PG Makai Ashton-Langford (UConn Offer) | Page 12 | The Boneyard

PG Makai Ashton-Langford (UConn Offer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He's going to answer like you are serious.
I realized that my mower reference mowed right over his head, but it wasn't worth poking fun at him or bashing him for it.

These recruiting threads are brutal. Check that, all Boneyard threads are pretty much brutal. I know complaining about this won't make a difference, but the yard simply isn't the fan friendly grassy patch it once was. Okay we've always had a spat here and one there. Just seems you can't get through a thread w/out it either morphing into some contest like who's tractor is longer (i.e. some completely random path to nowhere good) or the constant bashing of Chief or some other bloke. It's just so tiresome reading it.

Can't we just stay on topic and somehow take all your petty disdain for some members or opinions elsewhere. If someone posts something you disagree with, can't people just counter what they think w/out the personal attacks. It really sucks like 80% of the time reading this board now. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe I'm in a vast minority. But even Fishy barely posts on the Yard like he used to. I used to look forward to reading his witty biting comments, well I still do, but maybe I'm wrong, but even the great finned one seems to have an 'eh type affinity for the Yard these days.

I'm sure this is going on deaf ears. Some will likely bash me for this. Others will agree with me. I probably should not have bothered since I know things won't change. Just seems people have to be miserable ducks half the time on this board. Can't you just ignore those you don't like or don't like what they have to say? But that's too f*ng hard, isn't it!?!? :rolleyes:

caw

Reaction Score
I realized that my mower reference mowed right over his head, but it wasn't worth poking fun at him or bashing him for it.

These recruiting threads are brutal. Check that, all Boneyard threads are pretty much brutal. I know complaining about this won't make a difference, but the yard simply isn't the fan friendly grassy patch it once was. Okay we've always had a spat here and one there. Just seems you can't get through a thread w/out it either morphing into some contest like who's tractor is longer (i.e. some completely random path to nowhere good) or the constant bashing of Chief or some other bloke. It's just so tiresome reading it.

Can't we just stay on topic and somehow take all your petty disdain for some members or opinions elsewhere. If someone posts something you disagree with, can't people just counter what they think w/out the personal attacks. It really sucks like 80% of the time reading this board now. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe I'm in a vast minority. But even Fishy barely posts on the Yard like he used to. I used to look forward to reading his witty biting comments, well I still do, but maybe I'm wrong, but even the great finned one seems to have an 'eh type affinity for the Yard these days.

I'm sure this is going on deaf ears. Some will likely bash me for this. Others will agree with me. I probably should not have bothered since I know things won't change. Just seems people have to be miserable s half the time on this board. Can't you just ignore those you don't like or don't like what they have to say? But that's too f*ng hard, isn't it!?!? :rolleyes:

Put on ignore. :cool:

C

Chief00

He's going to answer like you are serious.

That's the facts on the ground - we are right there in the hunt but no longer singularly in the lead. My own opinion on recruiting is generally when you have the lead it's your opportunity to close it out - after that point it gets more challenging. For example, PC will try to neutralize our NBA draft advantage with Dunn going in top 3 or 5. UL somehow seems to be skating around the scandals that bother the 50 somethings on this board more than the kids. It only affects them if it directly affects their life.

Reaction Score
Well there were the threads around when Ollie became coach about how he spoke which seemed extremely racist
Ollie uses poor grammar at times. Those comments were legitimate but I think he is much better now.

Reactions: THC
Reaction Score

I'm sure this is going on deaf ears. Some will likely bash me for this. Others will agree with me. I probably should not have bothered since I know things won't change. Just seems people have to be miserable s half the time on this board. Can't you just ignore those you don't like or don't like what they have to say? But that's too f*ng hard, isn't it!?!? :rolleyes:

Your right Dog. But I'm not the one doing the negative post. This one, ok.

Reaction Score
Whats even worse is when a poster comes on here and acts holier than thou. This is message board after all. Opinions are what make it worthwhile....(sarcasm con't)

My username agrees with your use of "con" there.

Reaction Score
Ollie uses poor grammar at times. Those comments were legitimate but I think he is much better now.

Ollie occasionally speaks AAVE. People calling AAVE poor grammar is what he was referring to as racist.

Linguists maintain that there is nothing intrinsically "wrong" or "sloppy" about AAVE as a language variety since, like all dialects, AAVE shows consistent internal logic and grammatical complexity, and is used naturally to express thoughts and ideas.[78] Other attitudes about AAVE are less positive; since AAVE deviates from the standard, its use is commonly misinterpreted as a sign of ignorance, laziness, or both.[79][80] Perhaps because of this attitude (as well as similar attitudes among white and other Americans), most speakers of AAVE are bidialectal, being able to speak with a more General American accent as well as AAVE. Such linguistic adaptation in different environments is called code-switching[81][82]—though Linnes (1998) argues that the situation is actually one of diglossia:[83] each dialect, or code, is applied in different settings. Generally speaking, the degree of exclusive use of AAVE decreases with increasing socioeconomic status (although AAVE is still used by even well-educated African Americans).

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
u disagree with, can't people just counter But even Fishy barely posts on the Yard like he used to. I used to look forward to reading his witty biting comments, well I still do, but maybe I'm wrong, but even the great finned one seems to have an 'eh type affinity for the Yard these days.

Being serious for one moment - at this time of year, work is hectic, the other two members of the immediate family are busy with their stuff and getting ready for the end of the school year...If we have free time, I'd rather be outside than be on the internet.

There's really nothing going on this time of year... everyone just go outside and play for the next two months. The Boneyard will still be here in September.

C

Chief00

Ollie occasionally speaks AAVE. People calling AAVE poor grammar is what he was referring to as racist.

Linguists maintain that there is nothing intrinsically "wrong" or "sloppy" about AAVE as a language variety since, like all dialects, AAVE shows consistent internal logic and grammatical complexity, and is used naturally to express thoughts and ideas.[78] Other attitudes about AAVE are less positive; since AAVE deviates from the standard, its use is commonly misinterpreted as a sign of ignorance, laziness, or both.[79][80] Perhaps because of this attitude (as well as similar attitudes among white and other Americans), most speakers of AAVE are bidialectal, being able to speak with a more General American accent as well as AAVE. Such linguistic adaptation in different environments is called code-switching[81][82]—though Linnes (1998) argues that the situation is actually one of diglossia:[83] each dialect, or code, is applied in different settings. Generally speaking, the degree of exclusive use of AAVE decreases with increasing socioeconomic status (although AAVE is still used by even well-educated African Americans).

It's all good - just don't use it in a job interview or in an English class essay.

Reaction Score
My own opinion on recruiting is generally when you have the lead it's your opportunity to close it out - after that point it gets more challenging.

This is that good chief insider perspective we've come to depend on: it's harder to sign a kid when you're not his number one choice.

Next week: why it's generally easier to win a game when you have more points than the other team.

Reaction Score
This is that good chief insider perspective we've come to depend on: it's harder to sign a kid when you're not his number one choice.

Next week: why it's generally easier to win a game when you have more points than the other team.

fcbe5b243fac5e290768c33ad253abf30fe7e8ceb4f9cd4a0c91068a1438612b.jpg

C

Chief00

That's the facts on the ground - we are right there in the hunt but no longer singularly in the lead. My own opinion on recruiting is generally when you have the lead it's your opportunity to close it out - after that point it gets more challenging. For example, PC will try to neutralize our NBA draft advantage with Dunn going in top 3 or 5. UL somehow seems to be skating around the scandals that bother the 50 somethings on this board more than the kids. It only affects them if it directly affects their life.

BigErn my post was much more nuance than your abbreviated distortion indicated.

C

Chief00

Only in your head.

Some people want to believe the only visit a recruit enjoys is UConn's, kids never want to even consider going anywhere else and Gampel's flakey ceiling knocks their socks off.

Reaction Score
Being serious for one moment - at this time of year, work is hectic, the other two members of the immediate family are busy with their stuff and getting ready for the end of the school year...If we have free time, I'd rather be outside than be on the internet.

There's really nothing going on this time of year... everyone just go outside and play for the next two months. The Boneyard will still be here in September.
I couldn't agree more. I love this time of year.

C

Chief00

PC is pushing assistant coach Jeff Battle, who takes credit for the development of Dunn, Chris Paul and Chris Teague. He is why Andre left PC because the guards paid attention to him not Andre. Of course, we have KO's NBA background and a history of great guards Bazz, Kemba, Ray and Rip.

Reaction Score
PC is pushing assistant coach Jeff Battle, who takes credit for the development of Dunn, Chris Paul and Chris Teague. He is why Andre left PC because the guards paid attention to him not Andre. Of course, we have KO's NBA background and a history of great guards Bazz, Kemba, Ray and Rip.
Who is Chris Teague?

C

Chief00

Here comes a multi-page exchange where Chief attempts to debate fact

Correct - I inverted the first names typing on my phone. At least, I am one of the few here that has some meaningful content to share!

Reaction Score
your both like herpes,always up for ruining a good time. Please argue who is a bigger somewhere else

I'll give you a like for the rare post from you that isn't complete gibberish. "Your" aside, this is borderline readable. Quite an improvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom