PG Tremont Waters (UConn Offer) | Page 24 | The Boneyard

PG Tremont Waters (UConn Offer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
somebody effed up...

"Tyler Ulis is a small guard, Yogi Ferrell is a small guard, so I pretty much immolate my game after them," said Waters. "I try and improve on what they did and get better. If they were able to play there (Indiana and Kentucky), that means I can."

Definition of IMMOLATE
I'm sure Waters said "emulate" but Zagoria being Zagoria he wrote "immolate" in the article.

Reaction Score
it makes it even worse that zags printed that when it's clear what waters meant.
Spell check maybe automatically did that if he misspelled emulate? Or maybe Zagoria was using some kind of speech recognition software and dictated the article? Or maybe he just doesn't know the difference between immolate and emulate.

Reaction Score
Spell check maybe automatically did that if he misspelled emulate? Or maybe Zagoria was using some kind of speech recognition software and dictated the article? Or maybe he just doesn't know the difference between immolate and emulate.

hah, i hope it's not the last one. i read that and i had to confirm there wasn't some tertiary definition of immolate that i didn't know. Cause the primary definition sure doesn't fit with the context.

Reaction Score
The article is 855 words and I cut and pasted 68 words. So that's less than 8% of the article, not even close to "half". I cut and pasted the relevant part that I think people on the Yard would want to see because most people on here aren't going to want to read an article on Waters that is 855 words long. I know you get information from Zags but I'm more interested in helping out Yarders and giving them easily accessible information than I am the hits on Zagsblog. If someone is really into recruiting then they'll read the entire article as you've provided the link. Don't see why you have an issue with that.

I do get info from zags and you proved my point. The % means nothing it is the hits.

I have no control on what you do. Just wanted to make the point

Reaction Score
I do get info from zags and you proved my point. The % means nothing it is the hits.

I have no control on what you do. Just wanted to make the point

% does mean something significant. The 10% copyright rule applies. You can quote 10% as long as you provide some commentary on it. This is part of the law that encourages critique and citation.

Reaction Score
Before you guys slam zags. Check who wrote the article..Chip Miller wrote it.. funny you mock him and you guys made s similar mistake

Reaction Score
% does mean something significant. The 10% copyright rule applies. You can quote 10% as long as you provide some commentary on it. This is part of the law that encourages critique and citation.

Upstater, you should give 99 a warning before you give him a citation. Com'on man

Reaction Score

Nothing to do with copyright. I want to help guys i get info from with hits.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
crystal ball about as accurate as my turd.

Reaction Score
Is that to me....? If so when did i cry?

Yes you, too much whining and complaing about someone copying + pasting less than 10% of an article. For someone who is always protesting about folks throwing a recruitng thread off track I think you would be better served finding a more worthy cause to carry the next man's water.

Reaction Score
Confusing immolate with emulate would get you fired from any normal publication. No wonder this idiot is blogging for a hack like Zags.

Reaction Score
Yes you, too much whining and complaing about someone copying + pasting less than 10% of an article. For someone who is always protesting about folks throwing a recruitng thread off track I think you would be better served finding a more worthy cause to carry the next man's water.

You are free to think what you want. Please copy all the articles you want. I was simply expressing my point

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Never hurts to have a bunch of real good guards except it also makes for some unhappiness. Obviously no guarantee whatsoever that Jalen is gone after this year so you still have Adams, Gilbert, Vital and one of Beatty/Waters/MAL if there's 2 of them there could be an issue. 3 guard are good on the court but if you have a Gilbert and Waters out there together you get really small really quick. We are all thinking way ahead but while I love guards I also like guards that are happy and getting time deserved.

I never, ever worry about too much talent. Recruit the best guys you can get, and let every thing take care of itself on the court. Let the kids compete, and if guys don't like it enough, they can look for a new situation.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
The article is 855 words and I cut and pasted 68 words. So that's less than 8% of the article, not even close to "half". I cut and pasted the relevant part that I think people on the Yard would want to see because most people on here aren't going to want to read an article on Waters that is 855 words long. I know you get information from Zags but I'm more interested in helping out Yarders and giving them easily accessible information than I am the hits on Zagsblog. If someone is really into recruiting then they'll read the entire article as you've provided the link. Don't see why you have an issue with that.

+1 I wouldn't bother clicking the link myself, but am happy to read a quick excerpt. Cheers.

Reaction Score
+1 I wouldn't bother clicking the link myself, but am happy to read a quick excerpt. Cheers.

Cliffnotes rock, i get it. But from borges, myers, mike A, dom, zags and about 8 other bloggers/reporters have told me clicks are key to the job... fuc k them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom