PG Makai Ashton-Langford (UConn Offer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
image.png

Reaction Score
The guy is 15th on the career points list while missingg 9 games his soph year due to suspension and 9 games his junior year due to injury. He'd be well into the top 10 scoring at his average for those 18 games. He's not an all-timer but he was a serious college basketball player. There's certainly talent on the current roster but most have a lot to prove. I'd take Dyson over all of them....Really.
Yep I know, I watched him for 4 years. You're nuts if you would take Dyson over Adams.

Silk31

CA$$$HHHHH
Reaction Score
Walking in those JA footsteps that will lead him to his next stop...Storrs

Reaction Score
I'm sure we all watched all of them, but I'd take Dyson. Warrior and produced.
Willie Mays or Mickey Mantle, Fisk or Munson. Dyson was a great player and
Jalen Adams probably will be to......

Reaction Score
I don't think Dyson was great. Dyson was ok but again MAL is a point guard Dyson never played point.

Reaction Score
I hope Jalen ends up as good as Dyson. People severely undersell Dyson. Dyson was a warrior for us. He never took a play off. His defense was excellent & he always took pride in it. He never averaged less than 12 ppg (12.5 ppg - 17ppg as a senior). He passed the ball too (3 apg career). Maybe he wasn't the greatest shooter & sometimes took it to the well too much, but he gave 100% effort every game & cared about winning. He was athletic as hell. Anyone thinking Dyson wasn't a great player for us needs their heads examined. When he got injured in 2009, I felt he was the missing piece who could have stopped that MSU run. I'd take a Dyson on our roster every year. Jalen has similar energy, athleticism & game, so I'm excited to see Jalen play this year. They are kinda similar. I'm happy Jalen brings the same energy... enjoy it!

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Had a big development on the thread topic, MAL, and yet, we're in here talking about Dyson. Boneyard gonna boneyard.

Fingers crossed for MAL. I wouldn't mind 3 PG next year if Adams stays... the more ball handlers the better.

Reaction Score
I hope Jalen ends up as good as Dyson. People severely undersell Dyson. Dyson was a warrior for us. He never took a play off. His defense was excellent & he always took pride in it. He never averaged less than 12 ppg (12.5 ppg - 17ppg as a senior). He passed the ball too (3 apg career). Maybe he wasn't the greatest shooter & sometimes took it to the well too much, but he gave 100% effort every game & cared about winning. He was athletic as hell. Anyone thinking Dyson wasn't a great player for us needs their heads examined. When he got injured in 2009, I felt he was the missing piece who could have stopped that MSU run. I'd take a Dyson on our roster every year. Jalen has similar energy, athleticism & game, so I'm excited to see Jalen play this year. They are kinda similar. I'm happy Jalen brings the same energy... enjoy it!
Jalen and Dyson really aren't similar at all. I liked Dyson but Jalen is clearly more talented.

Reaction Score
Jalen and Dyson really aren't similar at all. I liked Dyson but Jalen is clearly more talented.

You'll say anything to pick an argument. You love to insult people on here, so I don't expect anything less from you.

Fact is they are similar. Both both athletic & quick, both fearless, both similar height, both good ball handlers, neither pure PGs, but willing passers passers, both opportunists, both so-so outside shooters, both excellent drivers, both wore their heart on their sleeve. Alot of similarities to me. Please do explain how they are not similar....

Reaction Score
You'll say anything to pick an argument. You love to insult people on here, so I don't expect anything less from you.

Fact is they are similar. Both both athletic & quick, both fearless, both similar height, both good ball handlers, neither pure PGs, but willing passers passers, both opportunists, both so-so outside shooters, both excellent drivers, both wore their heart on their sleeve. Alot of similarities to me. Please do explain how they are not similar....
I don't think they are at all similar. How did I insult you? Also, you need to look up what a fact is. . . . . . .that's not an insult, just some advice.

Reaction Score

I see jalen as more of a natural point guard. He was running the team by the end of last year.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score

The two players have similar strengths and weaknesses, but aren't technically similar players, so I can see arguments for both side but I personally lie in the "dissimilar" side.

Also superjohn is a good poster, I wouldn't categorize him as someone who goes out of his way to pick fights.

Reaction Score
I don't think they are at all similar. How did I insult you? Also, you need to look up what a fact is. . . . . . .that's not an insult, just some advice.

You insult everyone. Go review most of your posts. You do it all the time. You love to insult people on here, just to insult them. Very annoying!

I'm still waiting for what you think makes them different... I gave my points but you gave none.

Reaction Score
The two players have similar strengths and weaknesses, but aren't technically similar players, so I can see arguments for both side but I personally lie in the "dissimilar" side.

Also superjohn is a good poster, I wouldn't categorize him as someone who goes out of his way to pick fights.

LOLOL - he badgers you too. I have no issues with you.

Reaction Score
You insult everyone. Go review most of your posts. You do it all the time. You love to insult people on here, just to insult them. Very annoying!

I'm still waiting for what you think makes them different... I gave my points but you gave none.
Again, how did I insult you and how is it a "fact" that Jalen and Dyson are similar? If I was to compare Dyson to anyone on this current team it would be Rodney. They can both score and can usually get in the lane when they want, Rodney has a much better build but Dyson was the better finisher. Neither of them have any point guard skills and it gets them into trouble when the pass is the easier way for a bucket and they instead put their head down and charge into the lane like a bull in a China shop. They both are solid set shooters who have a pretty flat footed shot, don't know the numbers but I think Purvis is a little better three point shooter. Both are good college scorers but they both share the same flaw in that I don't consider them all that instinctual. They have the athletic talent but the instincts and intangibles just aren't their for a real NBA career. . . . . . . . . Jalen is a point guard, he struggled early in the year and you could tell he was pressing and trying to find himself but by the end of the year it was pretty clear he was our most talented player and he was the straw who stirred the UCONN drink. Adams is an elite athletic talent at the point guard position, he has ideal length, explosiveness and an ability to make plays from all sorts of angles in the lane that you just don't see all that often from point guards. Don't know when it happens but with maturity and seasoning at this level I expect him to be a lottery pick when he's ready to leave. It didn't necessarily show until later in the year but Jalen has "it." He has great basketball instincts and that swagger to make the biggest plays in the biggest moments. It's something I've already seen in Jalen and never saw it in Dyson's senior year.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Rodney is so much more like Dyson. They are very similar.

Jalen is a Point! Dyson was a straight 2 guard. Jalen has a better handle they just attack differently. Dyson was a down hill driver looked to fill lanes on the break. Adams is the one intiated the break.

Reaction Score

Thanks for having my back. Sure I can be a pain in the arse but I usually back it up with something.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Thanks for having my back. Sure I can be a pain in the arse but I usually back it up with something.

Wouldn't worry about it. @BearJWS is a sensitive baby. I've seen a number posts from him accusing others of making 'attacking' posts when posters are making points in an argument, stating opinions, or disproving others. Not sure when he became the board's moral authority, but it must be nice up there on that high horse.

Reaction Score
Wouldn't worry about it. @BearJWS is a sensitive baby. I've seen a number posts from him accusing others of making 'attacking' posts when posters are making points in an argument, stating opinions, or disproving others. Not sure when he became the board's moral authority, but it must be nice up there on that high horse.
I'm not sure if Bear is sensitive, but he/she clearly behaves as if every poster should be responded to in the same manner, regardless of whether they post endless idiotic nonsense, or take the time to actually post things with real thought behind it. It's pretty ridiculous.

Reaction Score

Totally disagree about Dyson, he shot less than 40% his senior year and averaged 4 TOs per game. What is even more maddening, is that he pounded the ball endlessly that year near mid-court, calling for high screen after high screen, while a superior player, Kemba, was standing on the other side of the court and not being properly utilized. Also, I do not have the same recollection of Dyson being a superior defender. My memory of is the opposite, that it seemed like he was conserving energy on defense, particularly his senior year. I recall him being exposed as a defender during his senior year, without Thabeet protecting the rim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom