Re: Megan Walker's Twitter Page | Page 21 | The Boneyard

Re: Megan Walker's Twitter Page

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
Sadie Edwards took very little time inserting herself into the USC starting lineup. And she has 3 more years.
Sadie Edwards has only 2 years of eligibility remaining. She played Fall 2014 for UConn and Spring 2016 for USC. That leaves only 2 more years. She started 20 of the 22 games in which she participated for the Trojans last season,but her stats were not that impressive.
FG: 40%
3FG: 22% (17/76)
FT: 66%
Assists: 34
Turnovers: 46
Steals: 32

Reaction Score
Sadie Edwards has only 2 years of eligibility remaining. She played Fall 2014 for UConn and Spring 2016 for USC. That leaves only 2 more years. She started 20 of the 22 games in which she participated for the Trojans last season,but her stats were not that impressive.
FG: 40%
3FG: 22% (17/76)
FT: 66%
Assists: 34
Turnovers: 46
Steals: 32

My error. I assumed that since she only played in 6 games as a freshman she would be able to redshirt.

As would be expected she started slowly and her overall season stats are skewed. I got to watch a few games and by late in the season she was the best guard on the team. Sadie is a scoring machine who doesn't enjoy playing defense. She'll fit right into the PAC12 and I expect her to be mentioned as a possible all-PAC12 player. (not win-just a mention :))

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Maybe it's not Walker at all. Maybe It's everybody else obsessing over every move she makes.

Of course you're going to be irate, fed up and restless if you're checking her twitter for updates every thirty minutes and you're monitoring who she follows in an attempt to figure her out. At this point, you're obsessed and probably need to distance yourself from the chase.
Cant speak for others but I have 3 teenage kids of my own to worry about. Since she visited N.D. a week or so ago iv been more curious and checking on my regular sites like here Mcgraws Bench, Raoul and N.D. Recruits .com. But i check those sites almost everyday anyway. I don't own a twitter account but all the pics, articles and updates have been posted here and all the other places i follow. Funny that the same people liking your posts most of them have been on here posting and responding to posts about her from the get go lol. Her decision along with Westbrooks has a major impact on the game we love. Where they go could shift the power of women's basketball. I have to admit it has me a little more interested then usual. This time of year with football, baseball playoffs and fantasy football im usually not into women's basketball this early.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Sadie is a scoring machine who doesn't enjoy playing defense.

So ask yourself these two questions: What was she thinking in taking an offer from UConn? What was Geno (Shea it is your fault) thinking in offering her? Actually, there is a third question, 'cuz I guess I'm deaf: What was Geno babbling about on the inadvertent live mike about this kid on the championship Hartford bus ride?

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Sadie Edwards took very little time inserting herself into the USC starting lineup. And she has 3 more years.

Just out of curiosity, I've been monitoring Edwards and USC since her transfer last year. I'll attend USC's game against UNLV next month in Las Vegas on the 19th. I'm interested to see USC's team for 2016, as well as how Edwards' game is progressing. As Fighting Choke said, her stats were not impressive last year.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
So ask yourself these two questions: What was she thinking in taking an offer from UConn? What was Geno (Shea it is your fault) thinking in offering her? Actually, there is a third question, 'cuz I guess I'm deaf: What was Geno babbling about on the inadvertent live mike about this kid on the championship Hartford bus ride?

I assume she was thinking what every recruit thinks when the get an offer from UConn................Gee they must think I'm a pretty special player/person to be chosen to play for the Huskies............the problem is that pretty much all of the players that Geno chooses have special qualities...............so there are no guarantees regarding playing time, positions etc.......................no special privileges for even the star players................you have to earn every minute you are on the floor...................I guess some kids are just not willing to make that sacrifice, after all they can play free and easy at most of the other schools...................that's probably exactly the conversation that MW has been having these last few weeks...................

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
....that's probably exactly the conversation that MW has been having these last few weeks....
I doubt it. She's said in her last home town paper interview that she pretty much thinks she'll be successful where ever she goes and I believe that is her genuine sentiment. Does she have any true conception of what it is to b a Husky, I doubt it. Is she seeking a team where she can be the central focus of attention, this being the over riding consideration, yes, I think so. Me, I'd rather be thinking of the 2018 class and can I grab one of the stars there early and if I could get one I liked by saying Hasta La Vista to MW , I would.

Reaction Score

I can't say what she was thinking but as a CT native I would speculate she had dreamed of playing for Geno since childhood but found the reality of the work involved more than she expected or wanted, which led to Geno's reported comment that she was lazy. He never said she wasn't talented. In fact it could be that his quote started with "she's one of the most gifted offensive players he ever saw ...but "she is lazy". PN had her ranked 8th in the country. I saw one interview prior to her freshman year and she impressed me. Very mature and very articulate.

Last edited:

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Just out of curiosity, I've been monitoring Edwards and USC since her transfer last year. I'll attend USC's game against UNLV next month in Las Vegas on the 19th. I'm interested to see USC's team for 2016, as well as how Edwards' game is progressing. As Fighting Choke said, her stats were not impressive last year.
Agreed. But every time I saw her on the tube she played hard and selfless, although occasionally out of control.

Reaction Score
Didnt she play for 3 or 4 different high schools. Imo she left because she wasnt getting playing time she thought she deserved.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
nobody got playing time they thought they deserved, Stewie and Mo want to play 40 as well

Carnac

Reaction Score
i would bet my life.....she wont be at Uconn. Taking too long. Geno already gave us his insight, when he said the girls that come here usually know it right away. my memory isnt the greatest, but what number one player took super long to commit to Uconn. None that i remember. I find it hard to believe that a number one player has three finalists with the number one program the closest in distance of the three to her hometown, cant make up her mind.

Well uconnever, I won't go as far out on that limb (betting my life) as you have, but I'll go out with you half way. I must confess that the likelihood of Walker coming to Storrs seems to dissipate with each passing day. I too find it difficult to fathom why a player of Walker's obvious talents and potential, would have such a difficult time in choosing where to matriculate.

Since her return home from her last official visit to Notre Dame, the three finalists (and their respective fan bases) have been patiently waiting for her and her family to announce her decision. A decision that she said would be made shortly after her visit to South Bend.

Since no announcement has been made to date, interested fans, boosters and alumni have been anxiously awaiting her decision. With each passing day, speculation as to why she hasn't publicly revealed her intentions, or what they might be, has been the trending topic of the day.

I've read all of the posts in this thread. Some have been insightful to say the least. A few speculate that Walker may want to play with Evina Westbrook (6'0" G - Salem Oregon-uncommitted). Westbrook is the #2 ranked player in the class of 2017. This past Wednesday, Gabbyfan suggested a very plausible reason as to why Walker has yet to make an announcement:

"I forgot to mention another potential fly in the ointment and that is Megan could be waiting to see where Westbrook commits to. Again the prospect of playing on the same team with Westbrook appeals to the short range viewpoint of a high school aged player. It means the whole load of leading a team to higher levels is shared .....Since Westbrook has a few visits yet to complete and her South Carolina visit this weekend is possibly going to be postponed, this might be contributing to the delay in the announcing her decision."
This theory may have some legs, just a thought. :rolleyes:

After I read this, I can't get this possibility out of my head. For a 17 year old, this possibility is not out of the question. Is he that conflicted? Notre Dame and Texas must have made a very strong and powerful presentation to Megan and her parents during their on-campus visits. Who knows what was said (promised) during those visits?

As we all know, Geno makes no deals or promises. A simple campus & classroom tour, a visit to Gampel Pavilion, along with stops by the stadium to watch the football team win a game, and the Werth Family Center ( to view the history, legacy and the 11 NC trophies ) should suffice. Recruits that commit to UConn pretty much know what to expect when they commit.

I understand that she has already attended a "first night". UConn's first nights are historically very impressive. Recruits are hard pressed to attend a first night, and not come away utterly impressed. Walker's parents know exactly what they can expect from UConn if Megan commits to the program.

The Walkers need look no further than to the graduates of the program during Geno and CD's era, to observe and realize the quality of people/players the program has turned out for confirmation. There are different paths leading to the road to success. Let's hope Megan and her family choose the one that will ultimately draw out, refine and maximize her potential, and ultimately make her the best person/player she can be.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Didnt she play for 3 or 4 different high schools. Imo she left because she wasnt getting playing time she thought she deserved.

I think she played her freshman year in Meriden. Then she moved to NY and played for Apache Paschall at Nazareth. Again, this is my memory of what I read, but she wanted to play point guard but Cuevas had a lock on that position so She ended up transferring to Blair where she did play pg. I doubt she would have developed as she did staying home and playing for Maloney.

I would speculate that living an hour from campus may have contributed, along with having a sick father. The fact that she went about as far away from home as she did to a school she never showed any interest attending may have something to do with home pressures.

Carnac

Reaction Score
I think she played her freshman year in Meriden. Then she moved to NY and played for Apache Paschall at Nazareth. Again, this is my memory of what I read, but she wanted to play point guard but Cuevas had a lock on that position so She ended up transferring to Blair where she did play pg. I doubt she would have developed as she did staying home and playing for Maloney.

I would speculate that living an hour from campus may have contributed, along with having a sick father. The fact that she went about as far away from home as she did to a school she never showed any interest attending may have something to do with home pressures.

A very interesting observation. The USC campus is only about 15 miles from the shores of the pacific ocean. Unless she went to a program in the great northwest (Washington/Oregon), she could not have gotten further away from home. It's my theory that somebody cut a deal the Trojan head coach Cynthia Cooper-Dyke to get Edwards to come west. As you stated, why else would she agree to go to a program that was heretofore, not on her original list of schools of interest? As previously mentioned, Edwards became a starter the day she became eligible, and remained one the rest of the season. I expect her to be a starter this coming season as well.

Reaction Score
I thought she played at Mercy in Middletown. They have had some good players from there.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
nobody got playing time they thought they deserved, Stewie and Mo want to play 40 as well

Mo, had to throw a net over her to get her out. Love her to death. Stewie, the adult, more realistic about what was going on for playing time and she had Tuck and Gabby, and last year, KLS for part of her magnificent versatility. Mo, well, she had Mo. :) God bless the energizer bunny!

Reaction Score
I can't say what she was thinking but as a CT native I would speculate she had dreamed of playing for Geno since childhood but found the reality of the work involved more than she expected or wanted, which led to Geno's reported comment that she was lazy. He never said she wasn't talented. In fact it could be that his quote started with "she's one of the most gifted offensive players he ever saw ...but "she is lazy". PN had her ranked 8th in the country. I saw one interview prior to her freshman year and she impressed me. Very mature and very articulate.
Who reported that "lazy" comment by Auriemma? Do you have a link?

Reaction Score
Who reported that "lazy" comment by Auriemma? Do you have a link?

I think I prefaced my posts by stating that I was speaking from memory of things I read. The incident was discussed on more than one message board at the time. I think it was an "accidental" recording of Auriemma on the bus during the victory parade after Sadie's freshman year. Old history actually.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think I prefaced my posts by stating that I was speaking from memory of things I read. The incident was discussed on more than one message board at the time. I think it was an "accidental" recording of Auriemma on the bus during the victory parade after Sadie's freshman year. Old history actually.
I think it was the victory parade before Sadie arrived. Yes, there is video of Geno's unfortunate comment.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Cant speak for others but I have 3 teenage kids of my own to worry about. Since she visited N.D. a week or so ago iv been more curious and checking on my regular sites like here Mcgraws Bench, Raoul and N.D. Recruits .com. But i check those sites almost everyday anyway. I don't own a twitter account but all the pics, articles and updates have been posted here and all the other places i follow. Funny that the same people liking your posts most of them have been on here posting and responding to posts about her from the get go lol. Her decision along with Westbrooks has a major impact on the game we love. Where they go could shift the power of women's basketball. I have to admit it has me a little more interested then usual. This time of year with football, baseball playoffs and fantasy football im usually not into women's basketball this early.

Agree with you that the recruiting of Walker/Westbrook are "larger than usual" and will illustrate an ND case in point: I was out at the Duke vs ND football game a few weeks back in South Bend (let's not get into Van Gorder's last stand) and had some time to kill during a pre-game tailgate. A number of former classmates joined me when I went over to watch the women's b-ball shoot-around in Purcell, for the explicit reason of seeing who Walker and Westbrook were.

Yes, they liked watching Boley drain shots from all over and were heartened to see Turner moving well, but they wanted to see the high school visitors on the sideline "Where's Walker? Who is Westbrook?" These are classmates who had to be reminded that you didn't buy a "Kmac" with fries.... So, this situation has gotten some higher visibility in a lot of folks' minds. Stay tuned....

Last edited:
Reaction Score

She started her freshman year at mercy. Got lots of playing time. Made it to the state finals.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Honesty and truth are never unfortunate. They may be unpleasant but our society has become soft and needs to grow a pair.
Honesty and truth are never unfortunate and neither was this situation-it was flat out wrong and very unlike Geno. It was wrong of Geno to criticize any UCONN player (Sadie) in conversation with other players (KML) , when Sadie was not present and especially considering that KML & Sadie would be future teammates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom