PG Tremont Waters (UConn Offer) | Page 25 | The Boneyard

PG Tremont Waters (UConn Offer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
So, Tremont Waters...
Appropriate that this bled onto the next page. Yes, let's talk about Tremont Waters.

Frankly, I'd rather Waters than Langford. I'll take shooting over a power guard who isn't even that big any day.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Another of the national guys just gave us a crystal ball pick.

I guess at this point we should be rooting for Green to sign with Duke & Young to sign with UK so that Waters's decision becomes that much easier. Hopefully we can get him up to campus in the next few weeks and seal the deal.

Reaction Score
That's not how it works.
I dont think things actually work that way. He has an offer, correct, but I tend to believe its a 2 way street. Meaning he calls Duke "I'm ready to commit" and Duke either says "Terrific can't wait to get you on campus" or says "As of right now we prefer player X it might be in your best interest to wait things out and see if other opportunities are more to your liking"

Well the giving of the offer SHOULD be the school's side of the 2-way street, but I guess in practicality it's a bit more ceremonial.

Still, seems like a school would get very bad PR and burn coaching/pipeline bridges if they made a regular occurrence of reneging or pulling offers. I guess it would reflect poorly on a recruit too, so it's risky to try and force it, but I can't imagine many schools really reneging on offers without already having filled the position in the cycle.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Another of the national guys just gave us a crystal ball pick.

I guess at this point we should be rooting for Green to sign with Duke & Young to sign with UK so that Waters's decision becomes that much easier. Hopefully we can get him up to campus in the next few weeks and seal the deal.

I know he is on the short side, but I'd love to see a really pure shooter on the squad. Hoping that VJ will be a real player as well as a nice shooter, but am I wrong in feeling that Waters is a little like an earlier and smaller version of a Steph Curry-type player? I've just seen some videos, but he can get his shot off and he has a very nice touch on his shots. On or off base here?

Matrim55

Reaction Score
On or off base here?
He's like Bazz. A PG with range, cojones & leadership abilities. Good not great athlete who projects much better as a 4-year college player than a future NBA star or anything.

I do think it would be weird if he came here one year after Alterique, since they're so similar in stature & game (Alterique is a better athlete, Tremont a better shooter). But KO can, of course, point to the success of the Bazz/Boat pairing and the Kemba/Bazz pairing, and hope that kid sees the light.

It's really important to me that we start cleaning up with Connecticut recruits. Enoch's a nice start, but given Tremont's profile, he'd arguably be a better/bigger get.

Reaction Score
I like two small guards with skills. As the college game has lost talent to the pros over the years, smaller guards with skills have consistently performed as upperclassmen. Small guys generally have a better handle and scoring touch. They also seem to shoot free throws better. I'll play those two together no problem.

Matrim55

Reaction Score
I'll play those two together no problem.
So would I, but kids want playing time. And any kid would be smart to look at the class that comes directly before him and say "Who am I going to have to beat out to get on the court?"

If I was in Tremont's shoes, I'd have some serious questions about Alterique. Not saying it would be a deal breaker, but it's something everyone involved should consider.

Reaction Score
Nothing to do with copyright. I want to help guys i get info from with hits.

It's the same idea. In order for info to circulate better, copyright allows for what he did. In other words, there's a reason this is copyright law. It was made this way so that info could circulate faster. But the original writer/publisher is always looking for compensation. If the 10% is enough of a teaser, it will lead to more readers.

C

Chief00

I never, ever worry about too much talent. Recruit the best guys you can get, and let every thing take care of itself on the court. Let the kids compete, and if guys don't like it enough, they can look for a new situation.

Too much talent is not usually a problem; guys who don't play well together usually is a problem.

Reaction Score
Reminder: Waters plays/played on Expression Elite in the EYBL with Nick Richards and Jermaine Samuels.

Richards remains a top C target for 2017, while it looks like we haven't been in much contact with Samuels since his return from injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom