Purvis | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Purvis

Reaction Score
What are you talking about?

The whole Rodney free throw subject came up when someone wrote Rodney is a poor free throw shooter.

For heaven's sakes.

Way to leave a comment just to leave a comment.

Reaction Score
Purvis' 32% shooting is the 9th worst of any player in the country this year who takes more than 10 shots per game. And trust me, you haven't heard of the other 8. His bad shooting is doubly hurtful because he's so high volume.

I feel for him as he seems to be a great kid that has been a real ambassador for the program with recruits. And he must be shellshocked given he has been relatively consistent his other years at 42-43%. But no way to sugarcoat it - he has been beyond awful this year. I think his play is the main difference between having a respectable (given all the injuries) NIT type year and the s-show we've seen to date.

Reaction Score
yeah I expect with some of the tough games we are about to face that Purvis percentages are going to start to climb dramatically.

When we are down 10 points or more Purvis shoots about 87% from three

When we are within 3 points or leading he shoots about 4%.

Unfortunately hes going to have a lot of high percentage opportunities in the next couple weeks.

Unfortunately, he just hasn't lived up to his billing. In a sense he has trapped us at the 2 for 4 years. Looking back, we haven't had a really good 2 since Jeremy.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom