Rent improvements | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Rent improvements

Status
Not open for further replies.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Nothing earmarked for major DJ booth upgrades? Can't expect that B10 invite without a top-shelf DJ operation.

This is the best DJ Booth upgrade we could pray for....

thCA2DN2OT.jpg

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
As a scoreboard nerd (its part of my profession), I am very excited.

The new Boise board will be over four times the size of the current board.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
As a scoreboard nerd (its part of my profession), I am very excited.

The new Boise board will be over four times the size of the current board.

As a self-proclaimed scoreboard nerd I hereby nominate you to teach PP how they work. Not sure he's grasping the highest score wins concept and he sure as sh-it doesn't know what the three red dots next to "TO" or this mean:

40_Sec_PlayClock_2002301.jpg

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Thought maybe governor studderface would get me own toilet next to my seat with all the money their spending,all kidding aside all this is good news scoreboard is long overdue now if the scoreboard would only show us winning ever game.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
This is the best DJ Booth upgrade we could pray for....

View attachment 3076

Good stuff, but I also hope they turn his mic off. Otherwise he'll be like the Wizard of Oz behind the booth and who knows what stupid crap he'll say/play with no threats of a cold bubbly hurled at him.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
This is happening. All around the bowl.

I love the look of these! Would love for this ribbon board to tell fans it's okay to make noise on 1st and 2nd downs too. We don't have to wait for Axl Rose to give us permission to disrupt visiting team offenses!

Reaction Score
I believe you are wrong.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
Why is wide open in the front and filled with a camera during the game?

I believe it is both. The few times I've glanced up at that dummy I've noticed a TV camera up there as well.

Reaction Score
The may have stuck a DJ in there. But it loses the reason it was built if you cover it over.

Reaction Score
$35m for HCC should be spent kicking the money bags out of the center court seats and filling those seats with fans that care.

Reaction Score
Ugh.

As part of its bid earlier this year to manage the XL Center, Global said possible improvement could include premium suites lower in the arena, an increasingly popular choice in sports arenas bring spectators closer to the action.
“Loge” seating — not as expansive as the suites — also is possible. This type of seating typically includes four to six seats with partitions for privacy, also lower in the arena.

Just great.

Reaction Score
Why is wide open in the front and filled with a camera during the game?

I got a pretty good view from 103 into the booth. I typically see a dipshyt screaming into a microphone. Maybe he is more noticeable than the camera.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
Is that 35m not going towards an on-campus hockey rink?
That isn't even vaguely related. It is part of the deal with the new operator. The State pays for certain upgrades to the various infrastructure and Global Spectrum is on the hook to provide another $2.7 million in upgrades from its own funds. I believe they will invest further private capital over the course of the contract. That was always going to be spent even if you and I managed the place.

Reaction Score
None of these things matter at all without a fan base. They are nice things to do. But would you rather have 42k for all games with temp bleachers or 35k and a scoreboard paint job? There priorities are messed up because they don't get it. Dressing up a pig.... Take the 2mil and put it in a bank account titled on campus stadium 2025. Take 20k and make a sweet commercial and pump it. The rest pay to some 5 star recruit and let's get on with a offseason without news because the school doesn't know how college football works.

That 5-Star recruit wants his replays on the big new scoreboard.

Reaction Score
Upstater's right. We need to have more loud fans up close instead of less fans with more distractions.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Upstater's right. We need to have more loud fans up close instead of less fans with more distractions.

The fans in the good seats at XL actually did a nice job this year. The facts don't square with what you guys are saying.

Reaction Score
The fans in the good seats at XL actually did a nice job this year. The facts don't square with what you guys are saying.

I hope, that the athletic department is smart enough to keep track of the demographics of their regular ticket buyers. By eye test, I think that that the XL crowd for basketball games is actually getting younger in the lower bowl.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
Ugh.

As part of its bid earlier this year to manage the XL Center, Global said possible improvement could include premium suites lower in the arena, an increasingly popular choice in sports arenas bring spectators closer to the action.
“Loge” seating — not as expansive as the suites — also is possible. This type of seating typically includes four to six seats with partitions for privacy, also lower in the arena.

Just great.

Damnit.

Who do we have to maim or torture in the UConn marketing department to get them to realize that COLLEGIATE sports are successful because of the COLLEGIATE atsmophere? How hard is this to grasp? Loge seating? More indifferent bigwigs up front? Pffffffft.

Another memo to Warde:

Forget about making more money for a second: UConn needs to make more DIEHARD FANS, and right now. And those potential diehard fans - the ones who buy lifelong season tickets, make donations forever and will become the hardcore Huskies fanbase of the future - have been sitting right under your nose all the time. Check that, they've been sitting behind you and above you in the nosebleeds, expending double the energy they should have to: both cheering their heads off for their Huskies and exhorting the bigwigs down in front (the ones that actually show up to the games, that is) to at least try to get involved in the action.

This is wrong. Dead wrong.

This is the kids' school. It's their time to enjoy the college experience. The AD needs to cater to them as much as possible, because it will pay off in spades in the future. Just like the state just pumped $1.5 billion into UConn's future, UConn should do the same for it's athletic future and put these kids as close to the court as possible. And when they become the bigwigs, UConn athletics will never have to fret over money or fan support ever again.

Look, if we're talking about the Better Bedding Huskies sponsored by Dunkin' Donuts, then sure, add the loge boxes and all that priority seating crap. But last time I checked the jerseys still say 'UCONN', and the best sponsors that UConn can ever hope to have are currently up in those nosebleed seats - every season, every game, cheering their heads off.

UConn Athletics needs to invest in itself for once, and do it before it's too late...

Reaction Score
Damnit.

Who do we have to maim or torture in the UConn marketing department to get them to realize that COLLEGIATE sports are successful because of the COLLEGIATE atsmophere? How hard is this to grasp? Loge seating? More indifferent bigwigs up front? Pffffffft.

Another memo to Warde:

Forget about making more money for a second: UConn needs to make more DIEHARD FANS, and right now. And those potential diehard fans - the ones who buy lifelong season tickets, make donations forever and will become the hardcore Huskies fanbase of the future - have been sitting right under your nose all the time. Check that, they've been sitting behind you and above you in the nosebleeds, expending double the energy they should have to: both cheering their heads off for their Huskies and exhorting the bigwigs down in front (the ones that actually show up to the games, that is) to at least try to get involved in the action.

This is the kids' school. It's their time to enjoy the college experience. The AD needs to cater to them as much as possible, because it will pay off in spades in the future. Just like the state just pumped $1.5 billion into UConn's future, UConn should do the same for it's athletic future and put these kids as close to the court as possible. And when they become the bigwigs, UConn athletics will never have to fret over money or fan support ever again.

Look, if we're talking about the Better Bedding Huskies sponsored by Dunkin' Donuts then sure, add the loge boxes and priority seating crap. But last time I checked, the jerseys still say 'UCONN' and the best sponsors that UConn can ever hope to have are mostly up in those nosebleed seats, every season, every game, cheering their heads off.

UConn Athletics needs to invest in itself for once, and do so before it's too late...

UConn athletics isn't making this decision. It's the XL management.

UConn has difficulty here in that the state manages 2 of its main sport facilities.

Reaction Score
Damnit.

Another memo to Warde:

Look, if we're talking about the Better Bedding Huskies sponsored by Dunkin' Donuts then sure, add the loge boxes and priority seating crap. But last time I checked, the jerseys still say 'UCONN' and the best sponsors that UConn can ever hope to have are mostly up in those nosebleed seats, every season, every game, cheering their heads off.

UConn Athletics needs to invest in itself for once, and do so before it's too late...

I don't necessarily disagree, but the problem is... how much sway does UConn have over this? Other than threatening not to play games there, this is a State decision for a state owned facility? This isn't being done just for UConn games - but for AHL hockey, concerts, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom