Remaining 2024 uncommitted | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Remaining 2024 uncommitted

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Did Wilson wait until the spring? I don't think Ionescu was interested in Connecticut at all.
Wasn't Wilson the one that waited til spring, and Geno was caught on a hot mic during a championship parade saying "she's not coming here"?

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Thanks! I didn't recall that at all. In hindsight, it seems strange that the local kid--who now has a statue of herself on campus--needed extra time to decide on South Carolina.
You have to remember that SC in 2014 was not the same as SC in 2023. Wilson was seriously considering UNC and Tennessee, both programs were better than SC at the time.

I’d be willing to bet the decision would be much easier for Wilson today.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
You have to remember that SC in 2014 was not the same as SC in 2023. Wilson was seriously considering UNC and Tennessee, both programs were better than SC at the time.

I’d be willing to bet the decision would be much easier for Wilson today.

True! S.C. was 3 years away from a championship--the one won by Morgan William. ;)

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Unless there are secret commit/NLIs out there, here are the BY guesses by school for each uncommitted player.

1700666112290.png

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Unless there are secret commit/NLIs out there, here are the BY guesses by school for each uncommitted player.

View attachment 93306
Thanks.
I can't envision a "secret" NLI at this juncture. Isn't that an NCAA document? Maybe hush hust for a day or two, but can it even be secret? As for the secret commitment, why bother? The next formal National Letter of Intent isn't until April, so it gives prospects time to think over their thoughts on schools they were considering and then possibly think of others. They could examine how the transfer portal starts to affect schools they may be interested in and then there's always NIL.

On top of that, I wonder if other schools -- previously not on a prospect's finalist list -- will drop a dime.

Should be interesting, but I'm not holding my breath on any of these until waaay closer to April. ;)

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Thanks.
I can't envision a "secret" NLI: isn't that an NCAA document? Maybe hush hust for a day or two, but can it even be secret? As for the secret commitment, why bother? The next formal National Letter of Intent isn't until April, so it gives prospects time to think over their thoughts on schools they were considering and then possibly think of others. They could examine how the transfer portal starts to affect schools they may be interested in and then there's always NIL.

On top of that, I wonder if other schools -- previously not on a prospect's finalist list -- will drop a dime.

Should be interesting, but I'm not holding my breath on any of these until waaay closer to April. ;)
I should have put the phrase "secret" in quotes or italics as I don't think that's remotely in play. You have a point about evaluating transfer activity at a school to see if it may affect a player as an incoming freshman. There's now a 14 day overlap of NLI and transfer window activity (April 17-May 1)

Spring signing period for 2024 D-I basketball prospects is April 17–May 15, 2024.
Notification-of-transfer window for WBB/MBB is March 18–May 1.

Unsigned 2024s can get a better idea of programs' 2024-25 rosters by waiting—but not all transfers will pick a new school by May 1.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Vivian Iwuchukwu will be announcing her commitment this evening during the halftime of the Third Place game of the Nike TOC on ESPN.

Top seven are Arizona, Florida, TAMU, Michigan, Georgia, Kentucky, USCal.

I believe her brother Vincent is on the USC men’s team. I think her hometown is San Antonio. But has been at Montverde since the 2021 season. So, who knows where she’ll go.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Vivian Iwuchukwu will be announcing her commitment this evening during the halftime of the Third Place game of the Nike TOC on ESPN.

Top seven are Arizona, Florida, TAMU, Michigan, Georgia, Kentucky, USCal.

I believe her brother Vincent is on the USC men’s team. I think her hometown is San Antonio. But has been at Montverde since the 2021 season. So, who knows where she’ll go.
Iwuchukwu selected USC.

Reaction Score
Now this post is confusing. If she's signed, then why the delay in announcing? Or are schools allowed to state a player's signed well in advance?

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Down to the remaining 5 in the class of 2024.
I did miss that McMiller announced she’ll be committing January 6th. Will decide between Temple, FSU, Rutgers, West Virginia, UCF, JMU, and Ole Miss.

So seems Penn State has been dropped from her final and been replaced by West Virginia

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
UConn doesn’t have a great track record recently, with players who wait until Spring, i.e: Wilson and Ionescu

I wouldn't read too much into that. Wilson was 10 years ago, Ionescu's finalists were Washington and Oregon.

Reaction Score
That's 6 top-100 kids, plus 1 unranked. Trojans are loading up!
I am just happy for Coach Gottlieb and the USC women's basketball program! In year three, she has USC ranked in the top 5 and for the haters out there, she is doing a great job at recruiting.

Reaction Score
Jaloni Cambridge to announce on 12/29. Mentioned previously, but her finalists are Florida, Baylor, Ohio State, Louisville and LSU.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom