PG Makai Ashton-Langford (UConn Offer) | Page 22 | The Boneyard

PG Makai Ashton-Langford (UConn Offer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chief00

We have effectual dudes who brought in a top recruiting class, and Bunkey played a negligible role in landing any of the 5.

Not true Mrs. Miller.

I like our coaches but fair is fair. So you think the tour of facilities made the difference? The fact that they had a great time had absolutely nothing to do with it.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
So now I am disconnected since my friend Bunk left in May - previously according to you, I was disconnected when JC left. Which is it? Like someone once said -LOL - come back when you get some facts!

You do have a point though, I am less connected since Bunkey left - at least from my experience - that dude batted a thousand on if a recruit would commit. I have never seen anything like him - ever!

No, you stopped being connected in September of 2012. Saying ridiculous stuff like this just proves how far removed you are.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
Not true Mrs. Miller.

I like our coaches but fair is fair. So you think the tour of facilities made the difference? The fact that they had a great time had absolutely nothing to do with it.

We have one of the most charismatic head coaches in the country and assistants who know their territory and specialize in recruiting it well and building relationships with prospects and families (Moore with Georgia and Gilbert, Miller with the NE preps and Diarra).

Re. "having a great time", we also have a team full of players with great personalities such as Jalen Adams, Steve Enoch, Rodney Purvis, Amida Brimah and others - I'm just noting by name the guys whom I've gotten good word on from my people on campus. These players and the rest of the team are able to set that atmosphere during the visit. For what it's worth, all of them have social connections on campus to show recruits a good time. The way you paint the picture, it's as if every one of those guys was in bed at 8:00 on a Saturday and Bunkey was the only one who could find a party. Turns out you are not only removed from the program, but the social scene on campus among UConn students and student-athletes themselves.

C

Chief00

We have one of the most charismatic head coaches in the country and assistants who know their territory and specialize in recruiting it well and building relationships with prospects and families (Moore with Georgia and Gilbert, Miller with the NE preps and Diarra).

Re. "having a great time", we also have a team full of players with great personalities such as Jalen Adams, Steve Enoch, Rodney Purvis, Amida Brimah and others - I'm just noting by name the guys whom I've gotten good word on from my people on campus. These players and the rest of the team are able to set that atmosphere during the visit. For what it's worth, all of them have social connections on campus to show recruits a good time. The way you paint the picture, it's as if every one of those guys was in bed at 8:00 on a Saturday and Bunkey was the only one who could find a party. Turns out you are not only removed from the program, but the social scene on campus among UConn students and student-athletes themselves.

Question: And how many guys have we signed since Bunk left?
Answer: Zero
But expect one relatively soon.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score

Alpha Diallo and Taurean Thompson? Who besides you is still broken up about missing out on them? Not important at all. Ollie, the staff, and the team will continue to close when it counts regardless of Bunkey's presence. They were what landed Gilbert, Jackson, Durham, Diarra, and Vital -- not Bunkey.

Reaction Score
It's almost as if UConn never had enough talent before Bunk to win a championship...

Chief's life must be really sad for him to constantly have to fabricate stories on an Internet message board.

C

Chief00

Brimah is a great guy but for whatever reason Brimah and Samuel were very unsuccessful hosting recruits - sometimes it might have been Samuel sabotaging it for more playing time? I don't know.

At any rate, not until Samuel decided to transfer and KO changed the formula - more Purvis, Sam and Bunk - did our fortunes change - with Gibbs, Shonn Miller, Larrier and then the Top 5 signing.

However, since Bunk and Sam left - silence. I know you always argue that a correlation is not causation - but I will take a winning correlation any day rather than argue who gets credit.
I think KO has good recruiting attributes - and he is gaining experience as is Ricky. Let's see what the new dude from Temple can do? Your boy Glen Miller has a role too of course.

As for 2012 and Calhoun's departure - I freely admit I love that man - especially his attitude and competitiveness. - but also his smarts, loyalty and big heart.

Reaction Score
sometimes it might have been Samuel sabotaging it for more playing time? I don't know.

I mean, your character assassination game was already weak Chiefp00, but this is just ridiculous.

Reaction Score

Not only is this shtick/troll old and beaten to a bloody pulp, its embarrassing to the board that some poster (clearly an adult male over the age of 40) keeps referencing an ex players friend by name. people just shouldn't entertain op in his mission to derail every thread here, theres no winning. I mean this is the same dude who made up hanging out with an nba player just to rile things up here. somehow he has 1500+ likes

Reaction Score

Who have we missed on since he left? Almost all the guys we are going after hard simply haven't committed anywhere yet. It's not like the kids are picking other schools and we are swinging and missing.

Reaction Score
Brimah is a great guy but for whatever reason Brimah and Samuel were very unsuccessful hosting recruits - sometimes it might have been Samuel sabotaging it for more playing time? I don't know.

At any rate, not until Samuel decided to transfer and KO changed the formula - more Purvis, Sam and Bunk - did our fortunes change - with Gibbs, Shonn Miller, Larrier and then the Top 5 signing.

However, since Bunk and Sam left - silence. I know you always argue that a correlation is not causation - but I will take a winning correlation any day rather than argue who gets credit.
I think KO has good recruiting attributes - and he is gaining experience as is Ricky. Let's see what the new dude from Temple can do? Your boy Glen Miller has a role too of course.

As for 2012 and Calhoun's departure - I freely admit I love that man - especially his attitude and competitiveness. - but also his smarts, loyalty and big heart.
I've just let your trolling go on without commenting because it's honestly sad, but for some reason this one I can't.

To say that Samuel was sabatoging recruiting visits so that he'd get more playing time is so ridiculously absurd and unfounded. You just spew nonsense non-stop these days

At this point you're just like Kobe, way past your time and don't know how to deal with that fact. Your boy Jim is gone and your peak importance is over, time to fade off into the sunlight and disappear

Reaction Score
Believe the same was said about taurean thompson no?

Since Vital and TT were on their visit together, I asked how they liked it. Enoch told me they loved it and we should expect a commitment sooner rather than later. I wasn't quite sure if he meant one or both of them. But Vital ended up committing, TT didn't. The player I spoke to today wasn't Enoch BTW.

Reaction Score
Since Vital and TT were on their visit together, I asked how they liked it. Enoch told me they loved it and we should expect a commitment sooner rather than later. I wasn't quite sure if he meant one or both of them. But Vital ended up committing, TT didn't. The player I spoke to today wasn't Enoch BTW.
Was it larrier?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox