Rent improvements | The Boneyard

Rent improvements

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Has anyone else seen the announcement that the State ponied up monies for the Rent yesterday? Of course the allocation request will need to go through the Bonding Committee, but hopefully that should just be a formality...

“The legislature approved $3 million for improvements to the Stadium at Rentschler Field in East Hartford. The largest portion, $2 million, will go towards a new score board, which is expected to be in place before the start of the fall 2013 football season. The balance of the remaining funds will be used for upgrading concessions, lighting and the locker rooms.”

Reaction Score
Sweet!

Maybe throw in a powerwash for the bleachers.

Reaction Score
Score board was definitely due for an upgrade. Sweet!

Reaction Score
Score board was definitely due for an upgrade. Sweet!
Actually I wonder if they are putting a real scoreboard behind the student section. That one sucks!

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Anyone know what size/quality scoreboard one can get for $2 mill? Doesn't sound like it's gonna blow us away. Then again I'm not in the market for a scoreboard so I haven't looked into pricing. :p

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
2 million is a lot of coin. If I had to guess, the one there now is probably a 500k, joint. Should be a nice new touch.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Found this here:

The State Board of Education on Wednesday approved Boise State’s $2 million plan to purchase a video board that will be approximately 60 feet wide by 33 feet tall. It includes sound baskets and permanent advertising panels on the top and bottom.

Pretty solid sized video board.

Also found this list...interesting the teams NOT on the list:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_largest_scoreboards_in_NCAA_college_football

Penn State, BC, Syracuse, Maryland, Virginia Tech just to name a few. UConn is tied with UNC at 70

Read more here: http://blogs.idahostatesman.com/bronco-stadium-to-get-33-foot-by-60-foot-video-board/#storylink=cpy

Reaction Score
Has anyone else seen the announcement that the State ponied up monies for the Rent yesterday? Of course the allocation request will need to go through the Bonding Committee, but hopefully that should just be a formality...

“The legislature approved $3 million for improvements to the Stadium at Rentschler Field in East Hartford. The largest portion, $2 million, will go towards a new score board, which is expected to be in place before the start of the fall 2013 football season. The balance of the remaining funds will be used for upgrading concessions, lighting and the locker rooms.”

Nothing earmarked for major DJ booth upgrades? Can't expect that B10 invite without a top-shelf DJ operation.

Reaction Score
2 million is a lot of coin. If I had to guess, the one there now is probably a 500k, joint. Should be a nice new touch.

The original cost $1m when installed in 2003

I'd like to see them add some ribbon boards btwn first and second tier.

Reaction Score
This will be a fantastic scoreboard. The guy who ran the stadium project told me in 2011 that our scoreboard needed replacement as it had a 7 year lifespan--but money (what else) was the issue. You may recall he said the plans called for many more sections of blue chairbacks but they spent more on the sound system and cut back on seating. The new video board cost $1M he said and the video screen alone took up the same space we have now for the entire scoreboard. The score/down/distance info would be below the video screen. Now, with this $2M figure and given our low inflation rate, it sounds like they are doing something even bigger and better-- HD, huge and awesome.

Reaction Score
35 million for the XL center for new improvements? wtf the've been renovating that hell hole for 5 years.
this legislature needs to go.

this state is financially doomed

Reaction Score
35 million for the XL center for new improvements? wtf the've been renovating that hell hole for 5 years.
this legislature needs to go.

this state is financially doomed

Is that 35m not going towards an on-campus hockey rink?

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
This is GREAT news. Hopefully they'll also upgrade the Better Bedding sports bloopers that show poor Tommy Lasorda getting knocked over by a flying bat in an All Star Game.

"Upgrading concessions" = Dairy Bar??? God, I hope so. My throat could always use some soothing ice cream at halftime.

Reaction Score
replacing the big scoreboard is fine but there should be way more than only 2 places in the stadium where you can see time remaining in quarter and 40 second clock. .Just let the guys who put in the nice multiple scoreboards in Gampel do their thing.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
None of these things matter at all without a fan base. They are nice things to do. But would you rather have 42k for all games with temp bleachers or 35k and a scoreboard paint job? There priorities are messed up because they don't get it. Dressing up a pig.... Take the 2mil and put it in a bank account titled on campus stadium 2025. Take 20k and make a sweet commercial and pump it. The rest pay to some 5 star recruit and let's get on with a offseason without news because the school doesn't know how college football works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom