PG Tremont Waters (UConn Offer) | Page 23 | The Boneyard

PG Tremont Waters (UConn Offer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
is it greedy to think we can land MAL and Waters? Not sure if JA will be around after next season so the opportunity for some big pt could be there.

Reaction Score
is it greedy to think we can land MAL and Waters? Not sure if JA will be around after next season so the opportunity for some big pt could be there.

I think those chances are next to Nil. MAL wants to start right away and AG would still be around. Then if Diallo or Harvey or Beatty also commit thats a crowded back court.

Reaction Score
I think those chances are next to Nil. MAL wants to start right away and AG would still be around. Then if Diallo or Harvey or Beatty also commit thats a crowded back court.

never hurts to have a ball handler off the pine though.

Reaction Score
Never hurts to have a bunch of real good guards except it also makes for some unhappiness. Obviously no guarantee whatsoever that Jalen is gone after this year so you still have Adams, Gilbert, Vital and one of Beatty/Waters/MAL if there's 2 of them there could be an issue. 3 guard are good on the court but if you have a Gilbert and Waters out there together you get really small really quick. We are all thinking way ahead but while I love guards I also like guards that are happy and getting time deserved.

Reaction Score
Not sure how waters and hami get along. There was rumor that hami would not join waters aau team because he was not a fan of his play

Reaction Score
Honestly shocked at this apparent development, I had been told we had all but moved on from waters long ago. Sign me up, he'll be a great 4 year guard.
Was just thinking about the 2013-14 group and 2 strong seniors in Bazz and Niels, 2 strong juniors in Boat and DeAndre. That is tough to beat. Niels was so mature as a player, while the other three get the pub.

Want 3-4 year guys all day when we can. Certainly understand a two and done happens in this day and age. But all things equal give me the smaller 4-year guy over the Marcus Smarts, Jamal Murrays etc. Hoping we have Jalen for 3 and Rique for a while!

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Not sure how waters and hami get along. There was rumor that hami would not join waters aau team because he was not a fan of his play
Interesting. FWIW they follow each other on Twitter -- not sure about other social media stuff tho.

Also... if you just gave us Expressions Elite's top 4 players (Richards, Waters, Samuels, Lawrence), it'd be the best recruiting class since Andre/DeAndre/Boat, and arguably one of the top 5 in school history. That team is stacked.

Wonder if Killings being added has anything to do with the recent uptick in Waters interest.

Reaction Score
Could any of this be attributed to the Waters family having a positive relationship with Dwayne Killings? Pretty out of the blue. In the past, most of the talk has been that if the Duke thing didn't happen he would want to go to a place like Stanford because academics were very important to him.

Reaction Score
I'm probably in the minority here but I would take 1 year of Hami over 4 of waters. He may be the most athletically gifted wing to ever come through storrs. Having rique and seeing how Ollie can get pgs if getting waters cost hami I'd prefer not do it. Hami would just be so fun to watch even it was for just a year.

Reaction Score
So you all think Waters really wants to go to Duke but that they are now squeezing him out. But he has a Duke offer, right? Why doesn't he just accept it and commit and lock it in if that's where he really wants to go?

Reaction Score
So you all think Waters really wants to go to Duke but that they are now squeezing him out. But he has a Duke offer, right? Why doesn't he just accept it and commit and lock it in if that's where he really wants to go?

I dont think things actually work that way. He has an offer, correct, but I tend to believe its a 2 way street. Meaning he calls Duke "I'm ready to commit" and Duke either says "Terrific can't wait to get you on campus" or says "As of right now we prefer player X it might be in your best interest to wait things out and see if other opportunities are more to your liking"

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
88Z63mK.png

From HERE.

Reaction Score
Along with Duke and Kentucky, Indiana, Kansas, Georgetown and Providence are a few of the other schools targeting the rising point guard. Waters said the most recent school to jump back into the mix has been UConn and Coach Kevin Ollie.

"They came back in about two weeks ago," Waters stated. "I don't know why they left, but they left and now they are back in the picture."

Interesting. I wonder why. As someone mentioned above I hope it's not related to any less interest from MAL.

Reaction Score
Along with Duke and Kentucky, Indiana, Kansas, Georgetown and Providence are a few of the other schools targeting the rising point guard. Waters said the most recent school to jump back into the mix has been UConn and Coach Kevin Ollie.

"They came back in about two weeks ago," Waters stated. "I don't know why they left, but they left and now they are back in the picture."

Interesting. I wonder why. As someone mentioned above I hope it's not related to any less interest from MAL.

Why do you copy and paste half the article? I post the link only for a reason.

Email any reporter or blogger and they will tell you that what you did kills their hits. They live and die by number of hits

Reaction Score
Why do you copy and paste half the article? I post the link only for a reason.

Email any reporter or blogger and they will tell you that what you did kills their hits. They live and die by number of hits
The article is 855 words and I cut and pasted 68 words. So that's less than 8% of the article, not even close to "half". I cut and pasted the relevant part that I think people on the Yard would want to see because most people on here aren't going to want to read an article on Waters that is 855 words long. I know you get information from Zags but I'm more interested in helping out Yarders and giving them easily accessible information than I am the hits on Zagsblog. If someone is really into recruiting then they'll read the entire article as you've provided the link. Don't see why you have an issue with that.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
somebody effed up...

"Tyler Ulis is a small guard, Yogi Ferrell is a small guard, so I pretty much immolate my game after them," said Waters. "I try and improve on what they did and get better. If they were able to play there (Indiana and Kentucky), that means I can."

Definition of IMMOLATE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34