Re: Megan Walker's Twitter Page | Page 19 | The Boneyard

Re: Megan Walker's Twitter Page

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
All time, every school. So, a list looking like:

Diana, Chamique Holdsclaw, Tamika Catchings, Breanna Stewart, Candace Parker, Maya Moore, Cheryl Miller, Sheryl Swoopes, Katie Smith, and Lisa Leslie.

These 10 just serving as an example, of course :)
Thank you Wally!!! My point was---Every STAR at one college is not a fan favorite at other--Top level ND players are not necessarily Uconn fan Faves or DT an ND fan fave or Stewie.
But most Boneyarders appreciate top players regardless of where they go to school--maybe not so much the day after they beat Uconn
(as rare as that has been).
I like your list of 10--Most have been Olympians too--I can see two or three that were not--but a list of top WBB players--Thanks.

Reaction Score
Skylar had to score for ND. Sue didnt but she was the leader those 3 years. Diggins is great player but no NCs. Nneka is MVP but if the Lynx win than what matters more. She did the same thing at Stanford, no NCs.
Diggins--did NOT Have to score for ND--implying that ND had no one who scored while Diggy was at ND. She did score, and that relieved the pressure on others--the point is she did not have to.

Reaction Score
You need to hit the refresh button. Collier is no longer #1 in her class. UCONN was never an option for Westbrook. UCONN losing both Walker and Westbrook will not be devastating to UCONN. It would hurt but UCONN has the services of 3 capable wings in that class and BTW there this transfer who is supposed to Game changing good-Azura Stevens.

Yea but that ranking is according to (not so reliable Olsen). Not a big fan of his rankings at all. Especially after # 1 & 2. And there has been plenty of times he screwed that up too.

If we could be at all places in a timely manner and have a good scouting team watching these young ladies in action prior to their college career. I believe we could do a better job than Olsen. Yea.

Reaction Score
Diggins--did NOT Have to score for ND--implying that ND had no one who scored while Diggy was at ND. She did score, and that relieved the pressure on others--the point is she did not have to.
You are the one implying they had no one else to score! I didnt but they did need her to score. Like you said to take the pressure off. Bird had 6 teammates who made AA list during her career. Anyone one of them could go for 20 on any given night. Skylar didnt have that with her teams.

Reaction Score
You are the one implying they had no one else to score! I didnt but they did need her to score. Like you said to take the pressure off. Bird had 6 teammates who made AA list during her career. Anyone one of them could go for 20 on any given night. Skylar didnt have that with her teams.

Personally I thought McBride was a better player than Diggins. McBride gave us fits.

Reaction Score
Sorry my words were not put together properly to indicate that Diggy had a number of scorers on her teams at ND. The implication of which I was speaking was that Bird had lots of scorers to take up her slack. I don't deny that Sue had 4 other people who could and did score. Sue didn't have to score--but I'm sure ND fans were very unhappy when she scored the half court shot at half time then scored the buzzer beater at the end to win the BE championship!! She DIDNT HAVE TO--she was surrounded by 4 scorers!! Novesel and Loyd
should have been benched. There were games I wish they had been.
You are on the wrong site to detract from Sue Birds basketball career at UConn.

Reaction Score
Personally I thought McBride was a better player than Diggins. McBride gave us fits.
Sorry my words were not put together properly to indicate that Diggy had a number of scorers on her teams at ND. The implication of which I was speaking was that Bird had lots of scorers to take up her slack. I don't deny that Sue had 4 other people who could and did score. Sue didn't have to score--but I'm sure ND fans were very unhappy when she scored the half court shot at half time then scored the buzzer beater at the end to win the BE championship!! She DIDNT HAVE TO--she was surrounded by 4 scorers!! Novesel and Loyd
should have been benched. There were games I wish they had been.
You are on the wrong site to detract from Sue Birds basketball career at UConn.
If you read what I have been writing then that last sentence is uncalled for. Best PG ever and I stand by my words that she didnt have to score but did when needed to. Since you judged me about Bird. When she hit that buzzer beater when 2 AAs were lost for the year. Some judging from me now and not just when you respond to other posters but to me also.

Last edited by a moderator:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Easy now. Let's not get side tracked. Drinking and blogging is highly encouraged & and how could someone detract from Sue Bird's career.

Wally East

Posting via the Speed Force
Reaction Score
I like your list of 10--Most have been Olympians too--I can see two or three that were not--but a list of top WBB players--Thanks.

Which one do you think wasn't an Olympian? Because:

DT -- multiple
Holdsclaw: '00
Tamika: multiple
Stewie: '16
Parker: multiple
Moore: multiple
Miller: '84
Swoopes: multiple
Smith: multiple
Leslie: multiple

:)

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
Judge not lest ye be judged. Seems like ND has lots of problems ---and apparently love running stupid postings.
What exactly did Notre Dame do now? Or are you implying that cbraarj is a Notre Dame fan? He is most definitely a UConn fan and certainly did not say anything disparaging about Sue Bird. He is only guilty of arguing that Diggins had less support at Notre Dame than Sue Bird did at UConn. Does anyone dispute that? Have you compared their teammates?

I don't have any problem with you, Broadway (you're not a negative poster), but I am having trouble discerning the meaning/intent of your post.

Reaction Score
...........................and Megan Walker............................

CBear01

Plan your work and work your plan
Reaction Score

I have to agree with that last part. Diggins definitely made it HE double hockey sticks for a bunch of teams in her years at ND, and is well deserved of the accolades she recieved. However, she had some pretty tough games against UCONN where we kept her in check... but never ever did we have an answer for McBride. She was the UCONN killer by far...and the most consistent against us in terms of her guard play. I can remember many games where McBride got the ball right to the basket within the first 15 seconds of the game...what a killer she was. Glad we won't have to face the likes of her again!

Reaction Score
As for Skylar they can say all they want about her. Bottom line is since she chose the Irish it sparked a whole new era for N.D. They only had a couple All Americans before her . Now they have several . South Bend has become a women's basketball town because of her. Ticket sales soared when she stayed home. They have been a top 5 school in attendance ever since. Before her we couldn't beat Tennessee or U Conn. Since then we have beat U Conn more then any team in women's basketball and haven't lost to Tennessee since. I would argue she might have more wins against U Conn then any player ever. She may have not won a title. But what she did was even better. She got the ball rolling. And when N.D. does win a title and a few more. People will look back and remember she was the a big part of how it all happen.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
As for Skylar they can say all they want about her. Bottom line is since she chose the Irish it sparked a whole new era for N.D. They only had a couple All Americans before her . Now they have several . South Bend has become a women's basketball town because of her. Ticket sales soared when she stayed home. They have been a top 5 school in attendance ever since. Before her we couldn't beat Tennessee or U Conn. Since then we have beat U Conn more then any team in women's basketball and haven't lost to Tennessee since. I would argue she might have more wins against U Conn then any player ever. She may have not won a title. But what she did was even better. She got the ball rolling. And when N.D. does win a title and a few more. People will look back and remember she was the a big part of how it all happen.

Great summary--that will be her legacy at Notre Dame. ND was never a major contender outside of a Cinderella Final Four run in 97 and an outstanding senior laden team in 2001. Diggins put Notre Dame back on the map as a title contender in 2011 and was able to maintain Notre Dame as a title contender in 2012 and 2013. Notre Dame had a solid team in 2011, but it was definitely an unexpected run to the title game. Diggins was absolutely masterful in the tournament and had monster games against both Tennessee and Connecticut. Their lineup wasn't littered with HS All Americans like Connecticut, Tennessee, Stanford or Baylor. In 2012, no one was sure if Notre Dame would be able maintain its spot as a title contender, but with Diggins at the helm, they were top 4 all year long. In 2013, everyone thought Notre Dame would take a step back after losing a strong senior class, but Diggins led the squad to a 35-2 record, including 3 wins against Connecticut. The last program to win more than 2 games in a row against Connecticut was Tennessee in the mid 2000s. Her team in 2011 was also the first team to ever beat both Tennessee and Connecticut in the same tournament.

The biggest impact Diggins may have made is on recruitment. If I remember correctly, before Diggins, the last major top 10 recruit Muffett landed was Batteast who was HS Class 2001. Since Diggins came on board, they've raked in Loyd, Reimer, Turner, Ogunbowale, Boley and Young, all top 5 or top 10 kids. Not to mention McBride, Mabrey 2.0, Allen and others.

Now Notre Dame is an established powerhouse in women's basketball and one of the most desirable places to play college basketball. There's no way they are in a good position to land the top 2 recruits in the country if Diggins didn't stay in South Bend.

CBear01

Plan your work and work your plan
Reaction Score
Now Notre Dame is an established powerhouse in women's basketball and one of the most desirable places to play college basketball. There's no way they are in a good position to land the top 2 recruits in the country if Diggins didn't stay in South Bend.

ND always had a top notch coach, and she sure worked hard trying to bring top players to her program. She won the lottery with Diggins, no doubt. But the reason they are where they are now is they were the only team to beat UCONN...on a consistent basis. I do not think that is due to Diggins, but more attributed to Muffet and her will not to be intimidated by Geno and Co. With the wins against UCONN, why wouldn't other top 10 recruits want a chance at that too? Especially with captain Muff at the helm.

Btw, I'm totally 110% Husky fan but I do have to respect what ND has done in the last 5 years. Hey, I believe another famous coach was doing the same kind of thing 20 years ago...:p

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Easy now. Let's not get side tracked. Drinking and blogging is highly encouraged & and how could someone detract from Sue Bird's career.
Agree, and this is not even a blog. :cool:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I wish this action was on the thread so we could get the views up to 90K

To what end. It's almost all been off topic for quite some time and thank God for that, because how many different ways can fans slatheringly (yeah, strange word but you get the drift) say I really hope we get here. We're all like a bunch of tourists milling around, chattering, buying confections outside you know where and waiting for the white smoke. Ridiculous IMO, but then, I believe we have one in the 2017 stable who will hold her own if not eclipse the one still wandering around out there, lost in the desert. Head bang

Reaction Score
I have to agree with that last part. Diggins definitely made it HE double hockey sticks for a bunch of teams in her years at ND, and is well deserved of the accolades she recieved. However, she had some pretty tough games against UCONN where we kept her in check... but never ever did we have an answer for McBride. She was the UCONN killer by far...and the most consistent against us in terms of her guard play. I can remember many games where McBride got the ball right to the basket within the first 15 seconds of the game...what a killer she was. Glad we won't have to face the likes of her again!
Mcbride is a great player. But in the U Conn games i think the plan was to stop Diggins by all means necessary . I think Mcbride benefited from it.

Reaction Score
In the past few days MW has begun to follow a number of Texas players, several ND players and Lexi Gordon's Mom on twitter................go figure.................

Reaction Score
In the past few days MW has begun to follow a number of Texas players, several ND players and Lexi Gordon's Mom on twitter......go figure.......
Yep, Geno has distanced himself from this circus. Not a surprise.

Reaction Score
Yep, Geno has distanced himself from this circus. Not a surprise.
To be honest im tired of Walkers charades as well. She seems to really be about herself. At least Skylar waited until college to talk about her brand. This girl is doing it all ready and even starting her own clothing line. Even her twitter handle I ball Crazy seems like she is kind of high and mighty. The way she has played teams and led them on with the comments and posting pics and following their players. When you think she is leaning one way she throws pics and tweets about another team . Not sure iv ever seen anyone play mind games and milk the attention like she does. I think id rather have Westbrook. Im concerned if she is use to having her way and she comes to N.D. and finds out she might have more competition then she thought and splits time she might not buy into the team concept and cause problems because shes not getting more minutes. Her dad could end up being a issue as well. Im sure he has a lot invested in her being a success .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom