Recruit Signing | The Boneyard

Recruit Signing

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chief00

Who is buying this intentionally waiting until after camp to sign recruits line? The bottom-line is other schools are signing good players in the meantime. Is our other evaluation methods so poor that we would make too many mistakes without waiting to camp. Or is this just a BS excuse for a job poorly done?

Reaction Score
I am not concerned at all, as we will probably only be recruiting 11/12 players after you deduct the guys going prep for a year…. Staff is being careful and taking their time. So your point is other than to rant on and be negative is??

Reaction Score
Who is buying this intentionally waiting until after camp to sign recruits line? The bottom-line is other schools are signing good players in the meantime. Is our other evaluation methods so poor that we would make too many mistakes without waiting to camp. Or is this just a BS excuse for a job poorly done?

You offer kids - they commit. Coaches can't force a commit. UConn is still in the running for a number of targeted kids @ key positions and in key recruiting states.

Reaction Score
I buy it since we haven't gotten a commit. I have no problem in waiting to after the camps. Some will commit late summer, others after their HS season.

APA

Reaction Score
Here are the current numbers, according to Scout. Spin them as you will:

There are 27 5* players. 9 have given a verbal, a rate of 33%.

There are 293 players ranked as 4*. 127 have made a decision, a rate of 43%.

There are 884 players ranked as 3*. 308 have made a decision, a rate of 37%.

Of the 1204 players ranked 3* or higher, 444, or 37% have made their choice.

Also, 145 other players, unranked or 2* have committed.

In total 589 players have given a verbal committment.

Reaction Score
I am not concerned at all, as we will probably only be recruiting 11/12 players after you deduct the guys going prep for a year…. Staff is being careful and taking their time. So your point is other than to rant on and be negative is??
+1 We did not even have enough room for Fuchs.

They have to be targeting by position now, although I am surprised that we do not have at least one kid.

pj

Reaction Score
For some reason they didn't go after Connecticut kids early, those would have been the logical early commits. Drove HfD crazy. Now with camp season underway there is no excuse not to push for June-July commits.

Reaction Score
For some reason they didn't go after Connecticut kids early, those would have been the logical early commits. Drove HfD crazy. Now with camp season underway there is no excuse not to push for June-July commits.

Another single day camp tomorrow. They had to shut down pre-registration due to interest. Last Saturday was pretty full despite it being a SAT testing Saturday. They're drawing the kids up...

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
-we only need 15ish players
- we will have anywhere from 3 to 7 kids in juco prep on deck for 14 commits. We know Fuchs(Milford), branford(fuma) and sylva(dean) are on board.
-we told many north east kids to camp. We offered only a few( the real good ones) and told many quality prospects to earn offers in camp. Cooper is a great example. Quality prospect, not a world beater but we told him to camp. He will be at uconn tomorrow.
- we offered over 125 kids already with a high % if them being from mid Atlantic or south of that. Most of those kids won't travel to camp up here unless they are borderline kids who will do umass, uconn, Ruty, Cuse, temple etc on some type of 2 week circuit.
- after offering northern kids we didn't pressure kids to get on board. We let offers sit until camp time(not aggressive).
- meanwhile Cuse and bc especially have been aggressive. The dazzler has mass on lock and he took the best rb out of ct. He's after dintino, Holmes, cooper, barmore among other ct kids also. He's aggressive.

I get that we have limited slots and are aiming high, but that doesn't mean you can't get a coupe, kids to verbal. We're striking out and not being aggressive so far. Being late on outlow has no excuse. I was going nuts about him last year and ppl here were mad I wasn't focusing on newsome who we all want also. So if I knew about him then they should hav even all over him and they weren't. No excuse. Don brown went up to bc and grabbed a bunch of kids we had half way to the bank like yiadom. We just let him do it, didn't fight back.

The reason it's a stinky feeling is because of how this year is going on the trail so far. We're not being aggressive. We didn't offer marchi until after temple did. Talk about lazy asz recruiting. Oh hey, we know your good enough so here a offer after temple just did. We were going to offer you at camp but didn't feel like it was needed before hand for reasons xyz. Just lazy and not aggressive. Kids and parents look at that and can see thru the bs. Look at temple class and the quality is has for Christ sake. No conf excuse possible for that.

We all know this year was going to be a big one in New England. So far we have crapped the boat. No matter how you spin it. Just because we only have a couple slots to fill does not mean you wait. Fill them early, and start getting after the 2015 class. That's what the big boys do. Stop making excuses for what's going on.

The dazzler told all his ol recruits he had 2 slots to fill and maybe a 3rd at the end of the class based off numbers Tbd after the season. So he pressured the 2 best ol in New England to commit and they did. We just sat by and watched. He's already in dintino a ear. We're dragging it on with the kid. Come to camp for a offer blah blah. We all read the camp report from a month ago. Kid can play and he's going to be a center which we need. Offer and get him now. Stop waiting. It's horse shtt to both him and the fans.

Remember the whole perception thing? Well right now its that were a dying program that can't get a recruit. All it would have taken was p to tell Sylva to verbal and call the sites to tell them. Then p calls Fuchs to do the same. All of a sudden now we have 2 good verbals with stars and we at least show signs of life perception wise on these sites. We haven't done that. Know why? Because we don't give a poop and that's why uconn football sucks donkey asz right now.

APA

Reaction Score
More numbers from Scout:

UConn has offered 20 4* players. 6 have committted, that's 30%.

UConn has offered 54 3* players. 19 have committed, that's 35%.

Reaction Score
Do you guys have any idea how valueable a UCONN scholarship offer is right now? Wait - never mind clearly not.

Apparently people around here want us to be throwing UCONN full ride athletic scholarships around like $5 dollar chips at the Atlantic City Taj Mahal.

Nope. Ain't gonna happen folks. And all the players that come to UCONN camps, even if they don't get the winning lottery number, they all know that they're on film - and it's gonna get seen by people that matter.

Negative nancy's make me want kick holes in walls.

81 days till kickoff.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Do you guys have any idea how valueable a UCONN scholarship offer is right now? Wait - never mind clearly not.

Apparently people around here want us to be throwing UCONN full ride athletic scholarships around like $5 dollar chips at the Atlantic City Taj Mahal.

Nope. Ain't gonna happen folks. And all the players that come to UCONN camps, even if they don't get the winning lottery number, they all know that they're on film - and it's gonna get seen by people that matter.

Negative nancy's make me want kick holes in walls.

81 days till kickoff.

Carl, we are offering kids up the wazoo down south. We have over 125 offers out this class already. It's June. Usually 125-150 was the max for any class offering wise. We're triple the pace right now. The beef is who we are and are not offering and how aggressive we are after certain kids and how high we're aiming all things considering.

If anything, the value of our offer right now is at a all time low. More offers out then ever. Worst conf affiliation ever. Back to back 5-7 seasons. Coach turmoil. We have somewhere between 3-7 kids in juco/prep because they couldn't make it academically to use scholarships offered recently.

It's literally the opposite of what your saying.

I heard a lot of good things about the Albany coach at Cuse camp in the city and here at uconn. Kids will get seen 365 with camp and films. Your worth of a uconn offer is off base IMHO.

Reaction Score
Right now nothing could be more valuable for the perception of UConn FB than a couple of solid reassuring commits!!The lack of early verbal's is leaving a cloud hanging over the program and giving the impression of "toxic"!!PP must step it up quick!For every verbal someone else is getting the pool shrink's!!

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
It's threads like these that ask the important question: Who lives further from reality; Spackler or HFD?

Spackler spends so much time in his character - he stays on message like a politician... no matter how ridiculous the stance. Reading a Spackler post is like eating sugar straight from the sack.

Now HFD has a boatload of information - yet he is the most sensitive pinball machine on planet and goes on tilt over nothing. Reading HFD posts are like trying crack cocaine for the time.

It's like being in the middle of dueling middle school science projects. Can acting like a jackass on internet message boards impact reality?

Reaction Score
The need for a signing is so great that when I saw the thread "recruit signing" I rushed in anticipation at who it was only to realize it was out of context!!Anybody who ain't hanging on the "next/first" signing can't be a fan!Does that make us all negative Nancy's?

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
It's threads like these that ask the important question: Who lives further from reality; Spackler or HFD?

Spackler spends so much time in his character - he stays on message like a politician... no matter how ridiculous the stance. Reading a Spackler post is like eating sugar straight from the sack.

Now HFD has a boatload of information - yet he is the most sensitive pinball machine on planet and goes on tilt over nothing. Reading HFD posts are like trying crack cocaine for the time.

It's like being in the middle of dueling middle school science projects. Can acting like a jackass on internet message boards impact reality?

I'm going to assume you have no mirrors in your trailer.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I'm going to assume you have no mirrors in your trailer.

Oh don't worry I know many here dislike what I post. As for my 'trailer' it's 5,100 square feet that appraises at 575k.

I'm self aware enough to realize this is a waste of time and what I post is worthless. Some here think what they post impacts reality.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Oh don't worry I know many here dislike what I post. As for my 'trailer' it's 5,100 square feet that appraises at 575k.

I'm self aware enough to realize this is a waste of time and what I post is worthless. Some here think what they post impacts reality.

Small d-ck, I knew it!

Any man worth his weight in morals and money knows that you never share your financials.

I've learned one thing tonight and that's exactly how much b-ullshit fits into 5,100 sq ft. these days.

Reactions: THC

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Small d-ck, I knew it!

Any man worth his weight in morals and money knows that you never share your financials.

I've learned one thing tonight and that's exactly how much b-ull fits into 5,100 sq ft. these days.

I like how you deleted your lines about mortgages and cars for sale.

I don't really much care about being worth my weight in morals, besides the fact that property values are easily accessed on the internet.

If you'd like to stick to your guns with your 'trailer' comments you are welcome to stop by anytime and see if your assumptions are correct. Drinks are on me.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score

I don't really much care about being worth my weight in morals, besides the fact that property values are easily accessed on the internet.

If you'd like to stick to your guns with your 'trailer' comments you are welcome to stop by anytime and see if your assumptions are correct. Drinks are on me.

I thought the part about you holding 3 mortgages and having an 87' Corvette for sale on Craigslist cheapened my point. I apologize that you saw that.

No chance of you towing your house to my neighborhood?

:)

Reaction Score

I've never heard anyone say we wait until after camp to sign recruits, and considering HFD reports we currently have over 100 offers extended I'd say it's safe to say whoever told you that is full of it. I've never heard of a coach offering a scholarship without the intention of accepting a possible commitment.

Reaction Score

I'll bring food!

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score

Where can you find residential property for $112.70 per sqft? I thought moving to Reno was a good deal but we are at about $140.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom