Remaining 2024 uncommitted | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Remaining 2024 uncommitted

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Its called playing catch up. But its hard to catch up when certain schools I won't name.. like UCONN, South Carolina, UCLA, USC, Texas. ND, and Stanford remain greedy.
No LSU, hmm

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
I think Joyce Edwards will pick S.C. as well. Dawn doesn't lose in-state kids, especially elite ones, like Wilson and Fulwiley.

That said, I have a few questions for those in the know: Has Joyce been to Stanford lately? Is she good enough at soccer to consider playing 2 sports at Stanford? Between the academics and possibly playing on an elite soccer team, Stanford presents itself differently than all the other competitors.
Joyce has visited Stanford within the last year. I would’ve thought both Stanford and Duke would be stronger contenders, that said.. not the case. She’s down to SC, Clem’s Son, and LSU.

FWIW, South Carolina has a pretty good soccer program as well. One of the best in the SEC. It’s not Stanford or North Carolina, but it’s definitely in the next tier. I don’t believe Joyce plans to be a 2 sport athlete in college though.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Joyce has visited Stanford within the last year. I would’ve thought both Stanford and Duke would be stronger contenders, that said.. not the case. She’s down to SC, Clem’s Son, and LSU.

FWIW, South Carolina has a pretty good soccer program as well. One of the best in the SEC. It’s not Stanford or North Carolina, but it’s definitely in the next tier. I don’t believe Joyce plans to be a 2 sport athlete in college though.

She plays soccer? And Volleyball?

No LSU, hmm

I ain't naming names :p

Reaction Score
It’s called playing catch up. But it’s hard to catch up when certain schools I won't name.. like UCONN, South Carolina, UCLA, USC, Texas. ND, and Stanford remain greedy.
Just like the men’s bb side right triad? Not naming any greedy schools now…

Reaction Score
I think Joyce Edwards will pick S.C. as well. Dawn doesn't lose in-state kids, especially elite ones, like Wilson and Fulwiley.

That said, I have a few questions for those in the know: Has Joyce been to Stanford lately? Is she good enough at soccer to consider playing 2 sports at Stanford? Between the academics and possibly playing on an elite soccer team, Stanford presents itself differently than all the other competitors.
Joyce took her OV to Palo Alto over the October 7 weekend. I believe she was the SC POY in all of BB, VB, and soccer. SC has a highly successful WSOC program, typically ranking in the #5-15 range year in, year out and were in the 2017 Final Four. They just so happen to be playing Stanford Friday night in the 2nd rd of the NCAAT.

For all we know, Joyce seems to be focusing on basketball in college. Haven’t seen anything about talking to coaches of those other sports.

Reaction Score
Today is the last day of Early Signing Commitment.

A recruit could commit tomorrow, but can't sign a LOI until April 17. Of course, they could change their minds during the interim due to being recruited over in the portal, coaching change or any other reason. Today is important!

Reaction Score
Today is the last day of Early Signing Commitment.

A recruit could commit tomorrow, but can't sign a LOI until April 17. Of course, they could change their minds during the interim due to being recruited over in the portal, coaching change or any other reason. Today is important!
I wonder if Joyce is sending in her LOI sometime today before her commitment. It makes me wonder if the news will start to leak this afternoon.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
So, at 3:40 p.m EST, I've seen no new commitments/Letter of Intent signings/announcements. If ditto for everyone else, does that mean hoops fans/coaches/staff are waiting on:
  • Sarah Strong
  • Joyce Edwards
  • Jaloni Cambridge
  • Mikayla Blakes
  • Mackenly Randolph
  • Kiyomi Miller
  • Vivian Iwuchukwu
  • Caya Smith

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
So, at 3:40 p.m EST, I've seen no new commitments/Letter of Intent signings/announcements. If ditto for everyone else, does that mean hoops fans/coaches/staff are waiting on:
  • Sarah Strong
  • Joyce Edwards
  • Jaloni Cambridge
  • Mikayla Blakes
  • Mackenly Randolph
  • Kiyomi Miller
  • Vivian Iwuchukwu
  • Caya Smith
Yes, although there were some graphics online wrt the schools these players were considering, so here's the update. Take Strong's list with a GOS as I've not seen anything from her.
1700081355775.png

Centerstream

Reaction Score
Yes, although there were some graphics online wrt the schools these players were considering, so here's the update. Take Strong's list with a GOS as I've not seen anything from her.
View attachment 93078
Did Mackenly Randolph officially commit to Louisville by the 13th?

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Did Mackenly Randolph officially commit to Louisville by the 13th?
From what I saw online, nothing official from her, although one of the BB publications listed L'ville as her pick, so who knows.

Reaction Score
  • Sarah Strong
  • Joyce Edwards
  • Jaloni Cambridge
  • Mikayla Blakes
  • Mackenly Randolph
  • Kiyomi Miller
  • Vivian Iwuchukwu
  • Caya Smith
Edwards will announce at 5:45 Today . Clemson , LSU or Scar. Got nothing on the others

Dillon77

Reaction Score
From what I saw online, nothing official from her, although one of the BB publications listed L'ville as her pick, so who knows.
@Centerstream

And all three of the schools that are finalists -- Louisville, Michigan State and Notre Dame -- have already announced their other signees.
So, case of hurry up and wait.

She's based on the Left Coast, so she has more hours in her school day, if she plans on doing something at Sierra Canyon....

Centerstream

Reaction Score
@Centerstream

And all three of the schools that are finalists -- Louisville, Michigan State and Notre Dame -- have already announced their other signees.
So, case of hurry up and wait.

She's based on the Left Coast, so she has more hours in her school day, if she plans on doing something at Sierra Canyon....
My concern was only that the alleged date of her announcement was the 13th. I really, really hate seeing misinformation on the internet!!!!

Reaction Score
Edwards will announce at 5:45 Today . Clemson , LSU or Scar. Got nothing on the others
Is it going to be on an ESPN channel? :):rolleyes:
Going to be on ESPN between 6:12- :17 according to The State newspaper website. Makes more sense as that puts it on Sportscenter instead of PTI if it was at the tweeted time of 5:45.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Nothing personal against our Gamecock fans, but this in-state stuff is almost...mundane? Standard Operating Procedure? :rolleyes:

But at this point in her career, I guess that's what it should be for Coach Dawn. Congrats on loading up another 5-star to Staley, the Gamecocks and their very loyal and astute fans on this venue. You've got a great one.

(But it sure would've been interesting if she went to Clemson....;))

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Nothing personal against our Gamecock fans, but this in-state stuff is almost...mundane? Standard Operating Procedure? :rolleyes:

But at this point in her career, I guess that's what it should be for Coach Dawn. Congrats on loading up another 5-star to Staley, the Gamecocks and their very loyal and astute fans on this venue. You've got a great one.

(But it sure would've been interesting if she went to Clemson....;))

I was oddly ok with the possibility of her picking Clemson though it wouldn't have made much sense.

But trust me, I know the arguments for why making the head scratching instate choice actually does make sense.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Meh. The Cali schools are keeping their kids home and raiding the East Coast (the DMV to UCLA pipeline for example).. so I don't mind being selfish in keeping SC kids at home. I would've been okay with Edwards at Clemson as well. But over the moon that she's a Gamecock.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom