1. The cesspool is now available to unregistered users. If you enjoy politics, feel free to read posts, or register to participate. Scroll down. You'll find the cesspool under "Off Topic Boards."
    Dismiss Notice

PG Makai Ashton-Langford (UConn Offer)

Discussion in 'UConn Men's Basketball' started by husky99, Jun 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. James

James

i like mal, I don't think pure point pg is some major need for 2017. Waters would be relegated to back up duties while mal could pair up with Gilbert or Jalen. His two way ability is what I like more and favor compared to waters shooting.

Also side note I see it as more of a mal vs diallo chase , not so much waters vs mal.

2. KemBuckets21

KemBuckets21

Also side note I see it as more of a mal vs diallo chase , not so much waters vs mal.[/QUOTE]

Really?? I think the scenario is far more MAL v. TW with diallo potentially paired with either. Neither MAL or TW would preclude us from having substantial minutes for HD. MAL and TW would eat into each others time in the unlikely scenario they both committed.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2016
  3. aceboon

aceboon

Beatty a factor in any of this or is UConn on the outs?

4. UConn3432

UConn3432

the question that needs to be asked is would you rather 4 years of MAL or 4 years of TW? You can't say you'd rather 4 years of TW and just assume that MAL jumps to the NBA.

5. superjohn

superjohn

MAL and Diallo have nothing to do with each other. Diallo would be here for 1 year at shooting guard, MAL would be here for several at point guard.

Ricker likes this.
  6. UConNick

UConNick

Maybe it's just me, but I feel that IF Diallo comes here, he's gonna play more 3 than 2. In 17-18, our backcourt could theoretically be Gilbert, Adams, MAL, and Vital. Of course in terms of a 2 Diallo fits better than any of them, but he's got height (6'6"ish), length, and athleticism more than enough to play on the wing for us. Also allows Gilbert and Adams to start together in the backcourt; that's two insane ball handlers, something we know KO loves.

Ricker and uchusky32 like this.
  7. scotty0330

scotty0330

That would be a very small team....a 6'1" small forward. I get we have played three guards just not sure all three of them were 6'2" and under.better have some beasts on the boards...

8. uconnever

uconnever

Yeah I've watched him a lot this summer and saw nothing special at all. But I too read this and what I saw probably was due to fatigue.

9. KemBuckets21

KemBuckets21

I think you mean 6'1 pg which is fine. Hami D is 6'6

Ricker likes this.
  10. James

James

shocked @ people calling MAL a point guard, dude hasn't ran the 1 in several years and definitely not since he started getting evaluated seriously. he is more in the monta ellis mold combo leaning toward flat out scorer guard. you could say the same about jalen, however he got reps at the point for mass rivals.

11. Paesano

Paesano

I don't care what position they will play, just get someone to commit already!!!!

12. Burnsbros23

Burnsbros23

MAL is a point guard. Bede plays off the ball. For Cushing and Mass Rivals MAL is the primary ball handler.

superjohn and Ricker like this.
  13. superjohn

superjohn

Jalen is a point guard and MAL is a point guard.

14. 4xChamps

4xChamps

15. husky99

husky99

That is big..

16. uchusky32

uchusky32

Believe me, believe me!

17. methodology

methodology

18. scotty0330

scotty0330

Should we be nervous he never makes it to campus if Louisville is first? Never know if it is better to be first or last visit

19. husky99

husky99

No PC? U would like to be last. But you roll the dice.

Silk31 and UConnTrumbull like this.
  20. Rocktheworld

Rocktheworld

Great weekend to visit campus-wise, unfortunately FBall will be visiting Navy that weekend

21. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Do we know if cinnamon is working that weekend at Louisville, if so I don't like our chances.

UconnAlum04 likes this.
  22. Rocktheworld

Rocktheworld

Hope they are bringing up the A+ talent at Electric Blue

Husky1964, Ricker and mauconnfan like this.
  23. 4xChamps

4xChamps

PC visit is the week after UConn according to Evan Daniels

Huskyforlife likes this.
  24. HooperScooper

HooperScooper

I feel like I've read this article already but didn't see it posted here. From the New Haven Register. A little more than was in Borges' blog.

Recruit Makai Ashton-Langford, longtime UConn fan, will visit Storrs in September

But just like Adams shared similarities with Napier (both from Roxbury, Massachusetts; both boast the clutch gene) but is a very different player, the same is true with Ashton-Langford and Adams.

Ashton-Langford hails from Worcester, not Roxbury. He’s also more of a natural point guard than Adams.

One similarity they share, however: both grew up UConn fans. Particularly Ashton-Langford.

“I’ve always loved UConn,” he said on Saturday.

25. sdhusky

sdhusky 1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year

I guess we deliver the MA market... with recruits.

26. CallMeBruce

CallMeBruce

Natural point guards again. Waters is more of a natural point guard than MAL, who is more of a natural point guard than Adams, who is more of a natural point guard than Gibbs, who is more of a natural point guard than either of his brothers.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm pretty sure that point guards aren't naturally occurring.

KembaStepback likes this.
  27. HooperScooper

HooperScooper

Just an FYI on Bede:

A stock rising star in July, Wabissa Bede is down to Butler, LaSalle, Massachusetts, Minnesota and Virginia Tech according to Andrew Slater of .

Bede, a 6-1, 180-pound point guard from Lowell (Mass.) Cushing Academy, is ranked No. 79 in the Top247. He is a deft shotmaker who also possesses a string point guard game.

A strange list for a kid ranked No. 79.

Ricker and mauconnfan like this.
  28. aceboon

aceboon

Surprised Providence wasn't in harder on Bede, I know they were involved in the past, guess they're all in on MAL. Makes sense, kinda hard to recruit 2 kids from the same programs for one position.

29. 80shusky

80shusky

I thought the same thing when I saw his list of schools on Twitter. Most of the highly ranked kids wait and wait seemingly to little benefit to choose their school like Diallo, Quade Green, Trae Young etc. They aren't going to get all that more highly ranked than they are and already have all the best offers. But Bede would probably have benefited from waiting a few months since his stock is rising late and quickly.

30. mauconnfan

mauconnfan

Yeah and a strange list for a kid with a string handle as well as a deft shooter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.