there were a lot of flasks filled with Tennessee sippin' whiskey in those stands. I used to bring two!
I hope it was jack Daniels!

Reaction Score
I hope it was jack Daniels!
Always Black Jack or George Dickle another TN brand. The toughest games were the 4:00 national tv games. We would start in the dorm about noon with brews and deli's. Deli's to the uninitiated were a local specialty in Knoxville. They were in effect a grinder, but usually just meat, cheese, mustard, mayo, whatever. I don't remember veggies being involved other than maybe tomatoes or saurkraut. They would prepare the sandwich and put it in a "steamer". It was an appliance that heated/toasted the sandwich, but also had a pump that when pressed occasionally would spray a mist of water on the sandwich so that it didn't toast up, but was warm and moist when eaten. A lot of beer along with the deli and chips and we were armed for bear. Of course we had our flasks of whiskey with us at the game. Then when the game ended we would head over to The Strip which was a portion of Cumberland Ave. that ran through campus. From about 8:00 on we would party on The Strip. 12 hours of drinking on Saturday led to a wicked hangover on Sunday! The worst weekend I had there was when Bama came to town. The partying for that game started on Friday night and continued unabated through Saturday--and we lost on Saturday afternoon! If UT had beaten Bama I can't even begin to imagine how crazy it would have been. Those were the days in the SEC. The Bear coaching Bama and Shug Jordan at Auburn. True legends of the game.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
My college apt used to have a funnel-in/funnel-out rule. That would make things interesting. The Cyclone Mascot would have been plucked clean.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
Always Black Jack or George Dickle another TN brand. The toughest games were the 4:00 national tv games. We would start in the dorm about noon with brews and deli's. Deli's to the uninitiated were a local specialty in Knoxville. They were in effect a grinder, but usually just meat, cheese, mustard, mayo, whatever. I don't remember veggies being involved other than maybe tomatoes or saurkraut. They would prepare the sandwich and put it in a "steamer". It was an appliance that heated/toasted the sandwich, but also had a pump that when pressed occasionally would spray a mist of water on the sandwich so that it didn't toast up, but was warm and moist when eaten. A lot of beer along with the deli and chips and we were armed for bear. Of course we had our flasks of whiskey with us at the game. Then when the game ended we would head over to The Strip which was a portion of Cumberland Ave. that ran through campus. From about 8:00 on we would party on The Strip. 12 hours of drinking on Saturday led to a wicked hangover on Sunday! The worst weekend I had there was when Bama came to town. The partying for that game started on Friday night and continued unabated through Saturday--and we lost on Saturday afternoon! If UT had beaten Bama I can't even begin to imagine how crazy it would have been. Those were the days in the SEC. The Bear coaching Bama and Shug Jordan at Auburn. True legends of the game.
Sounds like you know Knoxville. I'm going o have to hit you up in a few years because I'm planning on road tripping that game

Reaction Score
Sounds like you know Knoxville. I'm going o have to hit you up in a few years because I'm planning on road tripping that game
I haven't been there in years. My understanding is a lot of the old independent restaurants and businesses have been replaced by chains. I would guess the strip is still worth checking out though. I'm hoping to go to that game to. My brother lives in the Atlanta suburbs so I may go there and drive up for the game. Who knows that's a few years off. Speaking of chains the original Ruby Tuesday was on The Strip by UT. It was started by a 22 year old UT student who was given the seed money from an employer. It was in what was an old house not the cookie cutter design they have now. Great ambience. However, I just checked and although the building is still there, the Ruby Tueday's is gone. Probably to relocated to some cookie cutter building elsewhere in Knoxville. Alas, change for the sake of change.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I am so excited to see the new scoreboard and ribbon boards!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
At the recent soccer game, we were told by security to pull our pop-up tent in closer to our car. Our reaction was "WTF are you talking about?" The tent was in the exact same place it's always been for the last 10 years. two legs on the edge of the grass.. The answer was that they want to keep the row clear for "emergency access in case someone has a heart attack." At the time, we had the only tent in the row. Later the supervisor came by, we could tell because his shirt said "Supervisor", and he said it's always been a rule but they are going to start enforcing it now. That crap isn't going to fly for football. I hope they rethink. Also, concessions were a disaster. They seemed surprised people wanted to buy food and water. The lines were massive and slow all night and they ran out of basics just after halftime, it seemed.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
At the recent soccer game, we were told by security to pull our pop-up tent in closer to our car. Our reaction was "WTF are you talking about?" The tent was in the exact same place it's always been for the last 10 years. two legs on the edge of the grass.. The answer was that they want to keep the row clear for "emergency access in case someone has a heart attack." At the time, we had the only tent in the row. Later the supervisor came by, we could tell because his shirt said "Supervisor", and he said it's always been a rule but they are going to start enforcing it now. That crap isn't going to fly for football. I hope they rethink. Also, concessions were a disaster. They seemed surprised people wanted to buy food and water. The lines were massive and slow all night and they ran out of basics just after halftime, it seemed.
I know the concessions folk are volunteers, but I've never seen concessions served up that slow. Anywhere. Ever. And that was only 25k people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score

It was just that guy in the lot. We weren't hassled at all. Guy a few cars down had an open flame hibachi. Fire hazard aside, I thought he was nuts tending fire in 100 degree weather.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
It was the initial guy and his supervisor. Perhaps my passionate, yet respectful, questioning of his sanity improved the experience for others who came later. I'm not sure this is a dead issue.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I was told this about emergency lanes when the Rent first opened. However haven't heard it since. They may have just been concerned because it was 100º and they might actually need to get to folks due to heat? Not sure.

Also, isn't parking run by a separate company (LAZ?) so that shouldn't be affected by change of management at Rent?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Dooley

Reaction Score
We're only like 8 years behind on the ribbon board bandwagon but they'll be nice.

I'm sure that's because we had to monitor the ribbon board landscape first.

Dooley

Reaction Score
As for tailgating, we discovered that parking in the first blue lot (first blue lot on the left entering Silver Lane) is MUCH better. More room to tailgate, no rocks to twist my ankles, easier to get out after the game, and, best of all, less bathroom competition. We've been tailgating there for years now and will never go back to gravel valley!

Reaction Score
Where is the aircraft club?
Doggie,
Its a recreational area between Clement and Silver Lane, lots of ball fields. The old BE tailgating guide run by the Cuse guy always recommended it for visitors. Use to cost 10 bucks and its pretty close to the stadium. Easy in/out. On the scoreboard /UConn sideish side of the Rent

Reaction Score
I would rec Silva's but I don't want my spot getting blown up too much.

Reaction Score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374527793.885501.jpg

Boom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads