Recruit Signing | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Recruit Signing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If they are worthy, then yes. But why make kids a priority if you can get them to commit after Signing Day? Why b!tch and moan about kids like that? We should not be recruiting kids simply because they are from CT. That is a recipe for failure.

Exactly why CT kids should be a priority, well said by HFD:

-it's cheaper to recruit kids from the region vs Alaska
- kids from the region sell tickets to local towns, family friends and possibly create new family season tix holders.
- they are a walking breathing uconn advertisement to the rest of the kids at there hs. Most d1 type players are pretty popular hs kids, helps push uconn to prospective students.

And im entitled to my own opinion, no one is b*tching and moaning

Reaction Score
Exactly why CT kids should be a priority, well said by HFD:

-it's cheaper to recruit kids from the region vs Alaska
- kids from the region sell tickets to local towns, family friends and possibly create new family season tix holders.
- they are a walking breathing uconn advertisement to the rest of the kids at there hs. Most d1 type players are pretty popular hs kids, helps push uconn to prospective students.

And im entitled to my own opinion, no one is b*tching and moaning

You listed 3 kids whose best offers may end up being from FCS schools. But we should offer them because its cheaper to recruit them and they sell tickets.

I sincerely apologize for disagreeing with your opinion.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
HFD isn't 'wrong'. Two players being equal take the local kid. Don't take a Connecticut kid for the sake of it but so many of these kids are equal, local is a good tiebreak.

Reaction Score
HFD isn't 'wrong'. Two players being equal take the local kid. Don't take a Connecticut kid for the sake of it but so many of these kids are equal, local is a good tiebreak.

And how do you know they are equal?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I think I would prefer to trust the professional talent evaluators rather than people like us.

Yeah I'm talking about their determination that they are similar. Not message board poster opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom